Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    CH is not worth the effort in my opinion. From my heroic clear this week it never did more than 1.64% and it was often below 1. You can check your own damage under UA.

Do neither of you have the 4 set? I'm drowning in shards most of the time though to be fair I am currently on 19% haste, have Whispers and I have the belt as well but I am lucky if the latter gives me 3 shards on a fight. There is no stopping to wait for buffs, it's dump or cap, dump or cap. In an ideal world sure I would wait but in practice it is not possible personally so I focus more on making sure I fully drain them all. What I do try to do though is sync as many buffs as I can together and then use Reap so they are still worth tracking.

Whispers is a special case. Different people have different ideas on it and I am in the camp of drain rather than spamming UAs, though not capping, during the procs just something to bear in mind.

Add any racial, Reap, certain other trinket procs, Soul Harvest if you will use it and potions to your buff list.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and don't pay too much attention to the number Drain soul Casts (or believe that the same item level will do the same DPS) as some people spam and some not. What you do want to look at is Drain Soul uptime.

For comparison look more to fight length than worry about item level in my opinion. You want to compare yourself to the best logs.

Yes you wasted 3 Shards. Resources>Soul Shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    CH is not worth the effort in my opinion. From my heroic clear this week it never did more than 1.64% and it was often below 1. You can check your own damage under UA.

Do neither of you have the 4 set? I'm drowning in shards most of the time though to be fair I am currently on 19% haste, have Whispers and I have the belt as well but I am lucky if the latter gives me 3 shards on a fight. There is no stopping to wait for buffs, it's dump or cap, dump or cap. In an ideal world sure I would wait but in practice it is not possible personally so I focus more on making sure I fully drain them all. What I do try to do though is sync as many buffs as I can together and then use Reap so they are still worth tracking.

Whispers is a special case. Different people have different ideas on it and I am in the camp of drain rather than spamming UAs, though not capping, during the procs just something to bear in mind.

Add any racial, Reap, certain other trinket procs, Soul Harvest if you will use it and potions to your buff list.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and don't pay too much attention to the number Drain soul Casts (or believe that the same item level will do the same DPS) as some people spam and some not. What you do want to look at is Drain Soul uptime.

For comparison look more to fight length than worry about item level in my opinion. You want to compare yourself to the best logs.

Yeah, my drain time is around 35% which is about 15% too low by what I'm looking at in comparison. As far as aligning buffs, I'll only do that if Im at 3 shards or less. If there isn't a strong reason to dump UA into a target (either for capping reasons or if a buff is present I want to take advantage of) I think I would be better off just drain souling instead of using globals and cast time for unbuffed/un-reap UA.

i do have 4set, 12%, 915ilvl whispers and no belt or head.

but even then on a fight like trilliax you can starve yourself from shards. a fight like botanist its impossible. and then the inbetweens where sometimes you starve for a period and then you get a lot of shards again. and reap can also be a lot of RNG i feel like. i have attempts/kills with upwards of 20% difference in uptimes simply because i dont get souls(and its not because i dont tag the few adds that gives souls). this is why i bank shards so i always have some for when whispers procs or an add spawns. having 2-3 banked shards also eliminates the need to think ahead for when adds spawn and you get wrath stacks, where you need a lots of shards, nothing worse than entering some phase/add spawn or whatever with 0 shards.

actually just writing the above i think we both bank shards. what i talk about when "waiting" for buffs is that when i get wrath stacks or whispers i spend my bank. i also spend my bank on adds with low health, aiming for them to die when UA is up so i get shards refunded to throw into boss doing double (more like 1.5-1.8) times the dmg from 1 shard. especially nice on krosus and spellblade mythic.

hey Guys , im new to MMo champion , i've been following Nots Guide to Demonology which has been super helpful , i'm haveing a lot of trouble with DPS though , can you guy help me out? , i'v got a screen shot of my dps meter how do we go about this ??

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jordash2100 View Post
    hey Guys , im new to MMo champion , i've been following Nots Guide to Demonology which has been super helpful , i'm haveing a lot of trouble with DPS though , can you guy help me out? , i'v got a screen shot of my dps meter how do we go about this ??

Cheers
    A screenshot will not help. What you need are combat logs and ideally from a raid (LFR is ok but not ideal if you can't get others). If you log please enable advanced combat logging as well. You can Google how to do all of this.

Demo DPS Assistance

I'm trying to find ways that I could improve my DPS in NH raids. I feel like my DPS is low for my iLVL. All help is greatly appreciated.

Here is my most recent NH (N) logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/rx3kYQ791XAGNTgf
    Here is my armory link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Remuw/simple

Switched to Warlock recently and wanted to play Demo, not really getting the numbers i think I should any help would be appreciated

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

NO.

COMPLETELY WRONG.

DS uptime is NOT IMPORTANT.

Look at the number of UA ticks UNDER DS AURA (which you can see by enabling/disabling the DS aura icon to the top right of your damage breakdown).

Quote Originally Posted by Prawntage View Post
    NO.

COMPLETELY WRONG.

DS uptime is NOT IMPORTANT.

Look at the number of UA ticks UNDER DS AURA (which you can see by enabling/disabling the DS aura icon to the top right of your damage breakdown).
    It is still important in my opinion as say a 10% and a 30% uptime log will definitely have different DPS.

Aye, like I said before there are ways to check drain during UA and yes you have described one of them. Is that more important? Naturally.

Deleted
    It is still important in my opinion as say a 10% and a 30% uptime log will definitely have different DPS.

Aye, like I said before there are ways to check drain during UA and yes you have described one of them. Is that more important? Naturally.
    Yes but why look at DS uptime when you can get the exact accurate information you are looking for with looking at UA ticks under DS aura. That is the only thing you care about drain soul uptime of.

My point is to look at both and I had already covered drain cycles (though admittedly I never did around to explaining how to do the auras/pins).

So anyhow 20% person A is running around like a headless chicken doing nothing. 20% of the time person B is draining and getting 70% more on their 3 basic DoTs. Do you really think there will not be a difference? Of course there will. Why can't both things matter? More than likely though the person with the much higher Drain Soul uptime will have also drained more of their UA ticks.

Hi. I'm switching from Destruction to Demonology, and this is pretty much my first time playing it since it's newest incarnation. My DPS feels awful. Here's my Krosus fight ( warcraftlogs.com/reports/YJVDXRfB72zkxKgv#fight=5&type=damage-done ) and my Chronomatic Anomaly ( warcraftlogs.com/reports/YJVDXRfB72zkxKgv#fight=2&type=damage-done ).

My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Zizzasaurus/simple Relics are an 875 wild imp, 880 doom and 850 doom, trying to replace the dooms with more wild imp relics from elisande/guldan and artifact weapon is rank 37 right now. Also trying to get a Whisper to replace my KJ trinket to equip Wilfred's.

Basically, what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to shoot for 800k+ Chronomatic and 700k+ Krosus DPS. What do I need to do to get there? My per-ilvl parses are dreadful right now, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong play-wise, but am I gearing correctly and am I aiming for the right gear on top of that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzypie View Post
    Hi. I'm switching from Destruction to Demonology, and this is pretty much my first time playing it since it's newest incarnation. My DPS feels awful. Here's my Krosus fight ( warcraftlogs.com/reports/YJVDXRfB72zkxKgv#fight=5&type=damage-done ) and my Chronomatic Anomaly ( warcraftlogs.com/reports/YJVDXRfB72zkxKgv#fight=2&type=damage-done ).

My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Zizzasaurus/simple Relics are an 875 wild imp, 880 doom and 850 doom, trying to replace the dooms with more wild imp relics from elisande/guldan and artifact weapon is rank 37 right now. Also trying to get a Whisper to replace my KJ trinket to equip Wilfred's.

Basically, what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to shoot for 800k+ Chronomatic and 700k+ Krosus DPS. What do I need to do to get there? My per-ilvl parses are dreadful right now, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong play-wise, but am I gearing correctly and am I aiming for the right gear on top of that?
    Aiming for 800k+ on Chrono and 700k+ on Krosus as demo and with your current gear is very unrealistic. If you look at warlock ranking on both fights, you will see very few demo locks, and those that hit such high numbers, have 910+ ilvel equip. Looking at your logs, you seem to have good uptime on your DE, I would however recomend using Darkglare for fights like Spellblade and Botanist, for killing adds faster and cleave damage.

Deleted
    well, giving it once again a try since the last time didn´t result in much.

my main issue is that i seem to way underperform damagewise for my itemlevel (901) and i just can´t figure out from what that could come.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Caledan/simple

general logs of the character: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7580031/latest

really could need some help with it as im rather unsure with the whole thing, i follow the stat priority for destruction, rotations being done as good as i can, but my only improvement feels like it could be from more ranks into the weapon, which can´t be more than about 30k propably either. my only thought is that i may just screwed up with the trinket and or requiring the really good legendaries as destruction which i kinda doubt. guild and everyones saying the damage is way under what destruction warlocks on about the same itemlevel can put out....

Need some help. Seem stuck and cannot hit dps I think I should be hitting for iLVL.

Warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...izzar/advanced

I have been focusing on working to keep Doom up always and keep max pets out. I just feel I am still lacking by about 100-200k. Any help or tips would be most appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malizzar View Post
    Need some help. Seem stuck and cannot hit dps I think I should be hitting for iLVL.

I have been focusing on working to keep Doom up always and keep max pets out. I just feel I am still lacking by about 100-200k. Any help or tips would be most appreciated.
    Any thoughts?

Hey everyone! I have a huge problem regarding dps. I cannot surpass 250-300k damage. Any help in gear, rotation, relics would be appreciated!
    Here is the character's armory: Riftlord Frostmane (I cannot post a link due to forum restrictions!)
    Please give me some basic guidance because I'm in the edge of deleting this guy!
    Thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athinamj View Post
    Hey everyone! I have a huge problem regarding dps. I cannot surpass 250-300k damage. Any help in gear, rotation, relics would be appreciated!
    Here is the character's armory: Riftlord Frostmane (I cannot post a link due to forum restrictions!)
    Please give me some basic guidance because I'm in the edge of deleting this guy!
    Thank you!
    Can you link a boss kill log to look at?

[QUOTE=Malizzar;45124586]Need some help. Seem stuck and cannot hit dps I think I should be hitting for iLVL.

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas to help?

No thoughts at all?

I am trying to help a guildy out. He plays affliction. He has 898 gear, with the head and cloak for aff. He is consistently 100k behind me. I play single target demon all throughout NH. When I first started playing with him, the biggest thing I noticed was that he was letting agony drop off, like ALOT. 70-80% uptime. This past thursday, I checked all the live logs and he kept agony up on the boss pretty consistently all night long. Only going below 90% once, and most fights right around 95%+. I personally don't know enough about affliction to say what he is doing wrong at this point. To my knowledge, he shouldn't be 100k behind me all the time like he is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

He is Iwantblood

Armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blood/advanced

Logs- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...iew=analytical