Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hey guys,

I recently got back into playing wow and after playing catch up for a month i was able to get my ILVL to 921. In the link below youll see im still following the rotation that was best pre TOS. I was wondering if i could get some advice on how i can get my dps numbers higher. I know my haste is lower than it should be which im working on, but i know there's more that i'm not doing as well as i should. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

LOGS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

ARMORY: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...on/chaosshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently got back into playing wow and after playing catch up for a month i was able to get my ILVL to 921. In the link below youll see im still following the rotation that was best pre TOS. I was wondering if i could get some advice on how i can get my dps numbers higher. I know my haste is lower than it should be which im working on, but i know there's more that i'm not doing as well as i should. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

LOGS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

ARMORY: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...on/chaosshadow
    Do you have any other leggos? Trinkets?

Rotation wise work on:

Dogs on cooldown (once you get 4 set you will not want to overwrite the buff though), you had so so many missed casts

Your opener

Talents are not the strongest but perhaps you prefer this set up

Casting gaps, no Demonwrath use

More TKCs

DE uptime (was only 88% on DI), DE after every summon/combo summon

Combo summons more, no reason to ever send out a Doomguard/Felguard alone

Doom uptime only 91% on DI which says you were not casting enough as well

On Demonic Inquistion switch target sooner, you got a lot of avoidable Torment

If you haven't yet also fully read the http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home/ and go practice. Demo takes most people a bit of work to make it really shine.

Good luck

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    hello everyone,

so, i just got back a month and a bit ago, my dps climbed nicely as i geared up, but i sort of plateaued where i am right now. what i notice is that others who are more or less with the same ilvl as i am are doing *much* more effective damage than me, even if i have around the same dps.

my opening burst is quite high, reaching 2-2.5 sometimes, but then over the course of the fight i drop to 900-1.1 mil, i tried using the talents/gear reccomended by the sims, but that actually lowered my dps by quite a bit. my raid awarness and preparation for specific times in a fight is usually higher than average, so i don't think is that, and i'm stumped as to how i can improve tbh.

perhaps move all my gems and enchants to mastery ? but these are such small differences, would they have such a major effect ?

here's my logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...nilash/martock

P.S. this is my first time ever working with logs/sims, and all of this is way over my head, so if i need to link something else or provide more information somehow, please advice.

Quote Originally Posted by opath View Post
    hello everyone,

so, i just got back a month and a bit ago, my dps climbed nicely as i geared up, but i sort of plateaued where i am right now. what i notice is that others who are more or less with the same ilvl as i am are doing *much* more effective damage than me, even if i have around the same dps.

my opening burst is quite high, reaching 2-2.5 sometimes, but then over the course of the fight i drop to 900-1.1 mil, i tried using the talents/gear reccomended by the sims, but that actually lowered my dps by quite a bit. my raid awarness and preparation for specific times in a fight is usually higher than average, so i don't think is that, and i'm stumped as to how i can improve tbh.

perhaps move all my gems and enchants to mastery ? but these are such small differences, would they have such a major effect ?

here's my logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...nilash/martock

P.S. this is my first time ever working with logs/sims, and all of this is way over my head, so if i need to link something else or provide more information somehow, please advice.
    I'll perhaps look into your logs more another day if someone does not beat me first (or join the Warlock Discord and someone will read them on the spot) but from a quick sim you are losing about 5% (about 60k) DPS on single target from your talent choices and a lot more on multi-target.

For now work on watching Immolate uptime a little better and on better positioning and minimising your movement and casting gaps. Your opener looks pretty decent actually though most people will take GoServ as you have the little infernals on short fights and the extra summons are nice for bursting on demand.

http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home Awesome site if you have not read it yet.

Don't stack Mastery. Destro tends to just like stats so item level usually wins out. However, your haste is on the low side so you may want to favour that a little more at the moment but you need to sim this to see. Go play with Raidbots if you haven't yet.

Also grab some enchants (not mastery), use pots x2 and food.

Deleted
    Hi everyone !

( Excuse my english, im french :/)

I have serious problems to get competitive with my aff lock.
    before link my logs, let me explain the whole thing :

926-930 ilvl ( depends the config)
    Generally :
    30% + Haste
    ~20% crit
    100-115% mastery

Legs i have : Hood, Prydaz, Sephuz, Sacrolash, Norgannon's (I mention it but lol).

Trinkets : Arcano 860 , Whispers in the Dark 895, Tamished Sentinel 920, Charm of the Rising tide 920, Terror From Below 935 socket .

Here for the stuff.
    For my log, i'm new account so i can't paste, but here are the part of url : /rankings/character/20911835/13#metric=dps

It's very very horrible and i can't find why !
    I've read tons of tons of guide, spent hours on lockonestopshop and here, but i couldn't find an issue to get better DPS. I'm pretty sure it's my stats ( lack of mastery?) or my rotation ( dunno for example if with contagion I have to priorize the +12% buff or not)

I'll be very thanksful if anybody, anything help me there, caus I seriously begin to wonder if i have to change main even if i love my lock. But in mythic, that kind of dps is not possible....

Thank you ( excuse me again for my english i know it's terrible)

Hello, while I'm not doing poorly at all, I just want to improve my uptime on Drain Souls while I'm using Malefic Grasp, because I feel like it's way lower than it should be on ST (usually around 40%), and that holds my dps back a little. So I'm just wondering what amount of uptime I should be aiming for, and if there are any tips to optimal usage of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Drahkmar View Post
    Hello, while I'm not doing poorly at all, I just want to improve my uptime on Drain Souls while I'm using Malefic Grasp, because I feel like it's way lower than it should be on ST (usually around 40%), and that holds my dps back a little. So I'm just wondering what amount of uptime I should be aiming for, and if there are any tips to optimal usage of it?
    It partly depends on the fight but in the top Goroth/Sisters mythic logs that I looked at the drain uptimes are 45-52%. Of course with longer kill times though there is some RNG you can usually be certain that mechanics will target you more. Also you may have to move for mechanics, mainly soaking of infernal circles and soaking the shot on Sisters, a lot more than other people. Again there is also RNG involved in how many UAs you can cast. So assuming the above are factors then your 40% sounds decent to me.

Though drain uptime is important with MG what is more important is fully draining your UA ticks and making the most of Reap and SH (also whilst draining of course).

So two main things I can think of right now to increase drain uptime. Don't waste globals casting DoTs/Lifetap too much when planted and work on minimising your movement.

So you probably know this all already as you are getting a decent drain uptime before the fight think about where you need to start and where you are most likely probably moving to. Will your gateway and/or circle help you with that?

If you do have to move then think about what you will be casting on the way.

On every instant can you already be stutter stepping over there?

Other than that can't think of anything to add at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys,

I was last Tuesday for the first time in heroic ToS and I think my DPS was pretty bad, I was ilvl920 at this raid day with the chest and head legendary and i think I had something about 110% Mastery.

Would you please just fly over my heroic logs and tell me if I did something wrong or maybe had the wrong talents etc.?

I am Abradab the Warlock.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Hi guys,

I was last Tuesday for the first time in heroic ToS and I think my DPS was pretty bad, I was ilvl920 at this raid day with the chest and head legendary and i think I had something about 110% Mastery.

Would you please just fly over my heroic logs and tell me if I did something wrong or maybe had the wrong talents etc.?

I am Abradab the Warlock.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Looks decent overall. Keep rolling the trinkies and you probably want some more haste for ST.

Read http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home if you haven't yet.

Goroth: Never open with just 1 UA like you did especially when using SH and under BL/Hero as you then had to interrupt your drain. Work on slightly clearer drain cycles. Save up Reap and shards for SH. Late pot.

DI: When playing with those talents you need to put more emphasis on your buffs like Reap and SH.

Harj: Need to drain and UA on death more. You would usually wait for adds for the first SH so you can extend it, however, it's pretty close with your kill times. Don't put so much emphasis on drain when WiA, focus more on the adds (MG is also a fine choice for this fight). Usually when the adds die that quick you would get more DPS from Corruption over Agony. Corruption dropped from Harj a lot. With these talents spread out your UAs for higher Contagion uptime. Forgot second pot.

Mistress: If you're going to take Seeds then you want to be spamming it on the adds not the 1-2 casts you were doing. Again take advantage of the adds dying.

Host: Again extend your SHs and get better dumps in buffs.

Avatar: Consider WiA. Your drain cycles were kinda all over the place. Agony dropped on Maiden a lot but perhaps you were asked to.

KJ: Statistics show MG to be a slightly stronger talent though it's also a personal thing. Extend SH .Drain during intermission for souls

Good luck

Always may be errors.

Haven't done this in awhile and I'm always looking for ways to improve. Seems like my parses have been going downhill the higher ilvl I get.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&difficulty=0

I am Tikidot. Thank you to anybody that takes a look and gives me some tips. I'm not the smartest warlock player but I try hard

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Haven't done this in awhile and I'm always looking for ways to improve. Seems like my parses have been going downhill the higher ilvl I get.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&difficulty=0

I am Tikidot. Thank you to anybody that takes a look and gives me some tips. I'm not the smartest warlock player but I try hard
    You waited like 4 seconds to apply your first agony on goroth for some reason.
    Takes you over 5 sec to apply the first corruption and you let it fall at least twice.
    Some of the pandemic is questionable.
    Drain cycles are not fully drained, and you stop to reapply corruption/agony a ton, you should try and avoid this situation from happening.
    Those legs are not ideal for ST
    Whispers is shit now, get something else, also the other trinket is not that good either I think, I bet 2 of those unsullied 910 with passive stats trinkets would give you better results, you shouldn't have a problem getting two of those, I get them everyday.
    2 of your relics are hot garbage traits, idk if the crucible is worth it? I can't check that.

Same deal with a lot of wasted seconds on the opener on DI, you let agony fall a ton on each boss at different times, again no ideal legendary like corruption ring.
    And some of this stuff keeps repeating on most bosses.
    Last edited by Nigmatar; 2017-11-03 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    You waited like 4 seconds to apply your first agony on goroth for some reason.
    Takes you over 5 sec to apply the first corruption and you let it fall at least twice.
    Some of the pandemic is questionable.
    Drain cycles are not fully drained, and you stop to reapply corruption/agony a ton, you should try and avoid this situation from happening.
    Those legs are not ideal for ST
    Whispers is shit now, get something else, also the other trinket is not that good either I think, I bet 2 of those unsullied 910 with passive stats trinkets would give you better results, you shouldn't have a problem getting two of those, I get them everyday.
    2 of your relics are hot garbage traits, idk if the crucible is worth it? I can't check that.

Same deal with a lot of wasted seconds on the opener on DI, you let agony fall a ton on each boss at different times, again no ideal legendary like corruption ring.
    And some of this stuff keeps repeating on most bosses.

and in general your il
    thanks Nigmatar! yeah, I don't think I was ready for the pull on some bosses because I was messing around or something. The relics have ok 2nd and 3rd tier levels--or at least the best of what I have.

You're correct in that I got rid of whispers and now have a couple of stack sticks for the most part.

I will work on trying to keep my drain cyles up for longer when running MG. I usually always refresh (regardless of pandemic) dots when I'm moving. I think I have gotten into the habit though of always refreshing agony when I refresh corruption even though it is at like 10 seconds and outside pandemic range just so when I pump two UAs and drain cycle I don't end up having to stop to refresh dots.

Which brings me to me other question: I believe we are supposed to always refresh dots over drain cycle now right?

Again, thanks so much for your feedback. I have some things to firm up that I will work on!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Which brings me to me other question: I believe we are supposed to always refresh dots over drain cycle now right?

Again, thanks so much for your feedback. I have some things to firm up that I will work on!
    Corruption and Agony take preference over drain cycle yes, but you should try to avoid having to do this as much as possible, i.e. pooling shards and souls without overcapping or wasting shards and reapplying agony/corruption during these moments so that you don't need to interrupt the drain to reapply maintenance dots.

Of course there are times when this is impossible and the drain needs to be interrupted, your plan should be to do the drains as clean as possible during normal circumstances.

and for Writhe in Agony you want to pool the shards all you can without wasting until you get some kind of proc and then dump them all on top of the proc, you don't want to just dump shards as you get them 1 by 1.
    Last edited by Nigmatar; 2017-11-03 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    Corruption and Agony take preference over drain cycle yes, but you should try to avoid having to do this as much as possible, i.e. pooling shards and souls without overcapping or wasting shards and reapplying agony/corruption during these moments so that you don't need to interrupt the drain to reapply maintenance dots.

Of course there are times when this is impossible and the drain needs to be interrupted, your plan should be to do the drains as clean as possible during normal circumstances.

and for Writhe in Agony you want to pool the shards all you can without wasting until you get some kind of proc and then dump them all on top of the proc, you don't want to just dump shards as you get them 1 by 1.
    Again, thank you Nigmatar for the advice. I'll be focusing on cleaner drain cycles and more strategic refreshing of dots!

Deleted
    Hello. Hope someone will take a look at my logs.

Really want to try and push for blue logs instead of green. Im not totally sure where i need to advance, so any advice would be awesome.

Legs available for Affliction : Hood, Sacrolash ring, trinket, cape.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RvQyNbMLxhWqw4zD

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Hello. Hope someone will take a look at my logs.

Really want to try and push for blue logs instead of green. Im not totally sure where i need to advance, so any advice would be awesome.

Legs available for Affliction : Hood, Sacrolash ring, trinket, cape.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RvQyNbMLxhWqw4zD

Thanks in advance.
    That tome trinket is not very good unless you can abuse the extra seconds on add fights, one of those passive mastery relinquished trinkets should be better for ST.
    Not the best legs for ST.
    Weak opener, try to at least do 3 UAs during the first drain under SH and another 3 during the 2nd drain before SH expires or all at once, take a few seconds draining at the start if you don't get some shards/souls.
    Never pop SH right at the start of a fight without any dots ticking and buffs rolling, on sisters you basically use SH 1 sec into the fight while you're doing no damage because you're just starting to apply your dots.
    Try to do the same for the late fight SHs, pool some resources in anticipation.
    You didn't use the on use trinket on opener, some of your drains are weird, you need to clean them up, it seems like you can't make up your mind if you're gonna drain 2 UAs or 3 then you dump a ton of UAs and then you don't drain them
    Deadwind uptime is really low on goroth, I can't tell if you're holding them or just bad rng, also try to not dump tons of UAs if you can't reap them, at most dump 1 by 1 to not overcap.
    If you're gonna dump 3+ UAs, reap after the 2nd(offgcd) and then cast the 3rd, followed by drain or more UAs (if you're overcapping), at some point in sisters you dump 4 UAs then THEN reap them, which wasted a lot of ticks under no reap, only exception when under lust, but this is minor.
    On DI you have a ST spec, really need to switch to writhe+absolute corruption, those legs (helmet+sacro) complement those talents very well on multidot fights.

On Harjatan you go full aoe multidot spec, but its not that good because lack of adds and adds dying too fast because heroic.
    I didn't check every boss but basically take a look at the top specs used on warcraft logs for each boss and try to emulate them, you can't really go wrong from the perspective of a casual raider.
    Be aware that some fights are very different on heroic vs mythic like Harjatan and demand a completely different set of talents and legendary combo.
    Last edited by Nigmatar; 2017-11-06 at 06:18 AM.

Hello all of you wonderful warlocks.

I am hoping to gain some help for one of my close guildies who is having some struggles with getting his dps to better levels.
    My warlock is only level 77, so I can only provide glimpses at things when investigating logs. I am still newish to reading logs for myself as a fury warrior, but cast times and channels, plus things like soul shards confuse me.

I know he's been hunting after some better trinkets, His manacracker is a 940, but I don't think it's very good, and I've linked him the BloodyTrinkets spreadsheets. He just recently switched to the Soul Legendary and does not yet have the belt.

Character of question on WL
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...rmoon/praxlock

Character on WoW Armory
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rmoon/praxlock

Latest Sisters Heroic Comparison to a 939 vs Prax at a 934
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...,8&source=3,16

Prax on KJ last night. ( he did die at 6:51 )
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=39

Hopefully some of the experts can look a tad deeper into some of his logs and see where he is going wrong. He used to be a god, but something must have changed in the raid tier that he just didn't keep up with.
    Last edited by Ewanar; 2017-11-09 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Added trinket info

Quote Originally Posted by Ewanar View Post
    Hello all of you wonderful warlocks.

I am hoping to gain some help for one of my close guildies who is having some struggles with getting his dps to better levels.
    My warlock is only level 77, so I can only provide glimpses at things when investigating logs. I am still newish to reading logs for myself as a fury warrior, but cast times and channels, plus things like soul shards confuse me.

I know he's been hunting after some better trinkets, His manacracker is a 940, but I don't think it's very good, and I've linked him the BloodyTrinkets spreadsheets. He just recently switched to the Soul Legendary and does not yet have the belt.

Character of question on WL
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...rmoon/praxlock

Character on WoW Armory
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rmoon/praxlock

Latest Sisters Heroic Comparison to a 939 vs Prax at a 934
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...,8&source=3,16

Prax on KJ last night. ( he did die at 6:51 )
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=39

Hopefully some of the experts can look a tad deeper into some of his logs and see where he is going wrong. He used to be a god, but something must have changed in the raid tier that he just didn't keep up with.
    Chest is a horrible legendary for Single Target fights or practically any fight without tons of adds to flood you with shards, its just too low of a % to get any meaningful procs when limited by low shard generation unless you are absurdly lucky.

Phantom Singularity is weak in general, you only use it when you want add dmg around the boss, SH is the way to go most of the time.
    It adds a much stronger opener and execute.

Extremely bad relics from what I can see, plus I can't see any of the dark/light crucible dmg procs so either really low artifact weapon level or just extra bad relics, 150 gems.

Bad drains, lack of it seems to be the biggest issue
    https://a.uguu.se/Yd65gwFBuAkj_2017-11-09_10-52-41.png
    Lots of this.
    Lots of downtime in general.

Sometimes dumps up to 3 UAs when he has no souls or reap available, at most you dump 1 UA at a time when you have no souls/reap and you pool the rest.

That trinket manacracker whatever looks like garbage even at that high ilvl, I would sim it vs a passive mastery 910 one and check since they're easy to get.
    But I wouldn't use that whispers either.

Very weak execute, didn't pool resources in anticipation.
    Wasted at least 1 shard and didn't snipe another from moontalon.
    Last edited by Nigmatar; 2017-11-09 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks Nigmatar for the insight.
    =)

Hi guys, I'm trying to get a hang of Aff lock rotation (MG/Contagion),

however i can't seem to constantly hit my simdps in a patchwerk setting, against a dummy.
    Here's a fight log against a dummy: (Add in the www infront of the link)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/MgZTFwr83nkf4c1X#fight=last&type=damage-done&source=1

And here's a report of my simulated dps: (Add in the www infront of the link)
    raidbots.com/simbot/report/aRmCvFrjApiwpooyF6nD4X/simc

More often than not, I'm not able to maintain that 80% uptime on Deadwind harvester,
    Usually hitting between 40-70% uptime on Deadwind Harvester only.
    Here's an example (scaled to 120secs): warcraftlogs.com/reports/nRBp4vr72VygWjNK/#fight=last&type=damage-done&source=1&start=924786&end=1044965

(Ignore my other logs, I'm still trying to do a proper rotation on patchwerk before being able to dps in raid environment)

Another problem is, somehow even if I was able to hit my SimDPS. That'll only give me a whooping blue parse. Any idea where I might have gone wrong?
    (Nope i do not have the Netherlord ring legendary. I have Master Harvester/Powercords/Sacrolash/Prydaz/Pillars/KJ trinket)
    Last edited by FroztSpectre; 2017-12-06 at 10:21 AM.