10+ Year Old Account

The Anglers rep.

I have no idea where post it so here.

Can you guys tell me, how to gain quick exalted with Anglers? I didin't play durning MoP sadly.

Do the quests at their little quest hub on the south coast of the Dread Wastes. Then do their dailies every day until you've hit the desired reputation level. Don't forget to buy the +100% token after hitting revered. I'm pretty sure the 3 fish that you can turn in to (MoP) Nat once a day also give rep with the Anglers. But those can take a while to fish up.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    17 days give or take? IIRC it's 2500 rep per day if you do all three dailies and all three Nat Pagle turn ins.

If your goal is the water walking mount it might be faster to fish up lunkers for the draenor one. You get Nat Pagle rep for turning them in so you'll probably get most of the needed rep by the time you have enough coins for the mount. Assuming you have the level 3 fishing shack and Nat as a follower that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    17 days give or take? IIRC it's 2500 rep per day if you do all three dailies and all three Nat Pagle turn ins.

If your goal is the water walking mount it might be faster to fish up lunkers for the draenor one. You get Nat Pagle rep for turning them in so you'll probably get most of the needed rep by the time you have enough coins for the mount. Assuming you have the level 3 fishing shack and Nat as a follower that is.
    ^^ This

The draenor one is faster only in that you can grind for a day or two and get it, spending around 10-12 hours those days grinding it. However there are a lot of hoops to jump through to unlock it. You need to get 700 fishing, and you need to get draenor Angler, 100 each of each Draenor fish. Then you need to get Nat Pagle as a follower. THEN you can start fishing for lunkers. Then you'll catch approximately 2k fish just for the lunkers.

So, a little bit of effort daily for like 18 days vs 1-2 days of balls to the wall grinding. It's all personal preference to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep exactly for water walking mount. Main problem is, i got fishing close to 300 skill and skiling it is horrible. ;/

Deleted
    If you want it super quick and are filthy rich you can buy a ton of the Hojin Peace Pipe and gain rep that way. http://www.wowhead.com/item=86592/ho...-pipe#comments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yep exactly for water walking mount. Main problem is, i got fishing close to 300 skill and skiling it is horrible. ;/
    In that case you'll have to grind the rep.

Fishing skill is fairly easy to level now though. The garrison daily gives 15 skill, plus whatever skill you get from catching the required fish.

Edit: Or you could just stock up on Draenic Water Walking Elixir. The mats for those are dirt cheap.
    Last edited by Brightamethyst; 2016-08-29 at 08:04 PM.

It'll probably be quicker to get the Crimson Strider at this rate.

Dont forget theres mobs you can farm that drop insignias. Lost shado pan insignia gives 1k rep per insignia. If youre already revered, it gives 2.2k.

I farmed War-god Dokah on the isle of giants. Took me 2 hours to hit exalted from revered without questing.

If you arent revered and arent even close, its better to just go for the crimson as long as you have all of the things you need like 700 fishing and whatever else there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    It'll probably be quicker to get the Crimson Strider at this rate.
    Not if he's only 300 skill and done no draenor fishing.

Let's face it, the garrison fishing stuff is mostly for the serious fishermen. Some of us, especially here on the forums, may have the patience to get all those achievements and catch all those lunkers but the average person does not. Yes, you could technically get the draenor fishing meta and Nat as a follower and catch 100 lunkers in less than the 2.5 weeks it takes to get Anglers exalted, but it would still take (literally) days of doing nothing but draenor fishing. That seem unlikely with an expansion hitting in less than 12 hours.

Anglers rep meanwhile only takes about 20 minutes per day. Technically slower, but more realistic.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Dont forget theres mobs you can farm that drop insignias. Lost shado pan insignia gives 1k rep per insignia. If youre already revered, it gives 2.2k.

I farmed War-god Dokah on the isle of giants. Took me 2 hours to hit exalted from revered without questing.

If you arent revered and arent even close, its better to just go for the crimson as long as you have all of the things you need like 700 fishing and whatever else there is.
    There is no Anglers insignia....

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    There is no Anglers insignia....
    Er fuck was thinking of shado pan for some reason.

Okay, rather than insignias just get the 3 rare fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Not if he's only 300 skill and done no draenor fishing.

Let's face it, the garrison fishing stuff is mostly for the serious fishermen. Some of us, especially here on the forums, may have the patience to get all those achievements and catch all those lunkers but the average person does not. Yes, you could technically get the draenor fishing meta and Nat as a follower and catch 100 lunkers in less than the 2.5 weeks it takes to get Anglers exalted, but it would still take (literally) days of doing nothing but draenor fishing. That seem unlikely with an expansion hitting in less than 12 hours.

Anglers rep meanwhile only takes about 20 minutes per day. Technically slower, but more realistic.
    I don't understand why you all are even arguing about this lmao.
    Both are easy, and both require minimal work.
    First off lets correct your assumption. You can fish for 20 mins a day just like the dailies, and still get done quicker doing draenor vs mop. Even if you start from 0 fishing. The average rate of fishing skill ups in draenors fishing in garrison pre 700 is literally almost every other cast until 600. Then it becomes like every 4-5 casts. once you reach 700 you start picking zones and fishing up lunkers. My suggestion however is once you reach 700 go to legion and get 800. this will increase your chance at lunkers by a lot.

Don't listen to the people above comparing things that shouldnt even be compared. Realistically fishing up lunkers is quicker albeit rng.
    The above comparison is a false statement.
    20 mins a day fishing will get you your reins faster than 20 mins a day doing dailies for mop. No need to grind out 2 days of fishing unless you really just want it that much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksonfire View Post
    I don't understand why you all are even arguing about this lmao.
    Both are easy, and both require minimal work.
    First off lets correct your assumption. You can fish for 20 mins a day just like the dailies, and still get done quicker doing draenor vs mop. Even if you start from 0 fishing. The average rate of fishing skill ups in draenors fishing in garrison pre 700 is literally almost every other cast until 600. Then it becomes like every 4-5 casts. once you reach 700 you start picking zones and fishing up lunkers. My suggestion however is once you reach 700 go to legion and get 800. this will increase your chance at lunkers by a lot.

Don't listen to the people above comparing things that shouldnt even be compared. Realistically fishing up lunkers is quicker albeit rng.
    The above comparison is a false statement.
    20 mins a day fishing will get you your reins faster than 20 mins a day doing dailies for mop. No need to grind out 2 days of fishing unless you really just want it that much quicker.

A little Late... but A much easier approach has happened...
    Since MOP timewalking was released you can now buy anglers rep 300 a token for 50 timewarped badges WHICH ARE BOA to send to the toon you are closest on... Happy day for all those chasing a water mount. Wont help you collecting the nat pagle one, but definitely will get you one quickly.