Is it normal to do more DPS as frost than fire

Hello fellow mages .

Issue:
    I've been running fire for the past 2 weeks in dungeons and noticed that my DPS lagged behind in all trash packs, however it catches up during boss fights.

However today Ive tried running as frost and saw my DPS was higher on trash with frost, and during boss fights it alternates based on whether I land a full Ray of Frost successfully.

So I decided to test my DPS against a 102 dummy.

On fire : DPS 25k -27.5k

A) Spam cast Fireball
    B) If Heating up -Fireblast
    C) Hot streak - Combine Pyroblast with a Fireball
    D) Combustion on cooldown
    E) Rune of Power when at 2 stacks

On frost : 35 k

A) Open with Rune of Power + Icy Vein + Ray of Frost
    B) Frostbolt x 5
    C) Cast Icelance when FoF procs
    D) Cast Flurry when proc
    E) Cast Glacial Spike
    F) Use Rune of Power with Ray of Frost always
    G) Occasionally Ice Nova

My specs: ( Same set of gear -mostly PvP)

Fire:
    Intellect: 6965
    Crit : 35%
    Haste : 18%
    Mastery : 14 %

Frost:
    Intellect: 6965
    Crit : 15%
    Haste : 27%
    Mastery : 43 %

Everyone says fire is better, but I cant translate these numbers on a dummy, trash pack while at bosses I haven't done enough testing to confirm which is higher, but seems close.

Is the reason I cant see this:

My gear?
    My rotations? (L2P issue)
    Or something else

Armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Leshaza/simple
    Last edited by Joodas; 2016-08-29 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added armory link

10+ Year Old Account
    Your crit is suspiciously low as fire, I have 45% before food buff at i705. Fire is not good at trash packs right now, but their artifact helps immensely with it (bonus ignite damage, Phoenix Flames doing AoE damage, a keystone trait that makes Flamestrike better, etc.) so they are a lot better at 110 with a fleshed-out artifact.

For bosses, you should definitely be doing more dps over Frost, fire mage's burst period is insane if you pull it off correctly. I suggest checking out the Icy-Veins guide to Fire.

Defintely doing more dps on bosses as frost at 105, but doing way more AOE damage as fire

Game isn't made to be balanced below max character level.

I think game is balanced around artifact, i suppose that when you get the trait on fire artifact that increases dmg by 5% for every consecutive crit you can dish out monster numbers, yesterday i probably had 10 or more crits in a row (50% more dmg)
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-08-31 at 10:15 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

My gear was mostly LFR / Invasion crap and i had around 44% crit around 102-103.
    But to be honest, when i tried Arcane with Aluneth i did more Damage than Fire. So i'm not sure if it's just me being dumb or whatever. I'm actually afraid of levelling Aluneth and ending up not being competitive since Fire seems to be the better choice for end game.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.