Thread: /who 110

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titansruler View Post
    I'm also not a huge fan of the whole optimization thing.. Blizzard announces something new, and you bet there's already someone making a guide on how to perfect/optimize the upcoming feature. Once that guide is out, you better follow that guide or you're out. Can't recall where it read it, but I believe someone wrote that if A is 1-2% better than B, the current community will go with A and mention B is no longer viable. To be part of Mythic raiding, this mindset is accepted by the community, so you better follow suit or sit out.

I know I'll be spending some time on my alts to enjoy the levelling content after raiding has started and settled in. All this after I've been 'forced' to rush through it on my main..
    Honestly you are not forced to conform, and no sane Mythic guild expect of you to better follow suit in an army type of fashion without any deviations or you sit out. Not as long as your decisions doesn't impact your guild or raiding team negatively.
    Guilds fighting for or aiming at world top 20 most likely expect that you'd be ready to go as soon as first raid opens, but are you in one of those? If not, please remember that you actually do have options and that you don't need to be forced to level in a way you don't enjoy. There are good semi hardcore guilds doing really well out there that don't play dictator over their members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think it's a big shame to rush the game.

Not only have a lot of people spent thousands and thousands of hours preparing the leveling content, with quests etc, and those hours have resulted in good content. To rush it feels wrong to me.

However, everyone play the game the way they want. I am not harmed that a lot of people are 110 when I'm like 105, not at this point of the game at least.

As long as the people who rush big parts of the game (face it, quests and leveling IS a big part, even if most people like other things more) don't start complaining that there isn't enough things to do, it is fine that some people rush it.

Having said all that, the exp should have been nerfed A LOT. I level slow but will still be 110 too early for my personal preferences.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    (finally hit 110, realm first Rogue... not that there's an achieve any more ) -
    If it matters to you, then that's what matters. Congrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I spend half of my time so far getting lost in A- ..At- Az?
    azsuna*
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    azsuna*
    /10chars
    Much obliged...

Beautiful zone... tiiiill it grilled my GTX780TI.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I have less of an issue with the fact that a lot of people want to get to max-level, but rather the fact that an entire expansions leveling takes one day

It's so fast and over with so quickly I doubt people even feel like they accomplished anything when they hit the next maxlevel...

Such a waste.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And here I'm sad at work cut I can't play :'(
    Only managed to get 102 in 4 hours ç.Ç

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Everyone enjoys the game differently, so you can't judge people on "why you hit 110 in less than a day!" Perhaps that's how they enjoy the game? Or maybe they don't care about the content, they want the achievement? Anyways, if I was in your shoes I would not worry about something like this. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If it matters to you, then that's what matters. Congrats!
    I actually didn't plan it at all, I was just levelling with a friend - the usual be ahead of the curve levelling to get to cap ASAP... and we just happened to be faster than the rest. He got realm first Mage, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Not only have a lot of people spent thousands and thousands of hours preparing the leveling content, with quests etc, and those hours have resulted in good content. To rush it feels wrong to me.
    You have a point there. Yes they put in a lot of effort to create that stuff. But in the end all the content is supposed to bring people fun. And if the people have fun with rushing it i don't see a problem in that. There are more than enough players out there taking their time and all. So i don't have a bad feeling rushing. I have more than enough time with my twinks to admire each and every corner of the lvling content.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people enjoy the race to 110. I used to love it, but now, I love the story more and am taking it slowly, reading everything.

It also probably didn't help that multiple sites were having competitions, like whoever was first to hit 110 would win computer parts or other things.

Deleted
    what a pointless thread, you go take your screenshots and "take in" the pixels, leave others alone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    These people will smell the roses on alts, this time it was for racing only.

After 5 hours, im still lvl 100, fishing...
    Racing? There is no racing, who are they racing against? it's just rushing.

Rushing through content for epeen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octavane View Post
    Some people enjoy the race to 110. I used to love it, but now, I love the story more and am taking it slowly, reading everything.

It also probably didn't help that multiple sites were having competitions, like whoever was first to hit 110 would win computer parts or other things.
    There is no race, it's just rushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Content starts at 110.
    So, quests aren't content then?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post

It's a race if there is a prize...which there was on multiple sites for the 1st lvl 110, 5 runner up prizes as well. After that is done, and people know, then yes it's just rushing.

And for the guild I'm in, they have a bet going on with 500k gold to the first person that hits 110, with 2nd place getting 200k, and 3rd getting 50k. So there are races and then there are people just rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

However, everyone play the game the way they want. I am not harmed that a lot of people are 110 when I'm like 105, not at this point of the game at least.

As long as the people who rush big parts of the game (face it, quests and leveling IS a big part, even if most people like other things more) don't start complaining that there isn't enough things to do, it is fine that some people rush it.

Having said all that, the exp should have been nerfed A LOT. I level slow but will still be 110 too early for my personal preferences.
    That's cool and you're allowed to feel how you want, but don't actually shame someone for leveling fast. That's where you are the asshole. What other people do is literally 0% up to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    So, quests aren't content then?
    Not really. More of a means to an end tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Racing? There is no racing, who are they racing against? it's just rushing.

Rushing through content for epeen.

- - - Updated - - -

Rushing to get to relevant actually fun content. I don't know what's so confusing about people wanting to get to the actual enjoyable part. How the fuck does that bother or confuse you? Jesus christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    6.5 hours later and I'm still 102 and a half, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if I am doing anything wrong at all?

I started in Highmountain. Still in Highmountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Seriously, what is wrong with people? I get it...play how you want and if you enjoy it that's...fine, I guess. But...what? Legion has been out for less than a day and already people are 110. No wonder people complain about lack of content when they rush through everything. I just can't get into the mindset of someone that does this.

People wait so long for expacs just to rush to the end and get grinding gear. Slow down. Take some screenshots.
    I see that you have been playing this game for a good minute. Are you baiting?

If not, then for someone that has been around for as long as you have... it should be easily apparent why some folks in our hobby need to get to max level quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, it takes 10 hours for the average player without beta experience with enough time to watch the scenery and cutscenes to reach 110, and there are some powerguides that claim they do it in less than 6 hours.

Since the xpack is out for over 10 hours now, it's not so surprising that more and more players reach 110, and they did not rush anything.
    I guess I'm not an average player. I went from 3AM to 11AM and only 104.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealslayer View Post
    6.5 hours later and I'm still 102 and a half, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if I am doing anything wrong at all?

I started in Highmountain. Still in Highmountain.
    I'm in the same boat. Although little further ahead than you. It blows my mind that people already 110.. Here I thought I was going at a decent speed. lol