Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Smoothest Launch in WoW History (NA)

Smoothest Launch in WoW History (NA)

Hats off to blizzard for making this the most Smoothest Launch in WoW History!

No que times for me (i got toons on stormrage and thrall) iam also rocking at 37 MS so no lag.

Blizz surely has learnt there lessons and i applaud them whole heartedly!

I just hope i haven't spoken too soon!

I logged into stormrage 20 minutes before launch WITH NO QUEUE and got the quest 10 minutes before midnight. No bugs, no lag, quests are doable, content is AMAZING. Honestly Legion might take wotk's spot as best expac. We'll see in the weeks to come.

I just woke up expecting a queue but none on Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    I logged into stormrage 20 minutes before launch WITH NO QUEUE and got the quest 10 minutes before midnight. No bugs, no lag, quests are doable, content is AMAZING. Honestly Legion might take wotk's spot as best expac. We'll see in the weeks to come.
    Its been a great night for us and blizz.

Iam glad it has gone as smoothly i just hope it will last!

Blizzard has done a great job and we must applaud them

Deleted
    I'm so fucking impressed. If this is a preview of what's to come in Legion, then I will be very pleased! No lag, no connection issues and just pure awesome leveling!

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this an indication of your servers actually are low populated?

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    No i have been on stormrage and thrall and both are running as smoothly as they was days ago. PLUS NO QUE TIMES!

Stormrage is one of the larger servers, populated almost entirely by alliance.

No. It means they actually lived up to their word and expanded the servers capacity and updated a bunch of their tech.

Best launch I've ever had. I play on stormrage US and there were so many people sitting in dal just waiting I honestly thought it was going to crash, but nope. Not once. No lag, no nothing. Just smooth leveling. Absolutely amazing.

Deleted
    I want to thanks devs for thier hard work. This was amazing and is going to be amazing.

Bye haters, this is the best thing you have missed ever(yes, ever since alpha-vanilla). I hope you don't return and toxicaty something this exordinary(no, launch in the history can match this).

I'm sure that helps, but the fact that the authentication servers haven't caught fire is a good sign.

Getting artifacts on all 12 characters to start, haven't actually hit the full isles yet, but I'm completely unimpeded.

Deleted
    You know why? Because nobody's playing this crap anymore.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-30 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    I played on ragnaros EU and the only indication of launch was the xp bar showing up at 11.50 (it launcher 10 min early)
    No lag
    No queues
    Got killed 10 times on MM artifact quest because I was zones in ravencrest (ally server)
    But besides that: great!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    You know why? Because nobody's playing this crap anymore.
    Actually it's because they split the players over multiple starting zones and garrisons instead of bottle necking them all through one, plus they changed the way their servers work to a shard based one which can dynamically split/combine CRZs based on load.

I think we have the new shard technology to thank for that. Unfortunately in the long run it'll hurt server identity just as much as CRZ have.
    I think the best solution would be to only use CRZ and shards when areas get overpopulated, not underpopulated. That way most of the time you'll only encounter players from your own server. They should also prioritize players from the same server being put together at maximum load. It's weird if I login when the server is low and after a few hours of play it becomes full or locked but I keep encountring players from other servers. At that point my initial shard or CRZ or whatever should've been filler up with players from my own server.

I had a lot of trouble at the start. Mainly the first quest. Trying to get to dalaran would put me on an infinite loading screen, then I'd fall to my death in deadwind pass after a minute instead of being on the broken isles. Dalaran above kara disappears too, so I had to go in and out of deadwind to re-phase dalaran. Happened several times and to a few of my friends as well. Aside from the first 20min being annoying and buggy, everything else went smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    No i have been on stormrage and thrall and both are running as smoothly as they was days ago. PLUS NO QUE TIMES!
    Without a doubt the smoothest launch ever...

But, to balance it with my negative bullshit... it also most likely has WAY less people participating than any expansion launch ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Without a doubt the smoothest launch ever...

But, to balance it with my negative bullshit... it also most likely has WAY less people participating than any expansion launch ever.
    proves? /10cc

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, like half the people are playing as usual. But yeah it's even smoother than I expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    proves? /10cc
    It's called "Blizzard lost half of their subs in less than a year, and then there was a massive content drought that continued for several months after that." - Do you honestly think that every single one of those subs, or even close to it, came back? Almost impossible.

Yeah, it's been working really great here as well.

Well done Blizzard.