Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just play normally and responsibly like a stable respectable worthwhile human being..

#1 most important thing.

SET TIME LIMITS. And stick to them.

Only allow yourself to play on xyz days and xyz hours per day or between xyz hours. This will be the easiest way to control it. You get to fulfill the craving, give yourself something to look forward to, and you can better plan your time.

#2. Do not be unrealistic with above time. Do not set yourself to only play during raid time of a guild because we all know that will not fulfill your "needs." You will have to play outside of raid times for consumables and such.

do it and fuck everything like an adult. adults dont gives a shit about anything.

Deleted
    Don't raid, thats all. I'm veteran player and play this game only to talk with other geeks . Just play for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grow up and exert some self control. Set an alarm for an hour a day or something and never go more than 15 minutes after it goes off.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by alphahunter View Post
    i didnt play wow for 1 1/2 years and my life got better since, but the urge is huge in me right now.
    how do i play wow casual... i never managed to do that, started casual ended hardcore.

FUCK.
    people please give me good advice, i'm about to install the game and i really dont have a good feeling about it
    wait a few months to purchase to see if it's actually worth the purchase.

Deleted
    i didnt play wow for 1 1/2 years and my life got better since, but the urge is huge in me right now.
    how do i play wow casual... i never managed to do that, started casual ended hardcore.

FUCK.
    people please give me good advice, i'm about to install the game and i really dont have a good feeling about it
    I didn't play for half a year, my friends picked it up again, but I'm not caving in. In the end it's the same game you quit, inherently it cannot change.

I don't feel tempted either, no matter how good Legion is. I quit because I can't invest hourS/day in this game anymore, and I can't play this game if I'm not raiding. So that's that.

Deleted

FUCK.
    stop acting like WoW is crack, itz a game.

y do something u feel bad about? y bother at all? cuz u dont like ur life, wow always was a compensation 2 u, that didnt make u happy longterm?

if dont like ur life: change it.
    after u reached ur RL-goals (those u want, not everybody expects u to want), wow will have another, in ur state of mind UNIMAGINABLE quality, like everything, cuz happy... get happy.
    and dont try to convince urself via using me as a target for ur projection - if u would be happy, than u wouldnt have a problem with wow, cuz u have proven urself, that u r in control of ur life, hm?

What do you mean your life has been better since, op? Can you give an example?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I didn't play for half a year, my friends picked it up again, but I'm not caving in. In the end it's the same game you quit, inherently it cannot change.

I don't feel tempted either, no matter how good Legion is. I quit because I can't invest hourS/day in this game anymore, and I can't play this game if I'm not raiding. So that's that.
    time management?
    u lie to urself with those banal cliches, like " yeah, dude life is inherently all the same", u remind me of those pseudo-mysognists, that pretend to hate women, because they cant man up on to even try. the same goes for ex-users.
    ofc u feel tempted to play, y else would u be lingering around these forums like a starved dog, waiting 4 his "daily shot"?

no, u r just a coward. and 4 some cowardice is more reasonable than bravery.

i honestly wish u best of luck with ur life, but stop lying to urself, it just dont help.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    You cannot play the game anything but casually anymore. There is no hardcore gameplay.
    This exactly. You won't have the same feelings of addiction you did back in the day. Its been redesigned from the ground up to discourage you from playing much.

In wod the game played itself for you while you weren't even logged in. Legion won't be as extreme but the casual nature is as strong as ever. Give it a try. You won't get hooked again. Its a pick up and play throw away game now.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Just play normally and responsibly like a stable respectable worthwhile human being..
    im glad your not implying anything related to me right there... few people are stil toxic as fuck, some things never change

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    What do you mean your life has been better since, op? Can you give an example?
    well, if you're not playing wow 3-12 hours a day you have more time for stuff like family, friends, lifting and so on
    during my studies i actually were playing way to much, its not crack, but i were addicted for sure...

nevertheless, i bought the game... i stil like the game, but after setting up my addons i decided its time to quit xD

FUCK.
    By now you've already installed played for about 3 hours and realized it was a mistake, turned around and uninstalled it already I was just there too. Like loosing your dog and every time you hear a noise outside the window you run to it, searching, hoping he came home. But he doesn't, the noise you heard was just your neighbors dog leaving a big ol' crap in your yard!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

...and don't forget to be on forums telling everyone how you really, really quit for good. And this time for really real...
    I'll check back in when I get my 1 year token! =D

Not trying to insult you or anything but if you are worried about it enough to post, then maybe you should just stay unsubbed. It sounds like you're approaching it the way a recovering alcoholic might debate going to a bar.

But...Legion is pretty good so far. Then again, WoD was good at first too. My biggest complaint with WoW right now is impossible to address at launch. Long content droughts are the only thing I really have a problem with and we obviously don't know how that's going to go. I'd say give it a shot if it's not going to ruin your life lol.

i know this feels.. i last played ' non casually' in wotlk

none of the post expansions hooked me in but so far i am feeling hooked! but in the 7 years since wotlk i am much more mature and i can make sure i get any chores/real life things done before i hop on and play! just do the same, get rl shit done then play !

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone said it earlier, but raid when you want, not when others want. Yeah, finding a guild with optional raid spots is hard, and you won't be raiding mythics, but at least you'll see the content.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    time management?
    u lie to urself with those banal cliches, like " yeah, dude life is inherently all the same", u remind me of those pseudo-mysognists, that pretend to hate women, because they cant man up on to even try. the same goes for ex-users.
    ofc u feel tempted to play, y else would u be lingering around these forums like a starved dog, waiting 4 his "daily shot"?

no, u r just a coward. and 4 some cowardice is more reasonable than bravery.

i honestly wish u best of luck with ur life, but stop lying to urself, it just dont help.
    Sounds like an addict talking.

Time management doesn't do anything to the time dependencies of organized raiding. Like I said: if I can't raid at a decent level, I don't enjoy the game, and you cannot raid at a decent level with a 1h/night investment or playing at your own convenience. That's simply not how it works and that's totally fine. It simply means that the way I want to play this game is no longer the way I can play this game, and that's where it ends so you move on.

The reason I linger on these forums? To discuss other things not related to WoW. There's plenty of nice discussions in the General OT and the Video Games discussions boards. MMO Champion isn't solely about WoW. It's a community site with a strong focus on World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games, but there's more than enough going on without being interested in either of those.

The lack of decency in your poorly constructed retort doesn't even offend me one bit. It's like a crack addict lecturing someone on self-control. Like a wayward child preaching about maturity and respect. Like a degenerate putting some letters and numbers together while pretending it's a coherent and appropriate reply.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-08-31 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Sounds like an addict talking.

Time management doesn't do anything to the time dependencies of organized raiding. Like I said: if I can't raid at a decent level, I don't enjoy the game, and you cannot raid at a decent level with a 1h/night investment or playing at your own convenience. That's simply not how it works and that's totally fine. It simply means that the way I want to play this game is no longer the way I can play this game, and that's where it ends so you move on.

The reason I linger on these forums? To discuss other things not related to WoW. There's plenty of nice discussions in the General OT and the Video Games discussions boards. MMO Champion isn't solely about WoW. It's a community site with a strong focus on World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games, but there's more than enough going on without being interested in either of those.

The lack of decency in your poorly constructed retort doesn't even offend me one bit. It's like a crack addict lecturing someone on self-control. Like a wayward child preaching about maturity and respect. Like a degenerate putting some letters and numbers together while pretending it's a coherent and appropriate reply.
    ur excuses r pathetic. i hit the sweet spot, hm? like ur "decency"-rage proves, it offended u (which wasnt my intention btw). calling others degenrate aint decent at all. i wished u the best of luck and i still do.
    u know y u dont flame flamers? its a question of integrity, which u lack completely, u r like said child, which received embargo on his favorite toy due to misbehavior.
    and btw - y do rage vs someone, who was trying to give u a hint the hard way? cuz softball doesnt work 4 junks like u.
    ihave said time-management, that allows me to progress pvp and pve with just 10h weekly. if needed i do invest full-time, and still keep my appartment sterile, my hardbody pumped 24/7 and my gals happy.

/edit: u want to game so bad, it rlly hurts.
    ur addiction will succumb u over and over again (remember that meme?), cuz its just a symptom for a deeper issue.

again: u have my best wishes to therapy ur issue, that one day u ll be able to enjoy a game not as a life-prosthesis, but as a game. itz a different game then, u know, fun.
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2016-09-01 at 09:30 PM.