Have they plans to make male models which are not fugly ?

Haven't played SWTOR for quite some times, but I'm a bit bored and I've ton of content I've never touched there, so I'm wondering...

For all the controversial changes and decisions in SWTOR, I have to say that what irks me the most in the game (and the main reason I haven't finished most of the classes) is the atrocious male models. As much as the female ones look decent, the male ones have completely fucked up proportions. I've tried time and again, but they look so wrong I can't manage to endure anything but the third body type (which is itself pretty extreme, can only fit a very restricted archetype, and is barely tolerable only because the defects are less visible, but still present).

After all these years, do they have plan for some graphical overhaul of the PC models (and so can I expect, in the foreseeable future, to have watchable male ?), or are they still their head in their asses and intent to keep the botched-up garbage there is for now ?

But why male models?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Steve View Post
    But why male models?
    Because :
    As much as the female ones look decent, the male ones have completely fucked up proportions.
    ?

No, all the body types are still the same. The only thing that's changed is they've added some new races, so new heads.

Yeah, for now they are all the same. I was wondering about future plans - I saw people complaining that "old" models looked crap compared to the new NPC in the latest expansion, so I was wondering if Bioware was planning to update the assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, for now they are all the same. I was wondering about future plans - I saw people complaining that "old" models looked crap compared to the new NPC in the latest expansion, so I was wondering if Bioware was planning to update the assets.
    Yeah, there are a host of new NPC's with much better faces and much more detailed armor models that clash with the more play-doh-y player models/armor. But sadly I doubt if anything will really be done to improve player models much.

So still stuck with weird super-short chest and super-long legs and narrow waist and shoulders which make your supposed athletic guy looks like a somewhat deformed mutant girl ?
    Great...

10+ Year Old Account
    So still stuck with weird super-short chest and super-long legs and narrow waist and shoulders which make your supposed athletic guy looks like a somewhat deformed mutant girl ?
    Great...
    I'm trying to see what you are and I just can't. The male character models look just fine, you must be extremely scrupulous to not only see these 'huge' flaws but also be this disgruntled by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I'm trying to see what you are and I just can't. The male character models look just fine, you must be extremely scrupulous to not only see these 'huge' flaws but also be this disgruntled by them.
    Seriously ? 0_o
    Their proportions are completely weird (closer to female than to male, I suppose they were lazy and just applied the same to both sexes, though even for females it's bogus), and the torso is whacky. The male models certainly DO NOT look fine at all. If anything, what's mind-boggling is that there is not many more people who are annoyed by it.

In fact someone posted such things several years ago already :

And if we're going to compare some "athletic" armored builds (what's the type 2 is supposed to be), let's see a comparison :

I just can't grasp that people aren't shocked by these bogus proportions (to say nothing of the huge protuding chest, which is grade A difformity).

I just can't grasp that people aren't shocked by these bogus proportions (to say nothing of the huge protuding chest, which is grade A difformity).
    Because it's a game that uses a stylized art style over realism, so proportions being off isn't terribly surprising. Subjective tastes, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it's a game that uses a stylized art style over realism, so proportions being off isn't terribly surprising. Subjective tastes, and all that.
    I don't find the art particularly stylized. Except for this exact issue (male models with fucked up proportions), the style is actually rather realistic. Also, I don't really see what is stylized about weird proportions making characters look like heads on sticks - I can understand the argument about how muscular the type 3 is, but I don't see where "bogus female-like proportions for athletic male" is related to stylization.

female models have the same stylized proportions. I'm guessing its not bothering you, because you are used to those from other media. the truth is... in real life women have the same proportions as males when it comes to torso/leg length.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, all the body types are still the same. The only thing that's changed is they've added some new races, so new heads.
    ...for which they use the existing facial features (which, for males, are all fucked up) and simply just add some different tentacles/horns to the top.

Body types are pretty screwed as well. While female type 2 body manages to be pretty much the ideal build in all possible aspects *cough*, male 1 and 2 bodies are just too thin sideways. Even men have some hips, you know.

Also, give me a tattooless Zabrak/Miraluka face option.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-09-15 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I'm with you...I don't really get it either...other than not understanding how BT 4 can exist with all the running a character does

The only model that seems off and I don't know why...I just can't put my finger on it is Female BT 3...just something off about it and I don't really care for it.