Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarisus View Post
    Fair enough. It still seems a little lame that she's an undead elf but has super strength. Like how or why would a ranger ever be/need to be that strong?
    Its not because that she is an elf, is because she is undead

Do people forget what Sylvanas really is? She is a fucking Banshee! She is a Banshee in a Elf suit and nothing more.

She has seen that when she dies its oblivion for her just like Arthas and you cant blame her for wanting to survive her and her forsaken (DAMNED) peoples fate.

She isnt evil she doesnt want to conquer she just wants to survive and to forstall her final judgement.

I played WC3 and i suggest everyone should there you would see her as a Ranger-General who didnt deserve her fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Do people forget what Sylvanas really is? She is a fucking Banshee! She is a Banshee in a Elf suit and nothing more.

She has seen that when she dies its oblivion for her just like Arthas and you cant blame her for wanting to survive her and her forsaken (DAMNED) peoples fate.

She isnt evil she doesnt want to conquer she just wants to survive and to forstall her final judgement.

I played WC3 and i suggest everyone should there you would see her as a Ranger-General who didnt deserve her fate.
    Sylvanus tried to enslave a sentient being(Eyir, who is also an undead). Slavery is evil or do you think making someone a slave against their will is Ok? Sylvanus showed no remorse at all, she showed her true colors when she claimed the Val'kyr belong to her.

- - - Updated - - -

So she has the physical strength of the king of worgens the the speed and agility of a ranger and the crazy magical abilities of a banshee. And people always complained about med'an being op
    Nah, she is actually pretty easy to kill. She is an undead, so most of her senses are dulled, making it easier to sneak up on her. She got her brains blown out of her head with a single bullet infused with some magic. Even retarded troggs can use magic. Magic items(including bullets) are easily found in the WoW universe. The hardest part would be to get the surprise attack on her, but her dulled senses would make it easier.

Fair enough. It still seems a little lame that she's an undead elf but has super strength. Like how or why would a ranger ever be/need to be that strong?
    Because strength is number one trait required to use a bow properly, Elves are already strong and those changed by the Scourge often killed their loved ones first. With their bare hands. Undeath isn't really a strength downgrade in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The hardest part would be to get the surprise attack on her, but her dulled senses would make it easier.
    Still desperately clinging to that as a reason she could be snuck up on. Lol. You would maybe have an argument if Sylvanas failed to dodge Greymane. But even when he did finally hit her, all she did was get ragdolled with no actual damage. As for the bullets, no character would survive that, speaking of cursed, its a miracle Genn survived a black arrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because strength is number one trait required to use a bow properly, Elves are already strong and those changed by the Scourge often killed their loved ones first. With their bare hands. Undeath isn't really a strength downgrade in WoW.
    Theres unholy strength and other abilities. Weakness isnt the first thing you should think of when you think of a random undead character for sure.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-09-30 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Still desperately clinging to that as a reason she could be snuck up on. Lol. You would maybe have an argument if Sylvanas failed to dodge Greymane. But even when he did finally hit her, all she did was get ragdolled with no actual damage. As for the bullets, no character would survive that, speaking of cursed, its a miracle Genn survived a black arrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres unholy strength and other abilities. Weakness isnt the first thing you should think of when you think of a random undead character for sure.
    Watch the cinematic again Sylvanus fanboy. Greymane was literally talking to Sylvanus right before his "sneak attack" and Sylvanus was still facing the opposite direction. The only reason she dodged him at the last second was because he decided to give away his location by speaking right before he attacked. If he had brought a gun, Sylanus would be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Watch the cinematic again Sylvanus fanboy. Greymane was literally talking to Sylvanus right before his "sneak attack" and Sylvanus was still facing the opposite direction. The only reason she dodged him at the last second was because he decided to give away his location by speaking right before he attacked. If he had brought a gun, Sylanus would be dead.
    If Greymane had been smart smart yeah, but he and sylvanas behaved utterly stupid, especially Greymane, he had the perfect chance, but the fool just had to ramble and was not immediately going for the kill and Sylvanas just let him walk away after she had him after their little engagement.

Both of these fools messed up because they had to gloat, but at the end of day they are the same kind of idiot in this situation.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    "When she had her near fully attention on Eyir Sylvanas almost didn't notice Greymane!" what a wonderful argument there.

If you are trying to bring in Ifs and buts to the discussion, Sylvanas could have shot him while he limped away and easily kill him, or shot him in the heart instead of the shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    "When she had her near fully attention on Eyir Sylvanas almost didn't notice Greymane!" what a wonderful argument there.
    It's almost like he snuck up on her or something. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I doubt Greymane was thinking about a gun, since that failed to completely kill her the last it was used (and I assume Genn is unaware of Sylvanas' limited ability to resurrect). If he was aware of her goals, and I assume he was at least in part, it also makes better sense to completely scuttle her plans for the Val'kyr and the Forsaken as a whole. I would say Genn did the thing according to his principles - personal and more direct vengeance can be had later on the field of battle, for now he's content in the knowledge that Sylvanas' greater plans are foiled.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt Greymane was thinking about a gun, since that failed to completely kill her the last it was used (and I assume Genn is unaware of Sylvanas' limited ability to resurrect). If he was aware of her goals, and I assume he was at least in part, it also makes better sense to completely scuttle her plans for the Val'kyr and the Forsaken as a whole. I would say Genn did the thing according to his principles - personal and more direct vengeance can be had later on the field of battle, for now he's content in the knowledge that Sylvanas' greater plans are foiled.
    He gloated like a fool, it is quite similar to the situation with Sylvanas having Arthas at her mercy, just finish the job. But nope lets try to get our sweet revenge.

Genn decides to try to scare her and then makes a flashy entrance to show her who is boss, he could have killed her and then destroyed the lamp for good measure, he had the upper hand so long Sylvanas wasn't aware of his presence, but the moment they were facing off directly she got the upper hand. To be honest he got lucky that he did not die from the arrow, if she had immediately drawn a second arrow and fired at him from the ledge instead of gloating he would be dead now and she still would have had the lamp. But luckily Sylvanas is just as arrogant and was gloating as usual.

He should always carry a gun since blizzard themselves gave him one in HoTS.

That would imply Genn really thinks important things through, but he has a track record of letting his emotions get in the way clouding his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He gloated like a fool, it is quite similar to the situation with Sylvanas having Arthas at her mercy, just finish the job. But nope lets try to get our sweet revenge.

Genn decides to try to scare her and then makes a flashy entrance to show her who is boss, he could have killed her and then destroyed the lamp for good measure, he had the upper hand so long Sylvanas wasn't aware of his presence, but the moment they were facing off directly she got the upper hand. To be honest he got lucky that he did not die from the arrow, if she had immediately drawn a second arrow and fired at him from the ledge instead of gloating he would be dead now and she still would have had the lamp. But luckily Sylvanas is just as arrogant and was gloating as usual.
    Both of them cant kill each and other because that will iniciate another faction war, the horde hating the new warchieft and Anduin punishment Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Both of them cant kill each and other because that will iniciate another faction war, the horde hating the new warchieft and Anduin punishment Greymane
    The Alliance tried to kill Sylvanas for most of the zone, so why should Greymane back down in the very moment he actually has a chance? I know blizz wants to tell the story that way, but both of them just looked like utter fools to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

He didn't seem to have anything, including clothes, during his encounter with Sylvanas. I assumed something happened beforehand that caused him to just have fang and claw, but I haven't played through the Alliance counterpart of the Stormheim content.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He didn't seem to have anything, including clothes, during his encounter with Sylvanas. I assumed something happened beforehand that caused him to just have fang and claw, but I haven't played through the Alliance counterpart of the Stormheim content.
    Well now that you mention it, the horde blows up a ship, while he is on it. So maybe he had to drop everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Law of Dramatic Tension, I would wager. Thinking rationally or in "real world" terms either Sylvanas or Genn could have long-ago killed their rival in a variety of ways, but that would end their story arcs in an unfulfilling manner. That being said, I don't think Sylvanas considers Genn a legitimate threat (or at least not in the same way Genn views her) - whether or not this proves to be her ultimate undoing remains to be seen. Genn, for his part, is understandably blinded by rage and hatred and not thinking clearly at all. In a dark reversal of Sylvanas vs. the Lich King he allows this to undo his greater plans much in the way Sylvanas was prone to in previous stories. He may not want to kill Sylvanas as much as he wants her to hurt, to claw out whatever it is that he feels passes for her "heart."

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    If Greymane had been smart smart yeah, but he and sylvanas behaved utterly stupid, especially Greymane, he had the perfect chance, but the fool just had to ramble and was not immediately going for the kill and Sylvanas just let him walk away after she had him after their little engagement.
    My impression is that Genn didn't actually desire to kill Sylvanas, he effectively wanted to steal the Soul Cage and "punish" Sylvanas in that way.

Still easier to justify than Sylvanas leaving Greymane alone after he slowly walks away from the chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    My impression is that Genn didn't actually desire to kill Sylvanas, he effectively wanted to steal the Soul Cage and "punish" Sylvanas in that way.

Still easier to justify than Sylvanas leaving Greymane alone after he slowly walks away from the chamber.
    Leaving her with another chance to find a different source for immortality, Sylvanas has all the time in the world after all, Greymane should be well aware of that. True he makes a great speech about how he stole her future, but ultimately he hasn't, he merely put an obstacle in her path.

Heck he should better hope sylvanas does not get too chummy with Darkspear witch doctors, striking a deal with bwonsamdi as a result, getting a decent afterlife. She is now in a position to send him plenty of souls after all.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-09-30 at 05:06 PM.