People who wait to talk to you til you put your headphones on.

So gotta say it's annoying when you're sitting at work for 2 hours and people don't talk to you the whole time. Then as soon as you put your headphones on to listen to music that's when they start talking to you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it job related? Then take your headphones off.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Is it job related? Then take your headphones off.
    We're allowed to listen to our headphones at my job.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

This is a first world problem if I ever saw one.

You have made the mistake of letting people know you are interesting or interested in conversing. Be the most boring person ever and never give more than short 1-2 word answers. After a week of that, no one will ever talk to you again.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that if you just ignore them long enough they'll eventually go away. Meanwhile, I weep for humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work with a guy that will stop you just to tell you something that has nothing to do with anything and thinks that you care. I mean you'll have something in your hand walking to what you're about to work on and boom he's 6" away from your face, in front of you, cutting you off, with something to tell you. You could not be making eye contact, you could even be walking away from him and he'll do it. He also likes to stand about 6" behind you when you're reading something......

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I work with a guy that will stop you just to tell you something that has nothing to do with anything and thinks that you care. I mean you'll have something in your hand walking to what you're about to work on and boom he's 6" away from your face, in front of you, cutting you off, with something to tell you. You could not be making eye contact, you could even be walking away from him and he'll do it. He also likes to stand about 6" behind you when you're reading something......
    yeah that's an issue sometimes too. Some of my instructors know that I work in the ITS department at my university so they often want me to fix problems on classroom computers. So now I try not to advertise where I work.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So gotta say it's annoying when you're sitting at work for 2 hours and people don't talk to you the whole time. Then as soon as you put your headphones on to listen to music that's when they start talking to you.
    Do you think they wait till you put them on? Or do you have them on most of the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    My parents always need a favor right when I begin or am in the zone while doing my work (either for school or my actual work).... I have to take so much home

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's funny you would say that because I often can't think of a good topic for conversation unless the other person is already doing something...

Now if I saw someone with headphones on, I would probably be curious about what they're listening to.