Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    so Ret is going to be graet because Savix said so.
    Okaaaaaay.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking forward to thousands of millions of billions of Retridins invited to RBG comps due to Savix saying "Ret is Great".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I've been told our AoE is graet, and that we have very goodestest Utility, namely offheals, support buffs and Hands of Blessings.
    Remember when you said off heals and blessings weren't utility, because I do.

Posted to discord instead.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2016-09-02 at 03:10 PM.

This is what you call WoTLK syndrome. High burst in PvP, low sustained in PvE.

Damage is damage. A single ability can do massive damage ... does that mean a class/spec is "fine" if they have one button to push?

Ret is pretty close to that -- it's dull as dishwater to play. BM is the same way. Ret doesn't look good or feel great, especially when put up against specs like Fury or anything DH.

I was told Ret has graet AoE and I looked down into spellbook to find some stronger AoE moves but all I found was Divine Storm which didn't hit that hard?
    Please explain

I was told Ret has graet AoE and I looked down into spellbook to find some stronger AoE moves but all I found was Divine Storm which didn't hit that hard?
    Please explain
    Don't have a shit artifact and shit ilvl and Divine Storm hits hard as fuck with Wake of Ashes providing burst AoE every 30 seconds. Pve of course. If you want more AoE in pvp, the solution is to go to the official forums and ask for more versatility on your template. Enough versatility can kill anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Don't have a shit artifact and shit ilvl and Divine Storm hits hard as fuck
    define "hard as fuck" please.

Wake of Ashes providing burst AoE every 30 seconds
    So I can AoE on-demand once in 30 seconds with my Artifact?
    Seems pretty balanced to me.

You remind me of that guy who sat on the No Man's Sky thread for weeks posting something shitty to every single comment without contributing anything
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myspeld View Post
    Remember when you said off heals and blessings weren't utility, because I do.
    Off heals and blessings? You mean the things Ret used to have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    You remind me of that guy who sat on the No Man's Sky thread for weeks posting something shitty to every single comment without contributing anything
    Please don't be so rude.
    I don't remember insulting you so would you please cut with such an attitude right this instant.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Off heals and blessings? You mean the things Ret used to have?
    I think he missed the part where I was ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Zenislav View Post
    Wow its impossible that people are this stupid! What today someone cant figure out sarcasm unless you use made up and retarded word like kappa? And its not like Storm is trying to hide being sarcastic.

Anyways even if by some miracle our dmg is very good at 110 and full artifact I am planing on unsubscribing from wow. Dont want to waste time playing other class and prot / ret gameplay is so boring that i think I am experiencing physical pain when playing them.
    Oh no, please no!!! Don't unsubscribe! What ever will we do without you!?

About 60% of a TV. So if your TV does 1mil your DS should do about 600k per target.

And you seem to misunderstand. DS is your on demand AoE. Wake of Ashes is your AoE rape button.

About 60% of a TV. So if your TV does 1mil your DS should do about 600k per target.
    but what if Judgement Stance:Smash of Colossal Arms Mastery isn't applied to all targets?
    How do I apply it anyway?

And you seem to misunderstand. DS is your on demand AoE.
    I thought on-demand AoE were the likes of Whirlwind, Volley, Rain of Fire, Hammer of Righteous and the like.

Wake of Ashes is your AoE rape button.
    Kind of Durid Brutal Slash?

but what if Judgement Stance:Smash of Colossal Arms Mastery isn't applied to all targets?

I thought on-demand AoE were the likes of Whirlwind, Volley, Rain of Fire, Hammer of Righteous and the like.

Have less mastery and just ignore judgment.

All those AoEs suck dick compared to DS, and no one uses HotR. If you don't suck DS will be up whenever you need it. If you're talking about AoEs with 100% uptime, Divine Hammer has 100% uptime.

I don't know druid that well, all I know is Wake of Ashes is on the higher end for AoE burst but not the absolute best.

Have less mastery and just ignore judgment.
    but isn't judgement supposed to buff our finishers by, like a lot?
    Isn't Judgement supposed to be our corner stone of Ret gameplay this expansion?

All those AoEs suck dick compared to DS, and no one uses HotR. If you don't suck DS will be up whenever you need it. If you're talking about AoEs with 100% uptime, Divine Hammer has 100% uptime.
    I'm fairly certain I did use HotR quite a lot.
    That is, while we still had it.

So Whirlwind sucks dicks compared to Divine Storm, gotta remember that.

But Divine Hammer... it does slow down the HoPo generation, does it not? Therefore it slows down casting Diviner Storms, isn't it?

I don't know druid that well, all I know is Wake of Ashes is on the higher end for AoE burst but not the absolute best.
    If fully talented maybe?

Wow, I have so much to learn about Retributions yet.

Haha this had me rolling. It's funny you say that because the judgement game play is exactly like colossal smash game play

You need to chill, they're saving the Ret buffs for next expansion. Relax.

Deleted
    Well all i know is that as per release am getting raped in meters in dungeons. Got short route going with all its shortcomings to be able to join mythic pugs since it appears u can find good players on mains these early days of every expansion and i couldnt afford having to mingle with lfr dragonslaying heroes later on. In dungeons am entering with 1-2-3-1-1-2-1 with a 815 ilvl artfact and heirloom - str/versa trinkets. Am sitting on 21% haste rest are kinda equally distributed. I am talkin about hybrid comparion since rest dps classes got speccs that excel in certain situations and cannot understand their performance in hectic fights although i guess each specc has a dungeon friendly setup. Atm i lag on trash packs by like 10% unless blinding light and A2A and some lucky DP proccs align (total eclipse) and around 15%-20% on boss fights that more or less are ST with some bits of movement.
    I may be a total scrub but i cannot see why a paly has to be an expert to be competitive with the rest average skilled players. Anyways hopefully some proper sims come up with set ups for dungeons and ST situations to understand optimal talent set ups and stats . Seems to me u have to do much more homework and change talents throughout an instance to be truly competitive.

The main problem I see, is they need to make judgement give YOU a buff not the MOB getting a debuff that is the biggest problem; in fights adds come and its either switch and not have judgement on the ADD for the next X seconds or not do my job and pad meters by staying on my debuffed target.. Or even worse running some pugs and the tank was bad so the mobs would all be split up some staying at range some in melee and judgement only able to hit half of the adds were fighting we start falling behind; I have to use judgement ability maximized on as many targets as possible and as much up time just to even be slightly competitive with other DPS.

Oh and our flash of light is really weak - don't even see the point cant keep anyone up with it or yourself for that matter; most the time it just makes more sense to bubble and try to get 5 holy power and a good justicar vengence hit or die lol