Do I need to be blood specced for "The Maw of the Damned" ?

I4m primarily frost, I have done the frist and unholy scenarios without issues, but when I try this one (Just for completeness sake) I'"m just getting two shot by the felguards. I'm level 103 with 728 ilvl gear. The main issue is, I don't have a weapon to play blood anymore as Apocalypse can only be used with unholy. Should I go and buy a 2H weapon (yes, I threw all the invasion stuff since I didn't expect this) to go blood for this scenario or did I miss something ?

The quarter master in your order hall sells 740 weapons for 100g each, should be enough to get you through.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    The quarter master in your order hall sells 740 weapons for 100g each, should be enough to get you through.
    Cheers, I'll try that.

Edit: worked like a charm. you likely can do unholy/frost with either spec but the blood scenario really requires being in blood spec.
    Last edited by vaestmannaeyjar; 2016-08-31 at 11:06 AM.

It's still doable as UH or Frost, I personally did it with UH, but I did die quite a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it as UH. But those Felguards do some mean damage. So i did die twice going through the scenario. You could switch to clawing shadows, putting chains on them and just using dots and claws to kill them. Pop cds to use apocalypse and festering and you should be fine, as the health of the felguards isn't high.