Not sure why people are waiting for AK knowledge to pop up or anything. But since I am new here, I can't post links but I'll show you guys the full description of both Artifacts Blades of the Fallen Prince and Apocalypse.

Blades of the Fallen Prince:
    Introduction: "Before Icebringer and Frostreaper. there was only Frostmourne. The name alone is enough to chill the hearts of the living. Few weapons have shaped as much of modern history as this one. Frostmourne spilled the blood of kings and destroyed nations. The scars it inflicted on the world remain to this day.
    lcebringer and Frostreaper will always carry this history with them. but they will not follow in Frostmourne's path. They will make their own future. As one legacy ends. so another begins."

Part 1: "The tales of Frostmourne are many. but they all trace back to the Lich King. The Burning Legion molded this spectral entity for one purpose: to spread a plague of undeath across Azeroth. Deep within the trackless wastes of Northrend, the Lich King began this dark task. His influence crept over the world like a shadow and manipulated mortal minds to serve him as agents of undeath.
    The Lich King also possessed otherworldly artifacts to achieve his goal. Among them was the demon-forged runeblade Frostmourne. The weapon could consume the souls of its victims, imprisoning their spirits within the blade. It could also remake the living into mindless undead servants. Yet to harness these extraordinary powers, the Lich King required a mortal vessel to wield Frostmourne.
    In the young human prince Arthas Menethil, he would find such a vessel."

Part 2: "Lordaeron was the first region crippled by the plague of undeath. The affliction claimed entire families and villages as it tore through the human kingdom. The victims found no peace in death. They rose from the grave as mindless undead creatures called the Scourge.
    Prince Arthas Menethil vowed to stop these horrors at any cost. He undertook ever more extreme measures in pursuit of this goal. Eventually. against the wishes of his closest allies. he embarked on a reckless search for the plague's source In Northrend.
    There, fate led him to Frostmourne. Though Arthas knew the runeblade was cursed, he believed he could use its powers for good. He was wrong. Upon taking up Frostmourne, Arthas succumbed to the Lich King's iron will. The prince's sanity unraveled. and the runeblade gorged on his soul.
    He became the first of the Lich King's death knights."

Part 3:"From the journal of Captain Falric. royal guard to Prince Arthas Menethil:
    "There is something unsettling about Frostmourne. Something cold tugs at my heart whenever I am near the weapon. But I cannot deny its power. No one can. Not after this last battle."
    "Arthas led us into the stronghold of that unholy creature called Mal'Ganis. We could barely keep up with the prince. He never seemed to tire. Never seemed afraid. With that strange blade in his hand, he ripped through the undead. Even Mal 'Ganis stood no chance against the prince."
    "A great victory, but I am in no mood to celebrate. Arthas has been acting strange of late. After the battle, he disappeared into the icy wastes. For what reason, I cannot say. I will soon go to find him.""

Part 4: "From chapter three of The Fall of Lordaeron and the Scouring of the Eastweald. written by Royal Historian Archesonus:
    "Prince Arthas returned from Northrend to a hero's welcome. Bells tolled as the people of Lordaeron cheered their beloved prince. No one knew that he had lost his soul to Frostmourne. No one knew that he had slain his own soldiers in Northrend and converted them into undead."
    "In the capital city's throne room, Arthas knelt before his father and liege. King Terenas II. It was to be a reunion of joy, but it ended in tragedy."
    "The prince plunged Frostmourne through his father's heart. The blade drained Terenas's soul, as it would do to many others. With one stroke of the cursed weapon, Arthas destroyed more than a king. He destroyed an entire nation. All of Lordaeron soon fell to the dark prince and his Scourge.""

Part 5:"As Arthas and the Scourge swept over Lordaeron, panic seized the living. Though many humans gave in to despair, some looked to the holy paladins for salvation. Uther the Lightbringer was the greatest of these righteous warriors. If anyone had the power to stop the fallen prince, it was him.
    In the city of Andorhal, the two met in a battle that would decide Lordaeron's fate. Frostmourne clashed with Uther's legendary Hammer of the Lightbringer. Each weapon blow erupted in a shower of warring energies. It was a struggle between Light and darkness. between life and death.
    Death prevailed. Frostmourne cleaved through Uther's gilded armor and devoured his virtuous soul. And with that, Arthas extinguished the last ray of hope that remained for Lordaeron's people."

Part 6:"The list of Frostmourne's victims is long. Nearly everyone killed by the runeblade suffered the same dark fate. The weapon feasted on their broken souls and locked them within Frostmourne itself.
    Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner was an exception. When the Scourge invaded the high elf kingdom of Quel'Thalas, she led a fierce resistance. Her brilliant tactics stymied Arthas and his unholy forces at every turn. She fought with the courage and valor of a true hero.
    When at last Sylvanas fell in battle, she did not receive the hero's death she deserved. Arthas punished the ranger-general for her stubborn opposition. He used Frostmourne to rip Sylvanas's soul from her body, and then he transformed her spirit into an incorporeal banshee."

Part 7: "The death of the high elf king Anasterian Sunstrider, as recounted by Magister Hathorel: "That rabid dog Arthas came to Quel'Thalas for one reason: to steal the power of our glorious Sunwell. We did everything to stop him. Everything. And still Arthas and his foul army marched on.
    "It was in those final moments that our great king, Anasterian, appeared. He bore the legendary blade Felo'melorn. Dead and living alike stopped and watched as Anasterian dueled Arthas.
    "Old though he was, my king held his own. He pushed Arthas to his limits. But even Felo'melorn was no match for Frostmourne. Arthas cleaved Anasterian's ancient blade in two. Then, with a single ruthless strike, the death knight ran my king through."
    "I wanted to fight on. but I knew in my heart that it was all over. Everyone did.""

Part 8:"Not even the mighty Sapphiron was safe from Frostmourne's bite. This wise blue dragon was a master of arcane magic and one of the greatest of his kind who had ever lived. For many ages, he and his loyal draconic servants stood guard over a trove of extraordinary relics in Northrend.
    It was these relics that drew Arthas's attention to Sapphiron. The death knight and his Scourge minions invaded the dragon's lair to pilfer its treasures. The battle that followed would become one of legend.
    Sapphiron and his fellow dragons unleashed the full fury of their arcane might on Arthas, but he would not be denied his prize. The death knight overwhelmed his ancient foes and slew them one by one. Calling on Frostmourne's powers. Arthas then transformed Sapphiron into an undead frost wyrm.
    In his new form. Sapphiron would become one of the Scourge's most terrifying weapons."

Credit goes to Kellei (on Wowhead's Blades of the Fallen Prince's item page).
    Apocalypse:

Introduction:"Most stories about the Burning Legion speak of countless demons stampeding over worlds, but the cunning nathrezim know that brute force is not the only way to conquer an enemy. One lie can break an alliance. One drop of poison can cripple a giant. One disease can reduce a great city to a graveyard.
    The nathrezim blade called Apocalypse has accomplished all of these things. It holds the power to spread plagues, incite wars, and turn ally against ally. In the right hands, this weapon has singlehandedly brought entire civilizations crashing down before the Legion's armies ever began their invasion."

Part 1:"Apocalypse was not crafted by a single nathrezim. Many of these demons forged and shaped the blade as a tool to hasten the fall of worlds.
    Over the course of centuries, Apocalypse passed from one nathrezim to another. Each wielder used It to weaken mortal civilizations and leave them vulnerable to conquest by the Burning Legion. Through the creation of plagues and famines, Apocalypse stoked the fires of paranoia. Through acts of murder and betrayal, the weapon drove the Legion's enemies to turn on each other. Even the mere sight of the blade was enough to sap the strength of mortals and cause them to tremble in fear.
    Whenever Apocalypse changed hands, its nathrezim owners would alter and refine it. Through the lessons learned from their conquests, they endowed the blade with new plagues and maledictions. In this way, Apocalypse became a fusion of all the dark arts the nathrezim had at their disposal."

Part 2:"The last of the nathrezim to wield Apocalypse was named Kathra'natir. The weapon passed to him during the Burning Legion's invasion of Navane. This world was home to a handful of intelligent races. Though they shared a history of enmity, they put aside their differences and united against the demons.
    The alliance was tenuous at best, easy prey for Kathra'natir and Apocalypse. Kathra'natir walked among Navane's resistance forces, disguised as one of their own soldiers. He whispered rumors of betrayal In every ear. Inflaming old hatreds and ancient rivalries. All the while, Apocalypse clouded the defenders' ability to reason. They began to fear each other as much as the Legion. In one night of wanton bloodshed. Navane's army went to war with itself. Kathra'natir admired his handiwork from a distance, listening to the symphony of chaos that filled the night. By sunrise, not a single soldier remained to oppose the Legion."

Part 3:"Thousands of years ago, the city of Dalaran was inundated by reckless spellcasters. Their abuse of magic inadvertently tore open rifts in reality. Through one such rift, Kathra'natir clawed his way Into Azeroth. Kathra'natir found Dalaran ripe for upheaval. Many of the city's non-magic users were superstitious, and they viewed spellcasters with thinly veiled unease. Kathra'natir used Apocalypse to inflame these fears. He tainted Dalaran's water supplies and food stores. Gruesome plagues ravaged the city, which the common folk believed had originated from the magi.
    If not for Guardian Alodi, Dalaran might have destroyed itself. He was part of the Council of Tirisfal, a secret order of magi formed to protect Azeroth from demons. After a series of grueling battles, Alodi narrowly defeated Kathra'natir and banished him from the world.
    Though the demon was gone. Apocalypse remained behind."

Part 4:"An account of Apocalypse from the journal of Alodi, first Guardian of Tirisfal:
    "In the blade's presence, I am physically weakened. Strange thoughts swim through my mind. Dark things I will not repeat here. The weapon has a way of dredging up fears long forgotten and giving them new life. And these are just some of Its tamer qualities.
    "I have requested that we destroy the weapon, but the other council members have reservations. They would prefer we lock It away alongside other artifacts recovered from demons. It is not the ideal course, but so be It. If this council is to survive. it must do so through mutual trust and understanding.
    "My only hope is that it never sees the light of day again.""

Part 5:"Long after Kathra'natir's defeat, Apocalypse resurfaced. It was a time of great turmoil for the Council of Tirisfal. The current Guardian, Aegwynn, had gone rogue. Seeing no other recourse, the council created a new order called the Tirisgarde to capture the troublesome Guardian.
    The Tirisgarde armed themselves with mighty artifacts to overwhelm Aegwynn. They soon learned that artifacts alone were not enough to best a Guardian of her caliber. Aegwynn outwitted her hunters time and again. Out of desperation, the council finally unearthed Apocalypse and other closely guarded relics. They distributed these dangerous weapons to the most loyal and gifted Tirisgarde members.
    Apocalypse was entrusted to Laith Sheol. From the very moment he held the blade, a darkness bloomed in his mind. It would continue to fester and swell until it consumed him entirely."

Part 6: "Apocalypse granted Laith Sha 'ol more power than he could have hoped for, but it came at a price. Hatred tainted his thoughts. His wish to see Aegwynn brought to justice became a wish to see her dead.
    Laith narrowly missed cornering his prey In the small human village of Corwell. He Interrogated the townsfolk, accusing them of conspiring with Aegwynn. Though Corwell's people knew nothing of the Guardian's whereabouts, they succumbed to Apocalypse's influence. Before long, neighbor regarded neighbor with suspicion. Paranoia sank its poisoned fangs Into the quaint village. In a fit of rage, Laith cut down the town elder. The death ignited a wave of violence. Friends and family turned on each other with bare hands, teeth, and whatever else could serve as a weapon.
    Only Laith walked out of that village alive."

Part 7: "From chapter eight of On Plagues, Curses, and Blights by Royal Historian Archesonus:
    "There is an odd period of history during which we see an increase in disease, famine, and violence. The exact cause of these hardships is unknown. One interesting theory associates them with a nameless horseman who carried a sword of sinister origin.
    "In some legends. this figure rode a pale horse. In others, a black mare with eyes aflame. Wherever the horseman passed, trouble followed. Crops withered. Diseases festered. Innocent folk simply dropped dead. For this reason, the horseman was known by many names: War, Death, Famine, and Pestilence.
    Did such an individual really exist? I think not, Attributing plagues and such to a physical entity was just a means for the people of the time to cope with phenomena beyond their control.""

Part 8: "When Guardian Aegwynn learned of Laith Sha 'ol and Apocalypse, she made a stand to spare the world from the demon-forged blade. Aegwynn lured Laith Into a trap, expecting to make short work of her adversary. She had underestimated Apocalypse's true strength. Laith unleashed the blade on the Guardian, draining her life force. None of Aegwynn's spells could shield her from Apocalypse's vampiric power. On the verge of collapse, she screamed a desperate incantation that shattered the connection between Laith and the sword. In that moment, the darkness In Laith's mind vanished. He remembered everything he had done while under Apocalypse's Influence. All the heartache. All the vile deeds. All the deaths. Overcome with horror, he dropped Apocalypse where he stood. Then he ran, and he never looked back."

Credit goes to Kellei on Wowhead (Apocalypse's item page)

Just wanted to put this out here and see if it helped anyone.

So I'm not familiar on the hidden appearances during beta so excuse my ignorance. I'm wondering that if they were available in the beta then what would've stopped people from finding these appearances then? I'm just wondering how these weren't found much earlier.

Well, i guess its because they are hidden incredibly well, if you look at the Ashbringer one por Retadins youll see that they are almost impossible to find out, requiring multiple weird things and a huge amount of AK (around 15 level) to unlock. And im almost sure the only way they found it was throught datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasg View Post
    Well, i guess its because they are hidden incredibly well, if you look at the Ashbringer one por Retadins youll see that they are almost impossible to find out, requiring multiple weird things and a huge amount of AK (around 15 level) to unlock. And im almost sure the only way they found it was throught datamining.
    I feel like corrupted ashbringer is a super special case since it's been an ongoing joke/rumor for such a long time, so I'd expect it to be so extensive. Maybe Frost's hidden appearnce because it's directly linked to the infamous Frostmourne.
    Unholy however isn't really linked to such an iconic weapon so I'd imagine it wouldn't have anything like the ashbringer has. It's why I'm so confused on why it hasn't been found already

Quote Originally Posted by Noolore View Post
    I feel like corrupted ashbringer is a super special case since it's been an ongoing joke/rumor for such a long time, so I'd expect it to be so extensive. Maybe Frost's hidden appearnce because it's directly linked to the infamous Frostmourne.
    Unholy however isn't really linked to such an iconic weapon so I'd imagine it wouldn't have anything like the ashbringer has. It's why I'm so confused on why it hasn't been found already
    I'm still banking on that for the Unholy hidden skin, we need to unlock the 4 base skins first. It fits in with the lore about Apoc always changing with new owners and it could never have been tested on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I'm still banking on that for the Unholy hidden skin, we need to unlock the 4 base skins first. It fits in with the lore about Apoc always changing with new owners and it could never have been tested on beta.
    Wouldn't that pretty much make it the most time consuming and painful skin to unlock by a vast, vast distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    Wouldn't that pretty much make it the most time consuming and painful skin to unlock by a vast, vast distance?
    I agree. That would make the unholy appearance the hardest and longest grind of any of the artifact weapons. I'm pretty sure blizzard wouldn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by Shoadowolf View Post
    Not sure why people are waiting for AK knowledge to pop up or anything.
    Some other class hidden artifacts started popping up (or at least hints did) once people reach AK 5, it acted like a gate basically, again for some classes.

Could the Dark Runeblades for frost be linked to the hidden ability that makes ice show underneath you when you stand still? Anyone have any ideas about that?

I would highly doubt UH's skin is as complex as people think considering it is not a major lore weapon.

So guys, I was exploring around the Ebon Hold seeing maybe if I would find anything interesting out of dumb luck, maybe I did?

There's an NPC named Matthew Veiss dueling Ebon Knights on the top level near Light's Heart. Seeing that it was the only named NPC dueling and didn't appear to stand out, figured I'd google him (figured he was a tribute or something). On the Wowhead page, says he was added in patch 7.0.3 and no one appears to know his location (according the Wowhead). Thought this was a rather weird anomaly so I decided to share it.

So guys, I was exploring around the Ebon Hold seeing maybe if I would find anything interesting out of dumb luck, maybe I did?

There's an NPC named Matthew Veiss dueling Ebon Knights on the top level near Light's Heart. Seeing that it was the only named NPC dueling and didn't appear to stand out, figured I'd google him (figured he was a tribute or something). On the Wowhead page, says he was added in patch 7.0.3 and no one appears to know his location (according the Wowhead). Thought this was a rather weird anomaly so I decided to share it.

I googled Matthew Veiss wow and I found this.....

http://www(dot)wowdb(dot)com/npcs/112060-matthew-veiss

- - - Updated - - -

I googled Matthew Veiss wow and I found this.....

http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/112060-matthew-veiss

This is confusing. Why is Matthew Veiss so undocumented even though it's a named NPC? I feel like he might be important

This is confusing. Why is Matthew Veiss so undocumented even though it's a named NPC? I feel like he might be important
    In that link I gave it shows his location on the broken shore

Quote Originally Posted by c21684 View Post
    In that link I gave it shows his location on the broken shore
    the link I'm giving says something different.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=112060/matthew-veiss

I'm simply wondering the reason behind this NPC. No dialog, no interaction, doesn't appear to be a tribute to anything. So why?

[QUOTE=Noolore;42521116]the link I'm giving says something different.
    [url]http://www.wowhead.com/npc=112060/matthew

idk when I googled his name that one link I gave was the only thing related to wow that came up for me ur link didn't even show up for me so I don't know I see him too in the same spot in our hall so it is odd I will say that much and I googled those chest pieces he supposedly sells via ur link but it came up that other people sell them not him so this is very weird I just wish that something would be discovered or that blizz would break down and tell us a little more to go on to get the skins

[QUOTE=c21684;42521267]
    the link I'm giving says something different.
    [url]http://www.wowhead.com/npc=112060/matthew

idk when I googled his name that one link I gave was the only thing related to wow that came up for me ur link didn't even show up for me so I don't know I see him too in the same spot in our hall so it is odd I will say that much and I googled those chest pieces he supposedly sells via ur link but it came up that other people sell them not him so this is very weird I just wish that something would be discovered or that blizz would break down and tell us a little more to go on to get the skins
    Yeah, you'd think that with this 174 page discussion blizzard would start to feel a little sorry for us and drop a couple words on how to get them. I mean we really have almost nothing here, just speculation and theories. At least other classes/specs have a little something to go on, the ones that haven't already been found of course.

[QUOTE=Noolore;42521597]
    Quote Originally Posted by c21684 View Post

Yeah, you'd think that with this 174 page discussion blizzard would start to feel a little sorry for us and drop a couple words on how to get them. I mean we really have almost nothing here, just speculation and theories. At least other classes/specs have a little something to go on, the ones that haven't already been found of course.
    Maybe assistance from blizzard is gated behind 200 pages of investigation?

I think our best bet is to wait on the Abom perk, i get mine finished in 2 days and 13 hours, so i'm hoping i get something or some sort of lead who knows >>

[QUOTE=Ghostmourne;42521738]

Maybe assistance from blizzard is gated behind 200 pages of investigation?
    Well, just 150 more pages to go then :P