Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Weird, I retyped it instead. Should be fixed now.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

When CA goes on cooldown i get an endless stream of this lua error

Message: [string "return function()..."]:5: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'start' (a nil value)
    Time: 06/18/16 16:20:25
    Count: 3879
    Stack: [string "return function()..."]:5: in function <[string "return function()..."]:1>
    Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\RegionTypes\icon.lua:234: in function `UpdateCustomText'
    Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2978: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2974>

Locals: CA = "Celestial Alignment"
    start = nil
    duration = nil
    _ = nil
    (*temporary) = "Interface\Icons\spell_druid_incarnation"
    (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = 102560
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = 5
    (*temporary) = "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'start' (a nil value)"

Hi Cyous.

I think the link ¨Import String (v0.2.8 [Beta])¨ at the start of the topic is broken at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrat View Post
    Hi Cyous.

I think the link ¨Import String (v0.2.8 [Beta])¨ at the start of the topic is broken at the moment.
    I think that too, is not working for me

Quote Originally Posted by Agrat View Post
    Hi Cyous.

Works for me. Where you given an HTML error, or a connectivity error?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakajz View Post
    When CA goes on cooldown i get an endless stream of this lua error

Message: [string "return function()..."]:5: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'start' (a nil value)
    Time: 06/18/16 16:20:25
    Count: 3879
    Stack: [string "return function()..."]:5: in function <[string "return function()..."]:1>
    Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\RegionTypes\icon.lua:234: in function `UpdateCustomText'
    Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2978: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2974>

Locals: CA = "Celestial Alignment"
    start = nil
    duration = nil
    _ = nil
    (*temporary) = "Interface\Icons\spell_druid_incarnation"
    (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = 102560
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = 5
    (*temporary) = "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'start' (a nil value)"
    Weird. But okay.

I added a failsafe.

I've updated a couple more things, so the version is bumped up to 0.2.9 now.

Healing touch is still showing as astral power gain when I cast it. Assuming just a remnant of when you were debugging it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roflomnom View Post
    Healing touch is still showing as astral power gain when I cast it. Assuming just a remnant of when you were debugging it?
    Touch of the Stars -- PVP Talent, not sure how the API handles it yet. I've left it in for now, but it's a pretty straightforward fix.

UPDATE:
    Ohai, people were nice enough to help find this info, and I'll have it in the next update. (2.0.10).
    Last edited by Cyous; 2016-06-19 at 06:53 PM.

Hi, really liking the power bar. I'm also trying to show an icon aura for the specific Moon versions while they won't over cap my AP. When I use Action Usable for a trigger it automatically switches between all the versions and always shows up even when I type in the spell name or id number I want. I've tried to do custom triggers, but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Seresin View Post
    Hi, really liking the power bar. I'm also trying to show an icon aura for the specific Moon versions while they won't over cap my AP. When I use Action Usable for a trigger it automatically switches between all the versions and always shows up even when I type in the spell name or id number I want. I've tried to do custom triggers, but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?
    What exactly are you trying to do?

Show the icon of the spell when it will not cause you to go over the Astral Power cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do?

Show the icon of the spell when it will not cause you to go over the Astral Power cap?
    Yep. I made 3 auras
    1) Action Usable - New Moon and AP <= 90
    2) Action Usable - Half Moon and AP <=80
    3) Action Usable - Full Moon and AP <=60
    I used the spell IDs, as typing the names for Half Moon and Full Moon don't even work in the box. New Moon's name or ID work.

But the result doesn't work as I intend
    1) shows up under 90 but no matter the spell state (New, Half or Full) and cycles through the icons
    2) shows up under 80 with any spell state, but it does keep the Half Moon icon
    3) shows up under 60 with any spell state, but it does keep the Full Moon icon

I tried to do custom status functions using GetSpellInfo instead of Action Usable but couldn't figure it out. I'm really rusty with coding and haven't done much lua.

Quote Originally Posted by Seresin View Post
    Yep. I made 3 auras
    1) Action Usable - New Moon and AP <= 90
    2) Action Usable - Half Moon and AP <=80
    3) Action Usable - Full Moon and AP <=60
    I used the spell IDs, as typing the names for Half Moon and Full Moon don't even work in the box. New Moon's name or ID work.

But the result doesn't work as I intend
    1) shows up under 90 but no matter the spell state (New, Half or Full) and cycles through the icons
    2) shows up under 80 with any spell state, but it does keep the Half Moon icon
    3) shows up under 60 with any spell state, but it does keep the Full Moon icon

I tried to do custom status functions using GetSpellInfo instead of Action Usable but couldn't figure it out. I'm really rusty with coding and haven't done much lua.
    It's because WA uses the spell currently available to you -- if you enter New Moon, it should work for New Moon. Then, if you cast New Moon, Half Moon should be available. Enter Half Moon at this point. Repeat process for Full Moon
    -- Not guaranteed to work, but you could trick it into working.

I haven't played around too much with New Moon mechanics, it's been fairly confusing for myself as well. Definitely worth exploring to return the next spell in line. If you can do that, this would be solved. I can look into it shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated version to v0.2.10

Changes:
    -- Touch of the Stars (PVP Talent) added to modify Healing Touch's Astral Power generation.
    -- Removed "Zoom" from all icons. (Still recommending players use Masque to skin the border.)

Yeah, I cycled through the spells and added the name to the box and it just reverts to "Invalid Spell Name/ID/Link." The spellID does work no matter what state it is in at least. One thing i tested out is /script print(GetSpellInfo("New Moon")). It will print the correct name of the current state. I was trying to use that in a custom trigger. It was something like

function()
    name = GetSpellInfo("New Moon")
    if name == "New Moon" then
    return 1 --I also tried 'return true' and even 'return name' in the "Name Info" trigger box lower down
    end
    end

I didn't try to throw away the extra data with name, _, _, _, _, _, _ =GetSpellInfo("New Moon"). Could that have messed with it? Also, I may have had it typed out a little differently now that I'm looking at this example. I also only tested ability usable + AP amount and tested custom + AP amount. Maybe I should test for all three (usable + custom + AP)?

- - - Updated - - -

OMG I got it to work! I didn't know to add the untrigger part. I realized it after I fixed the trigger and they showed up correctly for the 1st cycle, then didn't go away. (I'm really new to custom stuff in WA )

I have Trigger Type:Custom, Event Type: Status, Chech On: Every Frame
    Custom Trigger:
    function()
    if name == "New Moon" then --"Half Moon" and "Full Moon" for the other auras
    return true
    else
    return false
    end
    end
    Custom Untrigger:
    function()
    if name ~= "New Moon" then --"Half Moon" and "Full Moon" for the other auras
    return true
    else
    return false
    end
    end

I must have had a typo or wasn't seeing something else wrong when trigger wasn't working at all before. It was late and I was tired. I probably don't need those extra return false, do I?
    Last edited by Seresin; 2016-06-27 at 01:52 AM.

Untrigger is fairly straightforward. Copy/Paste your trigger into untrigger and literally swap all boolean statements (true/false).

You should also but a nil check in there. Sometimes, nil checks block seemingly simple errors.

Code:
    if name == nil then
    return false
    else
    -- the rest of your code body
    end
    But yay!
    Last edited by Cyous; 2016-06-27 at 06:23 AM.

Got this error while using FoE.

Message: [string "return function()..."]:50: Division by zero
    Time: 06/30/16 16:50:24
    Count: 819
    Stack: [string "return function()..."]:50: in function <[string "return function()..."]:1>
    Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\RegionTypes\text.lua:103: in function `UpdateCustomText'
    Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2971: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2967>

Locals: curASP = 4
    Predict_AP = 0
    Predict_non_fill = 0
    ca_mod = 1
    bota_mod = 1
    SpellCast = nil
    CA = nil
    bota_spell = "Blessing of Elune"
    BOTA = nil
    CA = "Celestial Alignment"
    BUFF = nil
    E = 4
    f_gen = 6
    Haste = 0.14272727966309
    f_casttime = 0
    (*temporary) = 4
    (*temporary) = "Solar Wrath"
    (*temporary) = "Solar"
    (*temporary) = 535045
    (*temporary) = 0
    (*temporary) = 0
    (*temporary) = 45
    (*temporary) = 190984
    (*temporary) = 45
    (*temporary) = "Division by zero"

Might be due to Owlkin Frenzy. Whatever the case, that value will default to a non-zero integer. So, it should stop the error.

Be sure to update (no version change):
    https://wago.io/4y7qKOBVW

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Untrigger is fairly straightforward. Copy/Paste your trigger into untrigger and literally swap all boolean statements (true/false).

You should also but a nil check in there. Sometimes, nil checks block seemingly simple errors.

Code:
    if name == nil then
    return false
    else
    -- the rest of your code body
    end
    But yay!
    Cool, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting an error in Version 0.2.10: [string "return function()..."]:53: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Tracked it down to aura: AP_NumFOE - line 53 has:
    Code:
    local f_casttime =  select(4,GetSpellInfo('Solar Wrath')) * (1/1000)
    Quick fix is to change it to:
    Code:
    local f_casttime =  (select(4,GetSpellInfo('Solar Wrath')) or 0) * (1/1000)
    Which will basically make it equal 0 when you're not casting, which by the rest of the code I think that what you wanted to do anyway.

That would fix it, thank you.

any plans on change localized spell names to ids so it will work not only on EN clients?

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    any plans on change localized spell names to ids so it will work not only on EN clients?
    Yes.

/10char