Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi Cyous, great setup for WA. Would it be hard to create a tracker for the new 4pc bonus? Might be a cool feature to add to your bar as maintaining it constantly up is rather important atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maral View Post
    Hi Cyous, great setup for WA. Would it be hard to create a tracker for the new 4pc bonus? Might be a cool feature to add to your bar as maintaining it constantly up is rather important atm.
    Negative. This would be a case of "You should make it" because it's a relatively simple aura to make, and I have no position open to place it cleanly into the suite.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Sometimes my AP bar goes above 100, Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? Typically in PVP areas and sometimes in instances.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toolban View Post
    Sometimes my AP bar goes above 100, Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? Typically in PVP areas and sometimes in instances.

Thanks
    It shows overflow. And with T20 2pc, the cap is 130

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    It shows overflow. And with T20 2pc, the cap is 130
    Should have read the tooltip... I switch to guardian for our raid while our tank is on assignment. Appreciate the quick reply however.

Cyous, what do I need to change in the TrinketDB when a trinket is showing as a green square instead of showing the trinket icon and the % above it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Cyous, what do I need to change in the TrinketDB when a trinket is showing as a green square instead of showing the trinket icon and the % above it?
    Which trinket (what's the entryID?) And typically, that means one of two things:
    1.) Bad string or bad path.
    2.) Texture is borked.

Typically, you could just change the string/path to something different.

Which trinket (what's the entryID?) And typically, that means one of two things:
    1.) Bad string or bad path.
    2.) Texture is borked.

Typically, you could just change the string/path to something different.
    It is Terror From Below, I believe the entryID is 147016 if it is the 6 digit code wowhead has listed for it.
    I'm able to find it in the TrinketDatabase but I'm not sure what to change to get it working.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2017-07-26 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maral View Post
    It isn't hard to make simple weak auras like this. I got 4 piece last night and made a wa to track the buff after a wipe attempt on Maiden during some down time. Just look up the name of the buff, create an icon buff for it, and set text for the stacks and the progress. Boom, done. Easy peasy.

It is Terror From Below, I believe the entryID is 147016 if it is the 6 digit code wowhead has listed for it.
    I'm able to find it in the TrinketDatabase but I'm not sure what to change to get it working.
    I updated a couple things on it in an attempt to make it work properly.

Code:

[147016] = { -- Terror From Below, OM NOM NOM 

["spellid"] = 246560,
                ["spellname"] = "Terror From Below",
                ["duration"] = 0,
                ["cooldown"] = 0,
                ["icon"] = "inv_pet_babyshark",
                ["mode"] = "PROC",
                ["rppm"] = 2, -- modified by haste

},

I updated a couple things on it in an attempt to make it work properly.

Code:

[147016] = { -- Terror From Below, OM NOM NOM 

["spellid"] = 246560,
                ["spellname"] = "Terror From Below",
                ["duration"] = 0,
                ["cooldown"] = 0,
                ["icon"] = "inv_pet_babyshark",
                ["mode"] = "PROC",
                ["rppm"] = 2, -- modified by haste

},
    The trinket icon now shows up and it gave a % number but when the trinket procced it continues counting up towards 100% and vanished. When the 100% went away it didn't come back. What do I change to make the % proc reset back to 0 when the trinket works?

And thank you for taking the time to help me figure this out, this addon has been a lifesaver for me.

The trinket icon now shows up and it gave a % number but when the trinket procced it continues counting up towards 100% and vanished. When the 100% went away it didn't come back. What do I change to make the % proc reset back to 0 when the trinket works?

And thank you for taking the time to help me figure this out, this addon has been a lifesaver for me.
    Alrighty, the new spell ID didn't work. Reverting back.

Change "spellid" from 246560 to... 242524

If this doesn't work, then we'll use some advanced options to find that correct spellid

Alrighty, the new spell ID didn't work. Reverting back.

Change "spellid" from 246560 to... 242524

If this doesn't work, then we'll use some advanced options to find that correct spellid
    Reverted the spellid back to the 242524 and still have the issue with the percentage just counting to 100. Is it possible there is a confliction with the Tarnished Sentinel Medallion? The reason I ask this is because the trinket right below Terror is the Medallion, however it says "terror from below" as the spellname for the medallion.

Took a screenshot of it

Reverted the spellid back to the 242524 and still have the issue with the percentage just counting to 100. Is it possible there is a confliction with the Tarnished Sentinel Medallion? The reason I ask this is because the trinket right below Terror is the Medallion, however it says "terror from below" as the spellname for the medallion.

Took a screenshot of it
    Spellname isnt really used for anything, we just care about the spell id.

I need the proper spell ID basically.

find a quiet place and do /eventtrace

Cast Wrath.

In the Event Log, look for COMBAT LOG EVENT UNFILTERED.

-- that's how you use it

When Terror From Below is triggered, find it in the event log under COMBAT LOG EVENT UNFILTERED (or just COMBAT LOG EVENT). Take a screenshot of it. There should be like 21 arguments.

Spellname isnt really used for anything, we just care about the spell id.

I need the proper spell ID basically.

find a quiet place and do /eventtrace

Cast Wrath.

In the Event Log, look for COMBAT LOG EVENT UNFILTERED.

-- that's how you use it

When Terror From Below is triggered, find it in the event log under COMBAT LOG EVENT UNFILTERED (or just COMBAT LOG EVENT). Take a screenshot of it. There should be like 21 arguments.
    This is what I got

Does this mean it is 242525 and not 242524?

Edit: Changed the number in the database and that seems to have fixed it! It is now resetting the percentage when the terror's spell effect hits the dummy. I am glad you took the time out to help me figure that out because that was puzzling me quite a bit. Thanks again Cyous, I'd be doomed without this addon helping me out.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2017-07-29 at 12:29 PM.

This is what I got

Does this mean it is 242525 and not 242524?

Edit: Changed the number in the database and that seems to have fixed it! It is now resetting the percentage when the terror's spell effect hits the dummy. I am glad you took the time out to help me figure that out because that was puzzling me quite a bit. Thanks again Cyous, I'd be doomed without this addon helping me out.
    Correct.

/10char

Need to remove the "Always Active" trigger then update the Custom Trigger (in Trigger1) code to trigger only if the buff is active.

Code:
    if aura_env.stacks > 0 then return true end

Custom Untrigger (in Trigger1):
    Code:
    if aura_env.stacks == 0 then return true end
    Positioning is handled by the Dynamic Group parent.

- - - Updated - - -

Wago is back up.
    Hey Cyous,
    I am interested in tweaking this too, but have not had success getting it to work. I've deleted the always active trigger for both, but I wasn't sure what to delete or replace with the code suggestions you made.

Your WA's really are awesome!

@Semarin

Those two pieces of code are Custom Trigger and Custom Untrigger. Pretty much a copy/paste edit that will use "aura_env.stacks" to determine if we trigger the weak auras (make it show). We want to show at "more than zero stacks" ... so ... > 0

We also want to disable the weak aura once it has faded. That's the same as have zero stacks (" == 0 ").

Just for clarity, which weak auras do you wish to edit? They all use a similar template specifically for easier editing.

@Semarin

Those two pieces of code are Custom Trigger and Custom Untrigger. Pretty much a copy/paste edit that will use "aura_env.stacks" to determine if we trigger the weak auras (make it show). We want to show at "more than zero stacks" ... so ... > 0

We also want to disable the weak aura once it has faded. That's the same as have zero stacks (" == 0 ").

Just for clarity, which weak auras do you wish to edit? They all use a similar template specifically for easier editing.
    Hi Cyous,
    For the sake of clarity, I'm looking at the code for the LEGO_OI_SF customer trigger, seen below. I see instances of what you suggest should be replaced, I'm just not sure where and what specifically to delete and what not to delete. (Do I nuke all the rest of these if/then/statements?) Also, I know to delete the 2nd trigger (the always active one) and I know to add the custom untrigger (assuming that works, I've not tried the code you listed earlier.)
    Code:
    function()

aura_env.name, _, aura_env.icon = GetSpellInfo(aura_env.spellid)

if aura_env.debuff ~= nil then
            aura_env.stacks = select(4,UnitDebuff(aura_env.unitid, GetSpellInfo(aura_env.buff), false, "player")) or 0
        elseif aura_env.buff ~= nil then     
            aura_env.stacks = select(4,UnitBuff(aura_env.unitid, GetSpellInfo(aura_env.buff), false, "player")) or 0
        else
            aura_env.stacks = nil
        end

if aura_env.debuff ~= nil then
            if UnitDebuff(aura_env.unitid, GetSpellInfo(aura_env.debuff)) then       
                if aura_env.override == true then
                    --do not touch if override
                else
                    aura_env.name, _, aura_env.icon = GetSpellInfo(aura_env.debuff)
                end
            end
        elseif aura_env.buff ~= nil then
            if UnitBuff(aura_env.unitid, GetSpellInfo(aura_env.buff)) then            
                if aura_env.override == true then
                    -- do not touch if override
                else
                    aura_env.name, _, aura_env.icon = GetSpellInfo(aura_env.buff)
                end
            end
        end

return true
    end
    I hope to do the same changes to the LEGO_OI_SS weakaura too. The goal being to only show the one that is active at any given time. You will recall you helped me do the same with the empowerment buffs for a very clean minimalist approach and it worked out gloriously, but this seems more complicated.

OI's code is a little scary, but it's pretty simple if you go step by step.

The first "if" block is determining the stack count, based on a template form (hence: buff and debuff, and we know OI is just buffs).

the next "if" block is a two-parter that controls the aura information, such as it's name and the icon to be used (GetSpellInfo(n)).

After that is the "return true" statement, which will activate the aura for us to see. It's not limited by any commands, so it's always returning true. This is the part that needs to be changed. ---- With the edited code from earlier, we want to replace that single line. That will fix the trigger state, but then we still need the Untrigger updated. So, stamp the Untrigger code into the proper place (wrap it in a function, of course).

That's all it is.