Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    I don't know if this is related to the arcane artifact, but I found a hidden map/image in the mage class hall, right next to the mission board. Has to be viewed at an angle to be visible.
    Oh, interesting. Oddly, it looks like half a map. Maybe there's another part? Maybe it has something to do with it? Maybe it's completely useless? Interesting note on that: The left edge looks vaguely like half of the icon for Arcane Blast (or *MAYBE* Arcane Explosion). So maybe exploding the sheep has something to do with Arcane Blast (or explosion), but there has to be another condition, as I'm sure we've all tried at least one of these on our polymorphed targets to no avail.

Has anyone tried sheeping animals in dungeons? I've tried a few with no response yet, but maybe there's mobs in some dungeons that trigger the volatile sheep? Nothing I poly'd in Eye of Azshara did it, but that's one dungeon. Pretty much throwing stuff at the wall to see if anything sticks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatbott View Post
    -there might be a daily trigger in the order hall, pay attention
    Just a question, where does this thought come from? Has there been any sign that this is a possibility?

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as how there's something in every main zone so far, I'm investigating the broken shore now. So far nothing but boss level demons, but I'll keep checking.

Definitely nothing in the Broken Shore, though it'd be interesting to try to kill some of these demons. I found our old buddy Kathra'natir!

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked everywhere in the uninstanced open world version of Eye of Azshara and there's nothing but turtles, snails, and rays to sheep. Nothing does anything unless there's an area I missed. Looks like we are limited to the ones in the 5 main zones, so we need to figure out what to do from here, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

As another note on this, I've attempted polymorphing the highlands calf multiple times after proccing the volatile sheep and nothing happened. I've also attempted killing the calf low enough that I can poly it and kill it in one hit, but also nothing. Killing it, at least in a normal way, seems unlikely to be part of the process.
    Last edited by ninefoldrin; 2016-09-09 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, from the information we have so far we can deduce that nothing needs to be done with these sheep, yet the sheep are a trigger for something we haven't found yet. Sheeping them all are steps in an invisible quest, so to speak. I suspect it might be the trigger to start a World Quest or follower mission.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ninefoldrin View Post
    Just a question, where does this thought come from? Has there been any sign that this is a possibility?
    Yeah so apparently on beta there was a quest called "sheep daily roll" that would trigger once you entered the class hall, just like frost mage had one. Right now neither are triggering for some reason. You can check the altered time post for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoldrin View Post
    Not sure if it's related or random, but there IS a painting of a sheep among the many painting in the lower room of the Class Hall. Not interactable though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this in the Archaeologist store in Dalaran:

Sheep Sarcophagus? To Uldum?

Deleted
    Try translating what's written on it? The 2 first characters are Egyptian, the rest i don't know, might be gibberish

Quote Originally Posted by Chatbott View Post
    Try translating what's written on it? The 2 first characters are Egyptian, the rest i don't know, might be gibberish
    That's just a random Uldum doodad, won't take us anywhere I think.

Something interesting I haven't been able to figure out yet... there is an Elwynn Sheep in Dalaran, but... it's in the rogue class hall. I tried to enter it as a ghost or through the sewer pipe underneath Dalaran, but I got stunned and ported out both times. I wonder if a rogue could tag that sheep with a non-damaging ability and kite it to the sewer exit for the mage to polymorph...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, after searching wowhead a little I actually have a new lead.

The first boss in the Arcway, Ivanyr, has an ability called Volatile Magic. The description says "After 6 seconds, the magic explodes, dealing X amount of damage". More interestingly, he also drops a trinket called a portable Mana Cracker, which triggers off critical strikes and applies the same effect. Perhaps "exploding a volatile sheep" means either:

A. Polymorphing a creature during this fight and killing/damaging it with the explosion from the spell, or...

B. Applying the Volatile Magic debuff with the trinket and sheeping the target mob as it's about to explode.

If anyone has access to the Arcway and managed to get this trinket, it would be interesting to test this theory out.

Deleted
    Arcway is mythic only, so that means you get the chance at the drop once a week, didn't drop for me this time.

I doubt it will require running a mythic dungeon, but it's possible. I haven't devoted the time to Nightfallen rep to get to Arcway yet. We'll see when I get there this weekend.

Deleted
    A lot of hidden artifacts require raid boss kills, so mythic restriction is a non-issue.

I was very surprised when I polymorphed a mob today and it became a sheep talking to me.
    The thing is... I am frost specced

So I wonder if this is truly for arcane only?
    Last edited by Tobs92; 2016-09-10 at 12:50 AM.

Hello.

My mage is only level 95, so I don't really know anything about mages in Legion and I can't test things myself, but have you guys been to this mob in Stormheim?
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=107822/vrykul-shepherd
    Maybe you can interact with him somehow? Sheep him or something like that(sheeping would reveal his real humanoid form as seen when looking at the Metcalf NPC)? Does mages still have that glyph that lets you understand other races' languages? Then maybe you need that active to talk to him.
    I just read some other guy mentioned this mob in this thread. Why was there so little interest from the rest of you?

Another thing: his name is "Metcalf". Have you guys tried sheeping different taurens in Highmountain? ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobs92 View Post
    I was very surprised when I polymorphed a mob today and it became a sheep talking to me.
    The thing is... I am frost specced

So I wonder if this is truly for arcane only?
    That...is disappointing. We may have been barking up the wrong tree here all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That...is disappointing. We may have been barking up the wrong tree here all along.
    I do have the arcane weapon in my inventory. Could be that's enough and the spec is actually not relevant at all.

Deleted
    The hidden appearance is a sheep staff, and there is a new sheep event, you honestly think for a second its not related?

I wouldn't write it off based on what spec said Mage was in when polymorphing, considering the Resto Shaman appearance item has been dropping in Eye of Azshara for non-Resto specced Shamans. http://www.wowhead.com/item=139574/c...queen#comments

While a boss drop is different not worth ruling anything out just yet I would have thought.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper486 View Post
    I wouldn't write it off based on what spec said Mage was in when polymorphing,
    Yeah, the first instance of Frost's was found by someone in Fire spec on beta.

Deleted
    Hi,

I don't know if this is relevant, and if not please correct me
    Today I was questing in Surumar and when I was about to die, I got frozen in time with a 14'ish yards arcane barrier around me which healed me for:
    "Your Arcane Barrier healed You 310099 Arcane"
    "Your Arcane Barrier healed You 310099 Arcane"
    "Your Arcane Barrier healed You 155049 Arcane"

I googled it a few times and never saw anything related. Afterwards I didn't have any buff (i.e. Surumar buff).

I'm an arcane mage with 15 points in my artifact, I have unlocked the second appearance (Spinning one).

Can this be something new?
    //Symp

ps. Has anyone tried with the "Mystical Tome: Arcane Linguist" before sheeping and prompting the volatile sheep? Maybe you can understand him!
    Last edited by mmoc25477a2f37; 2016-09-10 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Additional content

Deleted
    That's the buff that the chick gives you when you feed her;
    I got a world quest today where i had to gather up sheeps pic: https://i.imgur.com/wKvuJPE.jpg
    nothing special happened.