Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Arcane Mage Hidden Artifact Weapon clue

When you sheep a certain type of mob for the first time a volatile sheep appears and talk to you by saying "...", there is one in each zone, it's most likely the first step to unlocking the hidden artifact
    The types are as follow:
    -Cliffwing Hippogryph in Azsuna
    -Wild Dreamrunner in Val'sharah
    -Highlands Runehorn Calf in Stormheim
    -Shieldscar/Heartwood Doe in Suramar
    -Highpeak Goat in Highmountains
    After doing all of these nothing happens, there must be something more to it

Things you might want to try:
    -interacting with the sheep in some way
    -there might be a daily trigger in the order hall, pay attention
    -find the unfound npc Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf which is related to the questline

You can find some additional info at https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=2&t=2595

If you do find anything, or have ideas about how to solve the hidden artifact post here, i'll try to keep the thread updated
    You can also join us on the discord: https://discord.gg/VXbTXtG
    Last edited by mmoc4f12eaa235; 2016-09-11 at 09:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this caught me off guard as well when I poly'd a hippogryph. Def interesting.

Deleted
    My current theory is that getting a herd of sheep (one from each zone) unlocks the artifact

or maybe sheeping a sheep? double the volatility lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

This seems like a baad idea. Ask yourself...is it wooly worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    This seems like a baad idea. Ask yourself...is it wooly worth it?
    dont be so sheepish, get out and try new things
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Alright, i found the last, and it does nothing, so there must be something else to it, and if you sheep them again nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Chatbott View Post
    When you sheep a certain type of mob for the first time a volatile sheep appears and talk to you by saying "...", there is one in each zone, it's most likely the first step to unlocking the hidden artifact
    The types are as follow:
    -Cliffwing Hippogryph in Azsuna
    -Shieldscar Doe in Suramar
    -Wild Dreamrunner in Val'sharah
    -Highlands Runehorn Calf in Stormheim
    -Highpeak Goat in Highmountains
    After doing all of these nothing happens, there must be something more to it

Things you might want to try:
    -interacting with the sheep in some way
    -find a humanoid to sheep (if there is one) in every zone AFTER doing the neutral beasts
    -find a non neutral beast to sheep (if there is one) in every zone AFTER doing the neutral beasts
    According to wowhead it is linked to Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf
    If you do find anything, or have ideas about how to solve the hidden artifact post here, i'll try to keep the thread updated

The other thing would be try more places and more creatures. maybe theres a creature on the broken shore or near karahazhan that we have to sheep

Deleted
    I doubt Blizzard would make it too complicated without giving us a clue, so my best bet is interacting with each sheep i listed in some way; don't go around in northrend finding a sheep, it might extend to the world but i wouldn't try more than 1 zone and anything else than neutral beasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I went ahead and tried Durotar, and can confirm it does not extend to the rest of the vanilla world

Interesting, I'm going to try and experiment with this.....

10+ Year Old Account
    ima try to /sleep. You know, cause I'm counting sheep. You never know...

Deleted
    Updated a couple of stuff, there's some additional details on the altered time post if you're really interested.

I'd like to add that I got the volatile sheep from a Heartwood Doe in Suramar. When I tried the Shieldscar one, it no longer happened. So there may be more mobs that trigger this, but it will only happen once per zone or once per mob type.

Been going around playing with this stuff. When I polymorphed the runehorn in stormheim nothing happened. I polied another one nearby and nothing happened, then my game took me to the main login screen with no error message or anything. When I logged back in the runehorns still did not give me the volatile sheep popup. Not sure if it was a random hard DC and it counted prior to getting booted to the login screen or what, but it was strange.

I also Polymorphed a Heartwood Doe right next to the flight master in Crimson Thicket for the Suramar one instead of the Shieldscar Doe listed in OP and got the sheep pop up. When I did it on a Shieldscar Doe later the sheep didn't show up. It appears that it works on multiple mobs in each zone, but it only works once in each zone. At least, that's as far as I can figure out, unless it changes daily or weekly, as there was a reset today. It'd be nice to know if anyone is starting this since this reset if it works on the Shieldscar Doe or if anyone who's already done the doe can try it on Heartwood Doe after the reset. If it rotates by any chance, then it may be that each week you need to try it on a different mob until you do it to a certain number of mobs. Otherwise, it seems it may just be a certain type of mob each zone, such as does in Suramar, Runehorns in Stormheim, etc. This seems unlikely, however, considering it didn't work on other goats in Highmountain. Everything since reset has been exactly as listed except for the Doe in Suramar, I got it off of a doe on the other side of the zone.

If anyone finds that it works on something other than the listed ones, please post and please update OP with info on the other types of mobs in the zones that count. If the volatile sheep does change which mobs it appears from, then it might mean multiple days or weeks of wandering around in the zones polymorphing until you get a specific mob.

Deleted
    For the Runehorn its the Runehorn Calf my bad (changed it because i thought it worked for both).
    Last edited by mmoc4f12eaa235; 2016-09-07 at 01:30 AM.

Has anyone tried doing something to the volatile sheeps? Like hitting it with the Staff's ability or something?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, these are called volatile sheep after all. Ima try and blow one up somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Well, these are called volatile sheep after all. Ima try and blow one up somehow
    Going to sound stupid but... light it on fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Going to sound stupid but... light it on fire?
    But fire has all the fire spells...perhaps arcane explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    But fire has all the fire spells...perhaps arcane explosion.
    True, but I was thinking sheep->Switch->light up. Does that work? Can you switch specs after sheeping a thing?