Deleted

Arcane spec, finally not that bad ?

Hi guys,

I'm not even 110, so I can't tell if this spec is viable at max level but, during my leveling and since I have my artefact weapon the pexing seems very smooth, my mana's problem is more lesser than before and the DPS seems very correct !
    I was in dungeon yesterday and I was very often first or second in recount ( depending on the fight ofc) and first by far on AOE. I was only last dps on single trash mob because I couldn't do my entire rotation (conserve-burst phase).

So guys, what's your opinion about the arcane spec right now ?

ps: Sorry for my bad english

Deleted
    Well the damage is somewhat there, but we still suffer from huge mana problems. A simple fix would be to increase the value of our mastery as it's currently almost worthless (Versatility > Mastery right now). All in all, it's not as bad as we thought it would be, but there are still issues.

Deleted
    Yes, I see what you mean. The conserve phase is still weird for me because of I need to dump my arcanes charges only at 2 or maybe 3. I think bliz' will hotfix this soon or later ( I really hope). And only after that maybe the arcane spec will be "competitiv"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berboko View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm not even 110, so I can't tell if this spec is viable at max level but, during my leveling and since I have my artefact weapon the pexing seems very smooth, my mana's problem is more lesser than before and the DPS seems very correct !
    I was in dungeon yesterday and I was very often first or second in recount ( depending on the fight ofc) and first by far on AOE. I was only last dps on single trash mob because I couldn't do my entire rotation (conserve-burst phase).

So guys, what's your opinion about the arcane spec right now ?

ps: Sorry for my bad english
    I main fire at the moment, but respect for the people who play the class differently, purely because they enjoy that. Also I hope arcane will get a small buff it deserve, so we don't see everyone with 3 phoenix fire on their heads in our class hall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubberleet View Post
    we still suffer from huge mana problems.
    You have no mana problems. You are stuck into Warlords of Draenor. The right rotation of Legion does not need high mana during conserve. Arcane Power can be spent from half mana without losing any of its duration. The spec is well mechanically. It could only be tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to dump my arcanes charges only at 2 or maybe 3.
    See above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    You have no mana problems. You are stuck into Warlords of Draenor. The right rotation of Legion does not need high mana during conserve. Arcane Power can be spent from half mana without losing any of its duration. The spec is well mechanically. It could only be tuned.
    Which is what i'm saying, currently the most optimal way to play this spec is to nether tempest spam to fish for AM's to get quickening up. That's not how the spec should be played. It should be tuned to that mastery provides more mana regen/max mana so that we can actually build arcane charges x4 AB/AM > Barrage whilst still being mana positive. As such a "conserve" phase should exist outside of a single evocation cast.

On a side note: More mastery does make our rotation smoother, but it is by no means good, especially when comparing it to Versatility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubberleet View Post
    Which is what i'm saying, currently the most optimal way to play this spec is to nether tempest spam
    No, I'm not talking about the aids rotation. Read again. The spec does not need high mana before an arcane power because there is enough time/mana to burn with slightly more than half mana without losing any arcane power time.

Hence the spec is fine mechanically and if it's weaker it could only be tuned, at their discretion.

PS. Even its AOE appears to be doing well, the melee factor excluded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    I see, but I have understanding issues now... During conserve phase I must dump my charge at 4 so ? And what about the burn phase ? When I use arcane Power do I have to burn my entire mana pool left and then evocate or no ? Sorry for my dumb questions but I'm not and old player of the arcane spec and thoses changes completly disturb my mind ahah

Thanks you for you'r answer anyway guys

Deleted
    I see, but I have understanding issues now... During conserve phase I must dump my charge at 4 so ? And what about the burn phase ? When I use arcane Power do I have to burn my entire mana pool left and then evocate or no ? Sorry for my dumb questions but I'm not and old player of the arcane spec and thoses changes completly disturb my mind ahah

Thanks you for you'r answer anyway guys
    The best simulations currently basically burn mana very slowly until the next Arcane Power comes up but they don't let it go lower than around half mana. It is practically the same with Warlords of Draenor in that regard, but, with mana not needed to be high. During the Rune of Power in the middle/between two Arcane Powers, one should spend more mana there.

I don't know the details of how many times you can have 4 charges, but I imagine there are various cases, especially during the middle-RoPs.

I'm having a blast with it. (Yes, Pun intended....)

Though I've always been Arcane.