Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The game screams "I am average" so far. I don't think I have anything to apologize. The launch was smooth, the rest is "okay" so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    Legion is certainly fun right now, just like WoD was literally 3 days after it released.
    Even more than 3 days.
    I have to admit I wholeheartedly loved WoD for the first month, it went downhill from there onwards until it reached a dark pit of nothingness.
    But the first weeks especially and the slow pace I used while levelling in the first zones (Shadowmoon Valley!) felt so compelling. All that different approach, the quality of drops, the plentiful things to discover in the open world, the interaction with other players who were flowing everywhere (except when everybody started hiding inside their instanced Garrisons...), the return of areas with tough "elite" monsters like in the days of Vanilla and TBC and so on
    But yeah really, the beginning of WoD was awesome.
    It just didn't... last long, as far as my personal tastes are concerned of course.

It has still to be seen wether Legion will follow the same path or not. I sure hope it won't!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    That's not how it works. You don't say sorry just because they did something better after they did something shit. You seriously think people will forget WoD happened because Legion looks like it'll probably be better?
    Yeah when they do something "better" after something shit, but it's not just better, it's on another level! It's much more than everyone ever asked blizzard for.

Deleted
    Define "Blizzard haters". I suspect you mean anyone who's not a blizzcreamguzzling fanboi, so nothing can be owed simply because the category includes most humans on the planet, vast majority of which has never had anything to do with Blizzard whatsoever.
    Fanbois gonna swallow, critics gonna criticise. Legion seems much better than Borenor so far, but it doesn't retroactively convert Borenor into an xpac worth its price. Oh and Haters™ who play already paid Bliz some sweet RL money which is a lot more than some apology on a forum.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Seems they used the time we were in HFC well. This is quite a polished and fun experience... but all the haters will never say that blizz did something well, right?
    Swap HFC for SoO and that's exactly what people were saying about WoD after three days, time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since September 2013 paying subscribers have had... One. One. Raid tier that hasn't cost them $60. Fuck Blizzard and their apology.

In terms of future patch cadence, respect for the player-base and a lack of content droughts, the proof is in the pudding. Blizzard will never get an apology but what they will have is renewed respect if they can break out of the pattern.

I'd also say that very tentative respect will be tied strongly to how if, hypothetically, any delay in the next expansion is handled. The correct way to handle that would be to stay engaged with the community and split off a small team of people to produce some bridging content from existing assets. The traditional Blizzard way would be to bunker down, put on the blinders and give paying customers sweet F-A for over a year. Let's see which of those two approaches they pick next time then decide if they're worthy of some sort of apology.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Negative. The reasons I'm not happy with the game, are still very true.
    Play another game then?

Deleted
    Seems like people really do not learn from history. Even if it's recent.

Let's see, if Legion is still great after more than a few days. Do I want it to be good? Yes. But only time will tell. Because people were freaking out over WoD as well. Until they noticed about 2-4 weeks later, how shallow the expansion was outside of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to depend a lot on which class and spec you play and whether or not you think what you have is an improvement. As a Demonology Warlock of 10 years, I feel like what we've been given in Legion is absolutely not an improvement on what we've had in the past two expansions. There seems to be a lot of agreement on that, and whether or not you liked Meta or not - the 'demon army' design hasn't lived up to a lot of peoples expectations either; and there is a lot of discontent over the other specs too. Playing the game through a class or spec you're not enjoying, isn't going to make improvements elsewhere as noticeable or feel as good as they might through a spec you are enjoying: I can tell you that I am seeing a better game through the eyes of a Frost Mage than I do through the eyes of a (now) Affliction Warlock.

Why would blizzard owe anyone an apology? if you don't like the product, stop playing.
    It's not like they were actively trying to disappoint people.

And the critics shouldn't have to apologize either. Everyone deserves to have their own opinion.

Owe an apology for what? WoD was still awful. My class, hunter, still got butchered. The xpac is doing quite well so far but I don't remember seeing people complaining about what Legion would be like, just like I didn't see people complaining about what WoD would be like. Until after they got a hold of it and realized it was crap. If anything blizzard should apologize for WoD. But why on earth should players apologize to blizzard? Especially considering the fact that we are paying them for every single thing that they give us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Why would blizzard owe anyone an apology? if you don't like the product, stop playing.
    It's not like they were actively trying to disappoint people.

And the critics shouldn't have to apologize either. Everyone deserves to have their own opinion.
    The problem is that it is generally expected that when the product is subpar, that those who provided it apologize. I currently make pizzas, and when a customer complains we don't just say "Well, just stop buying our pizza then!", we apologize anyway. Because that is just what companies and employees of those companies should do when providing their customer with a product that is subpar or worse.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    yeah, well done blizzard. Realy fun stuff going on also after reaching 110.

BUT the BIIIIGG BUG comes now:

Blizzard HAS to push content in 3 month cycles , like final fantasy is doing it well the last years. This game cant afford 6 months without any content at all.
    They really REALLY dont. need 3 month cycles. It good PR and all but in FFXIV too many corners are cut and the content they release ends up shallow with little to no longevity and the dev team are struggling to meet a 3month cycle. They do need better pacing on patches but 3month isnt enough time given the general size of patches pre WoD compared to FFXIV, HFC alone had more bosses on 1 difficulty than all of FFXIVs main raids bosses combined. 5month is a much better target.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    People loved WoD at launch too. We'll see how they keep on schedule.
    This. Really wait a bit first before starting with these kinda "best expac eva" threads.

I was one of those fools during the first month of WoD.

WoD was not enough content and lasted too long especially after MoP SoO also lasted way too long and their excuse was that they where busy working on WoD. That fact doesn't change.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Why should the "haters"(i call them people most passionate about the game) apologies to Blizzard for doing what they are supposed to do ?
    And it's still EARLY to judge Legion, negatively or positively.
    I can give them the smoothest launch in WoW's History, and the fact that they are trying to earn our trust again by showing us the 7.1 and that they'll keep providing good content patchs.
    Let's Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Seems they used the time we were in HFC well. This is quite a polished and fun experience... but all the haters will never say that blizz did something well, right?
    I thought WoD was the greatest expansion ever by Day 3, as well.
    Maybe we should wait a bit longer to make a verdict.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is purely a theory. Back when Operation Titan was announced Blizzard stated that a large proportion of their WoW design team was moving to that project, what would eventually become Overwatch. As such the main designers of WoW moved on to the Titan project after Ulduar was designed. Funny isn't it that once Overwatch was done we see a new passion and drive being thrown back into WoW. You'd almost think those original designers have made their way back wouldn't ya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Correct. I am willing to acknowledge that Legion is very promising right now and may replace WOTLK as the best expansion ever.
    MoP already did that.

But that aside, jury is still out on legion. I wasn't hyped before launch and I am not hyped at 110 right now. Daily rep grinding, this time done via world quests rather than daily quest hubs. World quest kills are very buggy, hope they'll fix that soon.

Deleted
    i would wish that those naysayers would just grow up and act like a customer. Simply decide not to purchase the product or service. It is a powerful method of showing discontent, it saves you from frustration and spending money on a product u actually dont deem worthy and....and thats the fkin most important one: YOU LEAVE THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE IT ALONE BECAUSE THEY DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOUR CONSTANT NEGATIVE TONE OF VOICE ABOUT BASICALLY EVERYTHING!!!!

</capslockintendedmode>

so on topic...no they dont owe an apology, i rly hope they fked off to a new game or something

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    In 2 years all that will be remembered about Legion are the DDoS attacks at launch making this the "Worst launch ever".

Despite being the smoothest in my time playing.
    And no flying until the final content patch. Again.

Because we know it's going to happen.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present