Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I like most of the changes in terms of damage dealing.

What I dislike is the huge loss of both utility and survivability. Mobility-wise, despite getting an actual gap closer via talent, we didn't get all that much better. GoW was denied to us in the end, and Spectral leap has quite a low range (25y), rather high cd and is not as versatile as GOW was, or Frostshock, which we lost also .

What I really hate is the buff management they forced unto us. I'd like for them to scrap FT as baseline ability and merge it with Frostbrand as an option, talent-wise, or give us a talent that replaces FT as a boring selfbuff.

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    once you hit lvl110 enh becomes kinda rough since you are so squishy. instant heals dont rly help.
    in dungeons i had bossfights with only one stormbringer procc wich makes the specc sometimes frustrating to play.
    I really enjoyed leveling to 110 but this is becoming my experience now as well. I end up spending a lot of MP on Healing Surge just to keep myself alive.

I have been thinking about this as well. I still think that Enhance damage over too many sources. Managing FT is fine, but talenting for FB is a pita. I've actually taken Ancestral Swiftness for now, as they're pretty close in damage but I don't have to worry about AS and over shorter fights it'll probably be better.

Overall I am finding it fun. I don't know how long I'll stick around with my Shaman though. I'm not the best DPS'er, and find tanking and healing more fun. I tried Resto the other day and was bored out of my tree. I'm more likely to level up a DH tank and a Resto druid or Holy Paladin.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    becouse cataclysm enhancer had the most utility and you were not just focusing on optimizing your dmg. it also had consistent dmg and wasnt relying on cooldowns.
    No enhance did not have consistent dmg it had no dmg... and mages got bloodlust which made taking enh and ele pretty bad their utility wasnt enough to justify it and they were also meh in pvp. cataclysm was resto shaman being OP and enh and ele sucking because they shared a kit with resto and blizzard refused to balance it properly. it was the worst time for enh and ele by far...

MoP enh had way more utility than cata and it had more dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    No enhance did not have consistent dmg it had no dmg... and mages got bloodlust which made taking enh and ele pretty bad their utility wasnt enough to justify it and they were also meh in pvp. cataclysm was resto shaman being OP and enh and ele sucking because they shared a kit with resto and blizzard refused to balance it properly. it was the worst time for enh and ele by far...

MoP enh had way more utility than cata and it had more dmg.
    Enhancement shamans were still fine, yes other melees were generally better due to more flexibility and better defensive CDs but there was nothing wrong with Enhancement during Cataclysm. Their DPS was fine - they just lacked any meaningful offensive CDs whatsoever but their DPS was always a straightline, reliable and always there, whereas other classes fell off after their CDs expired. Enhancement in Dragon Soul got a big AoE buff (non-existent before) and was actually super strong on Madness of Deathwing due to some environmental effect where your damage packets proc'd another damage packet, which made fire nova insane due to so many packets (even though its raw damage wasn't anywhere near WoD levels). The world first kill on Madness had an enhancement topping the meters by far. A decent enhancement could go high on the meters in Cataclysm if fights weren't too fast (ie. progression when it mattered).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGZlcm2v0Q

That was Firelands, before Enh got their big AoE buff in Dragon Soul. Back then Enhancement was only its stable single target and had absolutely no AoE potential whatsoever. That was a world challenging progression kill and you can see how well the enhancement was doing.
    Last edited by mmoc0df596f2b8; 2016-09-03 at 02:07 AM.