Call to the void question

I read a couple blue posts about its stats and things. But I can't seem to find anything confirming if it generates insanity for the priest or not. Can anyone confirm or deny if it generates insanity and if so does it also get buffed from surrender to madness?

thanks

Doubtful, as it is a separate entity and not you.

I don't believe it does, never saw anything from it in any of the simulations I ran on AMR and SimC, and don't remember any formidable TC'ers talk about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks really pretty though - since you will probably get 2 Artifact Dragons by the time you are 110, and Sphere of Insanity is such garbage, I recommend taking Call To The Void at around 103/104 when you get your first one. It keeps your mind flay slow active for kiting the tougher mobs.

Then by the time you are 110, you'll be around the point where you get your second Artifact Dragon, so grab Mass Hysteria at that time. While Mass Hysteria is way better than either Sphere or Call, we just don't spend long enough in Voidform while leveling to get much use out of Mass Hysteria while questing/dungeoning.

I don't know what their intent with Sphere is, it is mindbogglingly bad IMO.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It looks really pretty though - since you will probably get 2 Artifact Dragons by the time you are 110, and Sphere of Insanity is such garbage, I recommend taking Call To The Void at around 103/104 when you get your first one. It keeps your mind flay slow active for kiting the tougher mobs.

Then by the time you are 110, you'll be around the point where you get your second Artifact Dragon, so grab Mass Hysteria at that time. While Mass Hysteria is way better than either Sphere or Call, we just don't spend long enough in Voidform while leveling to get much use out of Mass Hysteria while questing/dungeoning.

I don't know what their intent with Sphere is, it is mindbogglingly bad IMO.
    This is completely wrong. There is not a chance in hell you'll get two golden traits by the time you ding 110. You'll need to unlock 20+ traits to do that. I'm at 16 now and thats a LOT. It only gets more expensive from there. You're looking at a lot of hours play time at 110 to get a second golden dragon (as in you'll have it for raids)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    This is completely wrong. There is not a chance in hell you'll get two golden traits by the time you ding 110. You'll need to unlock 20+ traits to do that. I'm at 16 now and thats a LOT. It only gets more expensive from there. You're looking at a lot of hours play time at 110 to get a second golden dragon (as in you'll have it for raids)
    "Completely wrong!"... but you'll have it by raids. Okay

I said we won't get much use out of Mass Hysteria while questing/dungeoning, and given that raiding is the only other thing for PvE - you're drawing a distinction without a difference.

Cool

"Completely wrong!"... but you'll have it by raids. Okay

I said we won't get much use out of Mass Hysteria while questing/dungeoning, and given that raiding is the only other thing for PvE - you're drawing a distinction without a difference.
    Actually, Raids are released Sept 20+ so it really is completely wrong ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjignome View Post
    Actually, Raids are released Sept 20+ so it really is completely wrong ^^
    What progress are you failing on, due to taking CttV first, prior to Sept 20th?

What progress are you failing on, due to taking CttV first, prior to Sept 20th?
    You're misunderstanding. You said twice in the post I quoted earlier that you'll have ~2 dragon traits unlocked "by the time you are 110". This is not true. It will take you a couple of weeks at max level to reach a second golden trait. But sure, go ahead and give me the sarcastic mr rolley eyes for peddling incorrect information and then misunderstanding what I even said after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're misunderstanding. You said twice in the post I quoted earlier that you'll have ~2 dragon traits unlocked "by the time you are 110". This is not true. It will take you a couple of weeks at max level to reach a second golden trait. But sure, go ahead and give me the sarcastic mr rolley eyes for peddling incorrect information and then misunderstanding what I even said after that.
    What's there to misunderstand? Your point was that you won't get a second dragon by 110, but you will have it by raids, is that correct? Did I misunderstand that?

Now, go back to my point - which is that while questing/dungeoning, a non-build-up, single target damage + slow is more valuable for the short duration voidforms you will get, questing/dungeoning, than is mass hysteria.

To point out that I'm "completely wrong" about 110, but not about raiding - is irrelevant: because you will still be fighting world quest mobs and doing normal/heroic dungeons, which means running between quick kills, jogging to the next dungeon pack/room, waiting on dungeon boss RP - all of which ruins Mass Hysteria's value, but has zero impact on the value of CttV. As I said, Mass Hysteria is "way better" - but only when it's useful - and it's not useful until raids - so the incorrect information that I'm peddling is irrelevant to anyone who raids - because raiders will ~all have both by Sept 20th.

So what, really, does it matter what order you pick them in - if the one that is mathematically superior on a raid boss, cannot be used on a raid boss, until you have both?

since you will probably get 2 Artifact Dragons by the time you are 110,
    No. Incorrect.

Then by the time you are 110, you'll be around the point where you get your second Artifact Dragon,
    Incorrect information. When you reach 110 you are not "around the point where you get your second trait." When you reach 110 you are weeks away from your second trait. I find what you are saying (about the timing of traits) very misleading.

Yvaelle, saying its irrelevant to everyone that raids doesnt make your orgiginal information any less wrong. The majority doesnt raid, you know? Just admit your mistake and move on...
    OT: i went mass hysteria direction and i got the gold dragon trait a while after hitting 110. Not sure if people get Call to the void faster or not. Since im mostly doing dungeons im tempted to respec and go CttV direction, is it a huge ST loss or just a bit? I feel like the extra mind flay could be very useful when doing world content as well. And you lose some dot damage from minor traits as well. Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Yvaelle, saying its irrelevant to everyone that raids doesnt make your orgiginal information any less wrong. The majority doesnt raid, you know?
    In which case taking mass hysteria at 103/104 is even less desirable for them, since they are even less likely to be in a voidform long enough to make good use of it.

Just admit your mistake and move on...
    I would be happy to apologize for saying 110 when saying, "before raids" would have been more accurate phrasing, but I'm not at all willing to endorse the reverse position that is implied, "Shadowpriests must get Mass Hysteria at 103 or your completely wrong!" See why I'm hesitant to simply apologize?

OT: i went mass hysteria direction and i got the gold dragon trait a while after hitting 110. Not sure if people get Call to the void faster or not. Since im mostly doing dungeons im tempted to respec and go CttV direction, is it a huge ST loss or just a bit? I feel like the extra mind flay could be very useful when doing world content as well. And you lose some dot damage from minor traits as well. Thoughts?
    Just stick with the one you have, but aim to get both, you will have both so quickly it won't be worth the respec cost
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-09-03 at 05:39 PM.

In which case taking mass hysteria at 103/104 is even less desirable for them, since they are even less likely to be in a voidform long enough to make good use of it.

I would be happy to apologize for saying 110 when saying, "before raids" would have been more accurate phrasing, but I'm not at all willing to endorse the reverse position that is implied, "Shadowpriests must get Mass Hysteria at 103 or your completely wrong!" See why I'm hesitant to simply apologize?

Just stick with the one you have, but aim to get both, you will have both so quickly it won't be worth the respec cost
    This has nothing to do with mass hysteria (or any other talent choice). It's to do with your assertion that people will have 2 golden dragons "about the time they reach 110". They will not. It's the third time I've said it. It's also the last time because you clearly don't care to understand.

People will NOT have ~22 traits for a second golden "when they reach 100". It will be weeks afterwards. You're a mod here. It's sort of incumbent on you to give accurate information isn't it?

15+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with mass hysteria (or any other talent choice).
    It's a thread about an artifact choice, and my post that you are quarreling over is about which artifact choice to aim for first. All of the on-topic context in the thread, is about artifact dragon choices.

It's to do with your assertion that people will have 2 golden dragons "about the time they reach 110". They will not.
    And you're correct, point out to me where I defended that error? Not once. The problem is, it isn't relevant to the context of what I was saying (that CttV is an arguably better first choice than Mass Hysteria regardless of S2M interaction), or the context of the decision the OP is making (is CttV an interesting choice).

People will NOT have ~22 traits for a second golden "when they reach 100". It will be weeks afterwards.
    Ok. Now - is that the question the OP is asking? (Hint: No) Was it an essential assumption to the point I was making? (Hint: No)

You are going to get one dragon very early on, and you are going to get two dragons before you raid. One dragon is far and away the best for raid bosses. One dragon is arguably better for leveling, world questing, and dungeoning. The third dragon is useless. So if you aren't a raider, you will probably get more mileage out of CttV. If you are a raider, you will have both CttV and Mass Hysteria before the point at which Mass Hysteria matters.

You're a mod here. It's sort of incumbent on you to give accurate information isn't it?
    Before we ascended to mod-hood, every mod was born a human - are you devastated to learn that we're not infallible?

It's a thread about an artifact choice, and my post that you are quarreling over is about which artifact choice to aim for first. All of the on-topic context in the thread, is about artifact dragon choices.
    Fourth time I'll say this (and I thought third time was a charm). Not once did I even mention (let alone quarrel) about which trait to go for first.

The beginning and end of my "beef" is you telling people they will have their second golden dragon about the time they ding 110. This is misleading and incorrect.

And you're correct, point out to me where I defended that error? Not once. The problem is, it isn't relevant to the context of what I was saying (that CttV is an arguably better first choice than Mass Hysteria regardless of S2M interaction), or the context of the decision the OP is making (is CttV an interesting choice).
    Am I meant to interpret your little roll eyes emoticon as you not being snarky?

Ok. Now - is that the question the OP is asking? (Hint: No) Was it an essential assumption to the point I was making? (Hint: No)

You are going to get one dragon very early on, and you are going to get two dragons before you raid. One dragon is far and away the best for raid bosses. One dragon is arguably better for leveling, world questing, and dungeoning. The third dragon is useless. So if you aren't a raider, you will probably get more mileage out of CttV. If you are a raider, you will have both CttV and Mass Hysteria before the point at which Mass Hysteria matters.
    Once again, I never alluded to any golden trait being the one you should go for. My mention of raids was to set a timeframe. You've completely mis-understood why I mentioned raids.) Replace it with "it will take a couple of weeks to get a second golden"

From your post, a perfectly logic inference would be that whatever golden dragon we get first is irrelevant because we'll have the second when we ding 110 right? wrong!

Imagine you're new to Legion and you ding 110 thinking the valuable second golden dragon is imminent (ya'know because a priest mod said so). Then you find out "imminent" means "weeks away". Would you feel like this site provided quality information?

Before we ascended to mod-hood, every mod was born a human - are you devastated to learn that we're not infallible?
    We're all human. That means we all make mistakes. That means from time to time you need to own up to them. That seems beyond you.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2016-09-04 at 12:42 PM.