Dagger waifu won't talk

I was very excited about the shadow priest artifact, as I loved the idea of an evil dagger talking to me. However, after playing several hours, my new waifu has only spoken once. I didn't play in beta, so I'm not sure how often it happened then. I get it that if it was TOO often, it would get old after a while. But anyone else feels like your sentient blade should be conversing with you a little bit more?

Deleted
    I wish the thing would shut up and become a saff

It seems to talk more when doing dungeons and such. She's had several lines pertaining to specific bosses in dungeons.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Certain areas triggers it more often it's said.. Also heard of people having it talk more after being un-equipped and then re-equipped, but I don't know if there's any truth to it..

Artifact special flavors (visual effects, sounds effects, etc) seem to happen more often as you gain artifact power for that artifact. Which makes sense; the weird things it does should become more frequent as it becomes more powerful. The Fire Mage artifact lights corpses on fire, but it didn't start doing that for me until I had a couple of traits unlocked.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    She has been talking a lot to me since I reached 110. I can post some Screenshots later.

Anyone else feel like dagger waifu sounds too.... pretty? I was expecting something more dark and sinister, instead I get someone who could be my hot high school guidance counselor.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Anyone else feel like dagger waifu sounds too.... pretty? I was expecting something more dark and sinister, instead I get someone who could be my hot high school guidance counselor.
    Absolutely.

I hate the voice of it, I expected a neutral, monstrous, Old-Godey voice. When the dagger talks to me I can't imagine an old god, I just hear a woman's voice. For me it breaks the fantasy/immersion quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    That could be intentional. Keep in mind that the dagger is likely trying to seduce you with promises of power, not scare you away. It makes sense that it would try to seem likable.

Mine keeps saying "Boring."

I get to low hp a lot from big pulls, seems to trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    Absolutely.

I hate the voice of it, I expected a neutral, monstrous, Old-Godey voice. When the dagger talks to me I can't imagine an old god, I just hear a woman's voice. For me it breaks the fantasy/immersion quite a bit.
    It's there for the sex appeal of the frustrated virgins in their 30s.

Yes, I am mad about this.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Mine was really silent while leveling to the point where I suspected it to be bugged. However, after turning 110 (and subsequently lvling it) it talks a lot more. Still pretty rare (once a day on average), but it does seem to trigger more often in dungeons.

As far as the voice goes: I like it. It sounds almost seducing, which fits with a being that's manipulating you. Also, it just says damn right spooky shit, hinting at an Old God expansion.. a lot. If she ever tells me I get to become a sentient object that gets to manipulate and talk some insecurities into adventurers, I'm switching sides.

Deleted
    Absolutely.

Remember that it is basically a succubus that tries to seduce you and makes you do what you want.
    The whole part of your artifact quest where she saids you need to drain the dark and basically power her up should give it away.
    The last thing she wants to do is scare you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine
    Remember that it is basically a succubus that tries to seduce you and makes you do what you want.
    The whole part of your artifact quest where she saids you need to drain the dark and basically power her up should give it away.
    The last thing she wants to do is scare you away.
    I get that, and even if it make sense, I still don't like the idea. I would have preferred some kind of jailer-prisoner relationship or something, not a of succubus. The idea that my priest should be tempted/persuaded/put off guard just because it hears a woman voice doesn't appeal to me.

I get that, and even if it make sense, I still don't like the idea. I would have preferred some kind of jailer-prisoner relationship or something, not a of succubus. The idea that my priest should be tempted/persuaded/put off guard just because it hears a woman voice doesn't appeal to me.
    Considering its a priest weapon, I'm surprised it's not trying to simulate a child's voice xD

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Shadow priests cant have nice things, we're a hybrid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It's there for the sex appeal of the frustrated virgins in their 30s.

Yes, I am mad about this.
    Haha yeah, I especially find it out of place because it's not as if there was a similar seduction scenario/woman's voice element found in Ulduar and tied to Yogg-Saron...

Oh wait. Maybe Sif, Sara, etc... will ring a bell?

Xal is quite up front with you fron the beginning: it is going to test your mind at all times and try to overcome you because it enjoys breaking powerful people. My assumption is that Old Gods also despise the Legion and you're practical for now as a wielder.

Also, if you're genuinely mad about a voice you can mute in a video game... you might need new things in your life.

Edit: Might have been spoilerish.
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2016-09-06 at 08:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Absolutely.

What are you saying? That old gods can't be sexy?!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Excuse me, but I think everyone is missing the real point here.

Why is nobody calling it the obvious thing?

Dagger Waifu?

No.

Knifu.

I'll show myself out.

Deleted
    Mine has spoken quite a lot actually, do you have sound enabled? i was questing the other day and she said "boring.." was wondering who said it until i read the chat box and noticed my weapons name lol