Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just dingen level 110. And now questing has become really hard?

I've been loving the scaling in Legion so far. It's nice to be able to chose whichever zone you want to do, in whatever order you feel like doing them. And it's nice to never feel that you are out-levelling the zone you are currently playing in.

But there seems to be something off with the scaling the moment you hit level 110. I though the scaling was also going to take into consideration your item level, and not only base it purely on your characters level. But that can clearly not be the case.

I'm at the last portion of Azuna, and I still have Val'Shera left to do and I enjoy doing the questing before I start gearing and doing all the max level, end-game goodness.

But as soon as I dinged level 110, things started to feel like a real pain in Azuna. Regular mobs is taking a long time to kill compared to when I was questing at level 100-109. And where I could take on multiple mobs with ease as long as I had my AoE and defensive off cool-down I can no longer survive being attacked by a pack of mobs if they are on cool-down.

And the "normal" rares, not the ones that are located in designated level 110 zones meant for several players are now taking forever to kill and some of them I'm simply not able to take out at all. Take "Arcanist Shal'iman" in Azuna for instance. It's next to impossible for me to take on this rare mob.

This is really killing the questing experience for me. Is it supposed to work this way, or is there something wrong with the scaling at max level?

I expected this would happen, but the administrator just would not listen

I wonder if it's like Proving Grounds used to be, where the higher your item level the harder it was - meaning at max level, PG was easier at 600 ilvl then 700 ilvl, so people just put some gear in the bank.
    It would be nice if they could get the scaling tech right.

i can agree with this one. its not just that lvl110 questing is painful, it also feels unrewarding.

Deleted
    Yeah, mobs get around 100% more HP and start hitting like a truck the moment you reach 110. It's especially noticeable as a class that wears cloth. Before you could pull 5+ mobs without dying, now you have to use cooldowns for 1-2. It's like every mob is an elite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    And the "normal" rares, not the ones that are located in designated level 110 zones meant for several players are now taking forever to kill and some of them I'm simply not able to take out at all. Take "Arcanist Shal'iman" in Azuna for instance. It's next to impossible for me to take on this rare mob.
    Everything I've found indicates that ARcanist Shal'iman is for a world quest at 110. Which makes it a non-scaling 110 npc. So it should be hard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone highly sceptical to the entire scaling idea.. I still remain sceptical o.O

Hoping they will be quick in re-tuning this. A level-up is supposed to make you feel stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Was farming mobs for skinning at 109 and could pull as many as I could find. Then I dinged 110 and left to sell stuff. When I came back and tried that again they promptly killed me.

I understand why they're so much stronger considering our ilvl will continue to grow but damn is it frustrating to know that your ability to grind for gold was hampered because you character leveled up.
    Just need to get some better gear then

I had issues right when I hit 110, but now my ilvl has gone to about 825 and I'm back to pulling 7-8 mobs at a time without any issues when questing. I think the scaling at 110 just jumped a bit more since it's the final jump
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

7+ Year Old Account
    You have to understand that from this point out, you'll consistently be getting better and better gear, and the mobs scale by level, not ilvl. This means as you get stronger, mobs will get easier. I understand that it stinks right now, but it will get easier as things drop for you.

I just now learned of this from this post. This may seem fine, and it truly is, but why does it make me feel disappointed that I am leveling faster than 2.5 per zone? I want certain things to be harder at 110, but 75% of my leveling experience is the story and lore. Now, I don't want to hit 110 before finishing up the first 4 zones

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Was farming mobs for skinning at 109 and could pull as many as I could find. Then I dinged 110 and left to sell stuff. When I came back and tried that again they promptly killed me.

I understand why they're so much stronger considering our ilvl will continue to grow but damn is it frustrating to know that your ability to grind for gold was hampered because you character leveled up.
    It's poor game design. With this system, players who are looking to farm etc, would be better off unlocking xp gains on their characters at 109. It's really poorly designed. You should never feel weaker when leveling up, it goes against the entire concept, against core mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    It's poor game design. With this system, players who are looking to farm etc, would be better off unlocking xp gains on their characters at 109. It's really poorly designed. You should never feel weaker when leveling up, it goes against the entire concept, against core mechanics.
    Actually no, the end level is where the game begins - the journey begins when you hit 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Just need to get some better gear then
    Valid, BUT - Where is one to get gear, if all the mobs eat one alive?
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Soo, should we run PvP/Dungeons to gear before continuing to quest at max level?

Sucks though, this expansion seems focused on doing world-stuff and then bars you from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post
    Valid, BUT - Where is one to get gear, if all the mobs eat one alive?
    dungeons?
    world quests in a group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    Soo, should we run PvP/Dungeons to gear before continuing to quest at max level?

Sucks though, this expansion seems focused on doing world-stuff and then bars you from it.
    you could still go create a group and world quest.

Formerly known as Arafal

Really? I have zero problems questing at max level.
    Maybe you're doing to wrong?

Dinged 110 on my hunter today and i had no problem.Killing 3-4 mobs with no problem.And i play without pet

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Dinged 110 on my hunter today and i had no problem.Killing 3-4 mobs with no problem.And i play without pet
    Most of the people who are crying are probably doing 1 button rotations and don't know half of their abilities even with the prune.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    i can agree with this one. its not just that lvl110 questing is painful, it also feels unrewarding.
    It actually is rewarding but you have to be lucky. >__<