Deleted

Jewelcrafting - Gemchips

Do you guys get a shitload of those too?

feels like 80-90% of my prospected ore gives me Gem Chips, rare gems feel like impossible to get.

Do you use mass prospecting?

I think those "mass prospecting" skills are bugged atm. When I use this on 100 Ores (5 Casts) the output were 2-3 gems ... when I do prospecteing those 100 Ores with old style I get like 20 ...

Deleted
    ye seems like it
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by funkiwi View Post
    Do you use mass prospecting?

I think those "mass prospecting" skills are bugged atm. When I use this on 100 Ores (5 Casts) the output were 2-3 gems ... when I do prospecteing those 100 Ores with old style I get like 20 ...
    I had the same problem last night, I thought I was just unlucky lol. I only used Mass Prospecting once on a 100 stack and had similar results, went back to the old style for now also.

JC feels awful at the moment. Crafting one 815 piece costs like 20k+ on my server just for the mats alone. Dropped like 5k on ore and got like 3-4 rare gems out of it and only a handful of greens. I really don't understand why they made the amulets/rings cost so much. Basically every other crafted gear is on the AH except JC stuff.

Deleted
    And as usual the low ranked stuff is nigh on useless, even level 3 crafted items are less than 800 ilvl.

Deleted
    dunno the the amount of gems i am getting out of prospecting seems terrible low. I got like 7 blue out of 200 ore, not using mass prospect.

Yeah, I have to say Jewelcrafting feels pretty shit at the moment with all of our stuff locked behind multiple layers of RNG. I feel like I'd be more useful to the guild as a leatherworker churning out those bracers so people can get obliterum...

I thought I am the only one who found JC incredibly expensive. I switched to JC from tailoring, ands now really regret it. The cost of 815 ring is about 10-15k gold, while some leather or cloth crafts cost 500g and annihilate output is quite equal. So I've just dropped JC for LW on my mage.

Prospecting is weird... 135 felslate ore... gemchip... gemchip.... gemchip...[x25x] and then suddenly - eye of prophecy x3 - eye of prophecy x5, I mean WTF? Bug or feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    dunno the the amount of gems i am getting out of prospecting seems terrible low. I got like 7 blue out of 200 ore, not using mass prospect.
    If I got 7 blue from 200 ore I'd be jumping for joy right now at the current rate. I've prospected over 600 ore and only gotten around 7 blue gems total, and still zero pandemonite or eye of prophecy gems, only the mastery and haste ones so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Prospecting is weird... 135 felslate ore... gemchip... gemchip.... gemchip...[x25x] and then suddenly - eye of prophecy x3 - eye of prophecy x5, I mean WTF? Bug or feature?
    There doesn't seem to be any RNG protection, which means that feast, famine, and everything in between are all equally likely.

I find it rather annoying considering in the past prospecting would always give you gems. Green quality gems most of the time, but gems nonetheless. Now we just get gem chips which are useless.

Yup, prospecting is terrible for rate of actual gems. I explained what developers had planned for gemchips and the "mini game" feature within it within the video here, 3:27 mark.

Deleted
    so where to get gems?...

mining ore is terrible slow compared to skinning. Got like 7 blues out of 400 gems. Such wow.
    Last edited by mmoceb9bfc9bf8; 2016-09-04 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    so where to get gems?...

mining ore is terrible slow compared to skinning. Got like 7 blues out of 400 gems. Such wow.
    I aim for the gem finding shoulder enchant from honored court of forandis.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-04 at 07:48 AM.

you need to be revered ... one of the things I dont unterstand because for herbs you just need to be honored

Deleted
    Perhaps because gems are shiny which pleases my inner goblin. And herbs are just... Herbs. I find that plain sillly, too