Thread: Balance PVP

Balance PVP

Hey guys!

I'm curious about a few things regarding boomkins in area. First off, what's the best way to deal with a melee class? As of right now, it seems almost impossible to create a gap between any melee class for more than a couple milli seconds. Is there an optimal talent build to help deal with this?

Also, how does full moon fit into the rotation as it seems almost impossible to get its long cast time off against any opponent that is actively interrupting?

Thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dealing with melee: Not too much in the talent tree but I would take Warrior of Elune for insta-casts, Displacer Beast for GTFO situations and Mighty Bash/Mass Entanglement depending on if I'm doing mostly solo PvP or group PvP. Otherwise just your normal caster advice: bait interrupts, use instants.

Full Moon: Save your Moonkin form insta-casts for it, otherwise you'll just need to get distance as best as you can.

I honestly have not spent much time with Balance so someone here will probably provide better answers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Full Moon: Save your Moonkin form insta-casts for it, otherwise you'll just need to get distance as best as you can.
    Insta-casts don't seem to work with MoonMoon spells... I saw some beta videos where it worked but on live server it doesn't, maybe bug?

The tooltip for Owlkin Frenzy reads "damaging spells," so it's either a bug or they need to change some tooltip to make it less confusing. Having Full Moon able to be insta-cast sounds a little insane though. Probably working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by polymor View Post
    Insta-casts don't seem to work with MoonMoon spells... I saw some beta videos where it worked but on live server it doesn't, maybe bug?
    That is super disappointing to hear. I feel like Full Moon insta-casts take enough RNG and effort to be balanced. Not like you can insta-cast back to back Full Moons. /shrug

This was changed in the beta due to the insane burst it provided in 3v3 arena. Was pretty sweet while it lasted though.

Like the guy above me said, since they removed stampeding roar it's really difficult to keep your distance from melee, aside from mighty bash + displacer beast, there isn't any way to cast full moon fast, although the final artifact trait might help with it (the haste one), but it's gonna require a lot of building up.

Talking from the perspective of a guy who has done casual+ moonkin pvp since tbc, last expansion was actually really good in terms of burst, but I prefer the less rng of this expansion.

So far I mostly been sort of successful combining astral communion along with warrior of elune and some dots for 2 starsurges + 2 empowered lunar strikes, along with owlkin frenzy solar wrath that will probably proc.
    Ofc you use all the above only when the melee guy gives you no other options, you can still use the displacer + mighty bash and throw some moons on him, also generating astral power.

I guess when we'll get our cyclone from pvp talents it's gonna be easier to cast full moon on a cycloned target.
    Last edited by yigaltheking; 2016-09-06 at 06:26 AM.

Just evade any pvp at moment its S5 again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yigaltheking View Post
    I guess when we'll get our cyclone from pvp talents it's gonna be easier to cast full moon on a cycloned target.
    Also , this doesnt work vs halfbraindead since they gave melees ranged instant ccs/interupts.