10+ Year Old Account

Legion and GPU temps

Hey all.
    So since 7.0, my video card has been running quite hot. Yes I understand about the higher graphic settings that came with the patch.

I play with all sliders on 10, at 1440p on a Gsynic monitor with my frame cap set to 120fps with an EVGA 980ti Classified with
    the latest Nvidia game ready drivers.
    After 30mins of play, my vcard can be hitting 78-82c

Every other game I own doesn't push temps that high.
    Much higher graphic engines such as these. Fallout4, Deus Ex, Doom, Witcher 3 on ultra settings at 1440p, I never go above 72-73c

For whatever reason WoW is pushing the temp higher, I don't like flirting with 80c.
    So I've started setting custom fan profiles, which is annoying. I don't like having to do this for one game.

Has anyone else noticed WoW causing higher than normal temps?

Rest of system:
    4770k @ 4.6ghz
    16gb DDR1600
    Asus Maximus VI Z87 mobo
    Samsung 850 Pro 1tb
    Win10 Pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Max temp for that card is around 90° C. You're fine but I'd still probably make sure the case is well cleaned.
    Case and card are cleaned and behind filters with good circulation. Yea I know 90 is the high end. Still kind of bugs me. Frustrating that it's only WoW pushing those temps. Guess it is the un-optimized engine =(

If you don't like your card running that hot, your options are to lower the game settings, upgrade the drivers, ensure proper cooling, or to buy a new card.