Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Things you wish you knew before becoming a warlock

When I was an apprentice I got kicked out of mage school for messing with "forbidden" magics or some such nonsense. After a bit of self study I was approached by another practitioner of the fel arts. She took me under her wing and started me on the path to becoming a full fledged warlock. Under her tutelage I learned to summon demons, cast curses, and mastered magics, fel, shadow, and fire. I became a master. I slew elemental lords, dragon aspects, old gods, even the Lich King himself. I eventually became a member of the Council of the Black Harvest and Netherlord of the Dreadscar Rift.

It wasn't always easy though, and there are some things I wish my former master had warned me about beforehand.

1 - Felhounds have to be walked at least twice a day or they will chew up the furniture and pee on the rug. Have you ever tried to get fel-pee out of a carpet? Not fun.

2 - Succubi are super needy. If you ignore a contracted succubus she'll start whispering you all the time asking where you are and when you're coming back. Don't put her on ignore though. She'll just start stalking you and making sad emotes until you eventually give in. Also, I'm pretty sure she seduced my boyfriend.

3 - Doomguards are dicks. You call one and he shows up all like "look at me, I'm gonna cast some doom bolts" and then gets bored and leaves after like 25 seconds. You can force him to stay longer but he gets really jealous and won't let you call any other demons while he's around. Doomguards seem to be OK with wild imps, dreadstalkers, and fel steeds, but summoning any other demons is right out.

4 - Demonic energy is incredibly unstable and spells change constantly. One day you're transforming into a demon, and the next day a bunch of dreadstalkers show up and act like they've been there all along. It's annoying and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Is there anything else my fellow warlock wish they had known going in?

Knowing that if we flew too close to the sun (mages) we would get burnt and fall out of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Knowing that if we flew too close to the sun (mages) we would get burnt and fall out of the sky.
    >Be this asshole
    >Wake up and struggle through LFR with my guild that consists of three people.
    >Decide I'm done for the day and head to twitch to watch the gospel of our Lord and Savior, Furty.
    >In between Furty-senpai's 462nd and 463rd rant about some bullshit, hear him mention he wont play his lock anymore.
    >Christ himself has abandoned us.
    >Is warlock kill?
    >Head to Serenity forums.
    >Worst fear is confirmed.
    >Cry on Serenity forums.
    >Get told to shut the fuck up and stop being a whiny baby.
    >Retreat to mmo-c.
    >See innocent-looking, off-topic thread.
    >Now's my chance.
    >"WAAAAH WAAAAAH WARLOCKS ARE DEAD, WE SHOULD ALL PLAY MAGES, BLIZZ HATES WARLOCKS"
    >Wait, that sounds too obvious.
    >Edit post to some bullshit.
    >Pure genius.
    >Flee to Reddit with my dick up my own ass and share pictures of Pepe.
    >Absolute victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    >Be this asshole
    >Wake up and struggle through LFR with my guild that consists of three people.
    >Decide I'm done for the day and head to twitch to watch the gospel of our Lord and Savior, Furty.
    >In between Furty-senpai's 462nd and 463rd rant about some bullshit, hear him mention he wont play his lock anymore.
    >Christ himself has abandoned us.
    >Is warlock kill?
    >Head to Serenity forums.
    >Worst fear is confirmed.
    >Cry on Serenity forums.
    >Get told to shut the fuck up and stop being a whiny baby.
    >Retreat to mmo-c.
    >See innocent-looking, off-topic thread.
    >Now's my chance.
    >"WAAAAH WAAAAAH WARLOCKS ARE DEAD, WE SHOULD ALL PLAY MAGES, BLIZZ HATES WARLOCKS"
    >Wait, that sounds too obvious.
    >Edit post to some bullshit.
    >Pure genius.
    >Flee to Reddit with my dick up my own ass and share pictures of Pepe.
    >Absolute victory.
    Haha, word!