Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Long dungeon queue´s but instant with zone end/quest)?

Does anyone know what is going on with the LFD queue? When I have the zone end-quest where you have to go to a dungeon I'm queued up instantly everytime. While doing other quests I am in the queue and the queue just never pops up for me. Is this a bug or intented?

I don't believe that's intended... Though it was awkward that they instantly popped at the end of each zone..

/tinfoilhat

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that queueing for specific dungeons cuts the wait time down A LOT. One would think random would be faster!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with the LFD queue? When I have the zone end-quest where you have to go to a dungeon I'm queued up instantly everytime. While doing other quests I am in the queue and the queue just never pops up for me. Is this a bug or intented?
    It proberly has something to do with that many players are doing specific queing into the dungeons, which gives their end-zone reward. This makes it so that some dungeons are easier to get into then others. Also, when you target a dungeons specific, if a group is going to be formed into that dungeon, you have priority over somebody, who is queing for a random dungeon.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

It looks like you get priority when doing the dungeon for the first time - if you try to queue specific for it again you wait. A LONG TIME.

My Qs are instant - dunno what y'all are going on about.

Perhaps you're choosing the wrong role?

Ps. On a more serious note: When you do finally get a Q pop up don't be an impatient jackass in the dungeon. Us tanks don't have to Q up for randoms. Let the tank do their job, don't stand in shit and learn situational awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    For clearification; I was queued for a specific dungeon which I need to do for my druid quest. Got the quest after I did this dungeon once already for the zone end-quest. So far I spend two evenings (!!) in queue for just this one dungeon without luck so I can't advance in my druid quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    It looks like you get priority when doing the dungeon for the first time - if you try to queue specific for it again you wait. A LONG TIME.
    Unless you're a tank or healer.

what a time to be a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    For clearification; I was queued for a specific dungeon which I need to do for my druid quest. Got the quest after I did this dungeon once already for the zone end-quest. So far I spend two evenings (!!) in queue for just this one dungeon without luck so I can't advance in my druid quest.
    Here's a crazy thought - click the guardian button to swap specs. The only extra gear you need is trinkets. You CAN get the quest done easily. You just choose not to Q as tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I also found this to be happening. Queuing after getting the end-zone quests is instant. Outside of that, an hour and a half. Same thing happening to other people in the guild, so I would say this is intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this in premade groups earlier and thought it was funny ^^

The dps imbalance has always been severe at the start of expansions but I'm not sure if it's ever been this bad. Since most level as dps, I wonder if the artifact power collected is serving as a deterrence to switch now?

Deleted
    Shouldn't be really. AP gained during leveling is nothing compared to what you need past rank 13.
    My total AP gain while leveling was liek what, 5000? Maybe even less than this.

14th trait costs 11,000. Twice as much as the entire AP gain whilst leveling up.

Idk, maybe peopel don't know about this? Maybe they find re-specing off putting due to having to farm Relics as well??

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Saw this in premade groups earlier and thought it was funny ^^

The dps imbalance has always been severe at the start of expansions but I'm not sure if it's ever been this bad. Since most level as dps, I wonder if the artifact power collected is serving as a deterrence to switch now?
    The funniest part of that shot is the group of utter ass clowns looking for il830.... May as well beg for a carry.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Since most level as dps, I wonder if the artifact power collected is serving as a deterrence to switch now?
    Probably. Artifacts have completely destroyed the concept of questing as DPS but healing/tanking dungeons. I'd happily heal that dungeon, but not at the expense of having to quest as resto.

No hyperbole, this is by far the shittiest expansion ever as far as getting dungeon groups going. I have never had such a difficult time just getting in to Normals as a DPS. I've needed to clear any version of Maw Of Souls to advance both blacksmithing and my class campaign all afternoon. Had one queue finally pop after 55 minutes, game DC'd when I clicked join, logged back in and wasn't in the group anymore. I literally can't progress my fucking character without this dungeon and I have to wait an hour just to see if I can even get in the door.

I thought it was intended but might purely be the fact of a lot of people queuing for the dungeon, maybe it gives priority if you have the quest?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

I wait about 5 secs to join, if it takes a long 10secs im fine too.
    Greetings, your healer

Deleted
    People are just stupid as usual, i got guardian artifact 1st and feral asap, quested as feral, used all arti-power for guardian...dont see a reason why other healers and tanks could not do that as well...

And yes, as a tank my qeues are instant

The queue system is currently straight up weird. I have literally no explanation that:

1) I wait 40 minutes in dps queue, dungeon pops up, sb declines, and then I wait another 20 minutes (!) for another dungeon pop-up.
    2) System says I get bonus for queueing as tank, I queue as tank, and then wait 8 minutes (???) alone in queue (shows 0/1 healers and 0/3 dps) until something pops up.

It seems like system tries to absolutely follow some unknown "guidelines" instead of straight-up matching people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.