So it's already happening. Mythics Resto Druid/Shaman only

Glad to know that for another expansion Druids will be the top tier healers. And on top of that they loaded up Shamans with a bunch more utility..because having lust wasnt enough you know?

I had no issues getting into Mythic groups in the group finder yesterday and the days before. Currently I am 840 ilvl and today I've been declined for 5 groups so far because they were looking for a shaman or druid.

I would be glad to not be part of those groups. If the group thinks that shaman/druid can only heal mythics and will only take them, they probably arn't going to do so well anyways so.

The people that only take Shaman/druid healers are prob too tryhard and tries to make up for lack of skill by going FOM classes only.

7+ Year Old Account
    How Long have you mained a priest? It's been like this forever, sans when absorbs and yech dsc was op a long time ago and then in WOD.

Hey yoiu can spec shadow! just loot option Holy!. oh.. never mind, Shadowpriest AOE blows, and that gear you get will be itemized for holy or shadow, but not both.

Welcome to the party pal. Find a good guild of good people and do what I do. Don't pug a thing. F-em.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same with how nobody wants a frost dk because unholy is flavor of the month. Keep applying to groups in lfg, eventually you will find your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    How Long have you mained a priest? It's been like this forever, sans when absorbs and yech dsc was op a long time ago and then in WOD.

Hey yoiu can spec shadow! just loot option Holy!. oh.. never mind, Shadowpriest AOE blows, and that gear you get will be itemized for holy or shadow, but not both.

Welcome to the party pal. Find a good guild of good people and do what I do. Don't pug a thing. F-em.
    Eh, would love to. But I only use pugs when I play for a reason. Have done that since wotlk.
    Question is: Reroll or wait for fixes/buffs? Or just stick with it and hope it gets better with gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runedeath1 View Post
    The people that only take Shaman/druid healers are prob too tryhard and tries to make up for lack of skill by going FOM classes only.

That is some psychological self defense triggering if i have ever seen it.

Did you consider they wanted both skill and a strong class combined, resulting in easier and faster dungeons? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post

I'm not having any luck finding a guild though. Every recruiter I talk to says they have a holy priest already and I dont see anyone looking for priests. Just resto druids mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Eh, would love to. But I only use pugs when I play for a reason. Have done that since wotlk.
    Question is: Reroll or wait for fixes/buffs? Or just stick with it and hope it gets better with gear?
    I'm curious, what is the reason?

It's funny to read things like that when Resto Shaman is most likely the worst 5 man healer in game (and the best is Monk). Shamans are great in raids because of their utility. The Shaman healing toolkit is not good at all (right now I'm stacking up to 40% healing with Riptide alone, the rest is Healing Surge spam).

I have no problems getting in groups with my monk. Probably because we are one of the best 5 man healers.

5 second ae stun, + deroot 70% movementspeedbuff + ultra leet healz, + chiji the drugabusing hyper bird + noobsaver cd (Life Cocoon)= gg.

And who needs bloodlust? I have drums .

Any healer can do mythic easily, if people are retard just form your own groups, people will join trust me .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-02 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's funny to read things like that when Resto Shaman is most likely the worst 5 man healer in game (and the best is Monk). Shamans are great in raids because of their utility. The Shaman healing toolkit is not good at all (right now I'm stacking up to 40% healing with Riptide alone, the rest is Healing Surge spam).
    Dude some of your posts are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off base. You're spreading misinformation at this point.

If you think Shamans are bad in 5 mans you've played with a bad Shaman or are a bad Shaman. I don't even know what to say about the emphasized parts of your post other than that you must be playing a different game than the rest of us.

Please go play the game at the levels you're talking about rather than relying on some random post you read here to inform you. It's obvious at this point (from posts like this and your posts in the MW thread) that you don't play the healers you talk about, at least in the environments you talk about like mythic 5 mans. I don't actually know how you could gear a Rsham up to ~820+, step into a mythic 5 man and then conclude that they're bad there. Every single respected Shaman on this board would disagree with your analysis that I highlighted above.

For the record MW is not the best 5 man spec. It's decent, but not the best by a long shot. There is a reason not a single MW cleared Mythic 10+ in the beta and yet multiple shamans and druids did as well as push higher towards 15. That was with the pre-nerfed legendaries for MW btw.

FYI; the MW legendary that made FW viable was the boots, not the legs like you keep stating in posts. Post nerf they're both pretty bad but prior to that it was the boots that allowed for 2+ minute envelopings that made FW decent.

Again, go play the specs you're commenting on to straighten out some misconceptions you have because at the moment you have a few things ass backwards.

No, I don't. If you think so... okay. Reality is different. Shamans are raid healers. In 5mans their issues are bigger than for most other classes. Maybe their Mastery covers it up but the issues are still there. The basic healing toolkit of Shamans is the worst in game. Your only option to keep a tank alive is spamming Healing Surge cause the toolkit doesn't offer anything besides that (sure Riptide and HST are ticking but they won't keep a tank from dying). Shamans in 5mans are not bad but they're far from being as good as many tend to say. Yes, Shamans are undeniably the best raid healer right now (due to Mastery and CDs) but there are better options for 5mans.

Monks might be superior in 5mans due to their toolkit. They may have less CDs (but instead the best tank CD in game) but their toolkit is stronger - as I said, Shamans may be good due to the Mastery but that's it.

And I never ever talked about Fistweaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    The basic healing toolkit of Shamans is the worst in game.
    I'm finding it difficult to take you seriously with statements like that.

Your only option to keep a tank alive is spamming Healing Surge cause the toolkit doesn't offer anything besides that (sure Riptide and HST are ticking but they won't keep a tank from dying).
    Yea using the second strongest spammable heal in the entire game along with Riptide and HST to keep a tank alive sure is tough. With mastery and tidal waves factored in Healing Surge can be literally the strongest single target spammable heal in the game. If you can't keep a tank up with that then you or the tank are doing something very wrong. Shaman ST throughput gets more insane with cooldowns and becomes by far the highest burst HPS in the game. Period.

Monks might be superior in 5mans due to their toolkit. They may have less CDs (but instead the best tank CD in game)
    If you'd played MW in mythics in the beta or kept up with what was going on you'd know that LC isn't the best tank CD in the game. Everyone and their dog knows that Ironbark is king of tank CD's. Nothing competes with it being on half the CD of every other tank CD in the game. LC also looses a lot of its effectiveness in higher mythics, especially with certain mods. Some bosses will white swing for 1m+ which means LC lasts 1 swing. It's a decent CD but it's not on the same level as Ironbark which becomes comparatively more effective as incoming damage increases as opposed to a CD like LC which becomes less effective as the incoming damage increases. LC in 10+ is going to last less than a second. It doesn't hold a candle to Ironbark.

And I never ever talked about Fistweaving.
    FW is a HPS loss over normal MW. Even with legendaries it's subpar. The only reason to FW is if you want to deal damage as well as heal. I don't see how that's relevant in a discussion in which you're talking about the viability of healers in mythic 5 mans based on their ability to dish out enough healing.

Like someone else said, I don't want to be part of those groups. If you're 840 you can do those blindfolded. The issue isn't priests, its the community so I just do them with guildies.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are declining healers lol?

My buddy and I did every single mythic this week and like 20% of the time we spent doing them was sitting around waiting for any healers at all to even sign up.

Never even noticed much difference between the heals we invited and all of us, myself, our DPS, and the heals were all pretty low ilvl... The first dungeon we ran, it was me a 817 prot pally and an 818 holy priest. Didn't really have much issue outside of bad pulls where I got trucked and that was entirely on me and not the heals.

When we did Violet Hold we literally had to afk for like half an hour before we ended up taking some shit geared 809 holy priest because no other heals signed up. And we finished that one too.

But yeah we did them all and healing was never an issue for any heals we had (3 priests, 2 monks, 2 druids, 1 shaman).

Tbh your best bet is always to find a guild or make regular friends to play with. Playing with randoms is a complete hit and miss, and I'd argue that priests are a fair bit harder to play well in dungeons than druids or shamans at the moment, even as Holy. I've had my friends whining about priest healers in particular while doing call to arms heroics, whereas I never even had any issues healing heroics with my regular group at 790 on launch day and all mythics past 820 the days after.

I'd say a bad priest stands out quite a bit in comparison with a bad druid or shaman. If you mess up your holy word & serendipity usage you suddenly become weak at both single target and AoE healing, while knowing the encounters and timing their use correctly lets you top your group up quicker than most healers and even counter bad play quite well.

Nope, people that think like that are trash. FoM chasers usually fucking suck.

sry havent been keeping up with healing priests. is disc or holy the stronger spec for mythic 5s?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    As much as I detest these pitchfork and torches trends, they are not overly indicative of a class' viability for content. It really doesn't take more than being off-balance by a percent or two, or some streamer stating a preference, and POW it's all "X can't do Y".