Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    833 8/8 mythic, ehh aoe is slow if the pack dies fast you'll be below the tank every time, you want packs to survive a good 30 seconds to keep up with other dps.

2 targets you're last on dps behind the tank again, we want 5+ for maximum maelstrom generation.

great burst but it really dies off after and you're dealing with mechanics just watching ur dps drop below others because you don't have the instants or any mobility, like why the fuck is spiritwalkers grace gone? because no-one at blizzard is actually good at the spec i assume.

solo in the world it's slow u don't really want to pull 2-3 mobs without cds, and you'll pray you crit/overload otherwise those mobs will take ages to die.

the the difference between lightning bolt no crit no overload which is like 45k dmg, vs crit+crit overload which is 197k is plain stupid, sometimes you chunk its health the others it takes 3 casts to kill a mob on 150k hp, and that's only amplified when using power of the maelstrom, 115k vs 591k dmg for 1 cast.
    Thank you for reading my mind and saving me some time. Good thoughts, right on point.

Every time I see an elemental out in the world, I help him kill his mobs to prevent him from dying, heal him up if he's my faction, and /salute him for keeping the dream alive!

Deleted
    Big issues from my perspective 840 Ele shaman 5/8 mythics

- Lightning bolt hits like a wet paper ball, base damage on it is abysmall and should be buffed substantially.
    - Mobility, man where do I start, Wrath of Ashzara and serpentrix are horror encounters on elemental, movement galore which just makes your dps drop like a brick, would love to get spirit walkers grace back that or something like ice floes that mages have.
    - Sustained AoE, the fact that I'm topping meters if I get lucky on overload procs but do shit dps when it doesn't proc on AoE irks me alot, Suggestion for this is Make overload(the arti talent) proc way more, make PotM work on chain lightning, lower the cost of earthquake totem to 25 max mealstrom and increase it's damage.

Single target burst is fine if we can turret, but Ele shaman definately needs some dev attention in 7.1 or before that.

Can EQ die? I want MoP sith lightning back.

Deleted
    I don't believe elemental needs a massive amount of changes to improve it substantially. In fact 1 simple change would make a big difference.

I'd like to see stormkeeper make lightning bolt and chain lightning instant and let the buff last for a longer time, maybe 30 seconds instead of 15. This combination would improve mobility greatly as you could activate stormkeeper on cooldown and have a bit of breathing room on the charges for when you need movement. In cases where you don't need to move as much you could also hold out on using the charges for a bit in the hopes of spending them on power of the maelstrom procs. Making lightning bolt castable while moving would be far too powerful imo.

The aoe ramp up time isn't great but most casters have a hard time with this too. If we have enough time to have multiple EQ totems down then it's pretty decent. We don't top trash meters but I think elemental brings plenty of utility for 5 mans. The 45 second cooldown aoe stun is one of the best in game, we have a very short cooldown interrupt and the knockback from EQ totem is quite powerful. People like to throw around mages in this discussion but they bring less utility than ele shamans and they still get beaten by a good melee in dungeons.

With regards to open world levelling I don't have a problem with it. I thought the survivability was pretty good and we have plenty of cooldowns available to pop when things get a little hairy. Sure we're not as faceroll as some other classes and specs but I thoroughly enjoyed leveling as elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    Making lightning bolt castable while moving would be far too powerful imo.
    How could it be too powerful? The damage of LB is abysmal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    How could it be too powerful? The damage of LB is abysmal.
    A simple damage buff is easy and I'm sure tuning is going to happen once raids hit, simply making the duration of stormkeeper longer so we can line LB up with procs will go a long way to buffing damage anyway. And it is very powerful in the sense that we would always be able to move except when we have bad procs of LvB. We would go from being overly static to being the most mobile caster. Having 3 instant LB per minute is a good balance between the two.

If LB was castable while moving then taking icefury would actually reduce our mobility which would be mental.
    Last edited by mmocca694fa5de; 2016-09-05 at 01:58 PM.

A lot of issues with ele for me. The spec just does not seem to mesh very well with its talents. One small change that would just make life a lot easier is to increase the duration of our buffs, (storm keeper, ice fury, power of maelstrom), these wouldn't be that bad if they were multiple casts. I was trying out icefury, and I kindof enjoy it, mostly bc i can't stand fire elemental anymore (too much strength in a long cd feel like dogshit when its gone -obviously personal preference). The problem I am encountering is all these procs are happening which require me to use something different before things fall off. In world pve/pvp, having enough maelstrom for frost shocks, while stunning, maybe hexing, kiting, lava procs, all these other procs, etc... you just end up not making use of them, just not practical. They seem like they are all battling each other mean while you gotta dance a lot as ele, just doesn't work well in practice.

Deleted
    They're fine in mythics and heroics on the bosses that don't take so long and require little movement. They can deal good burst for the first minute but after that, the dps will continuously drop. They can not keep up on movement fights, longer fights or fights with multiple targets. I like playing them, but I feel like many abilities are working against each other instead of synergising.

• The choice between earthquake and earth shock is not fun. If there are adds you want earthquake but you never wanna hold off using earth shock at full maelstrom and earthquake costs so much.
    • Flame shock/earth shock and lava surge are the only things you can cast on the move, but flame shock drains your maelstrom and lasts so long that you don't need to cast it that often. Lava surge procs are pretty much the only things you can use on the move and they removed spiritwalker's grace. Any movement required in a fight is almost guaranteed to completely halt your damage. If flame shock didn't drain maelstrom it would be better because then at least you can reapply your dot.
    • Then there is the Stormkeeper combined with power of the maelstrom. Since you will be casting lightning bolts constantly, you can rarely combine these two buffs which seems like they should play off each other. So you want to hold off using stormkeeper till you get this buff, but that's a dps loss if it takes too long. This just gets frustrating if power of the maelstrom doesn't want to proc. Also stormkeeper is on the global cooldown which just feels terrible.

Dpsers needs at least good mobility or good damage and currently elemental shamans have none of those.
    Remember, they sim low on patchwerk fights and they have terrible mobility. I can't imagine them being good on any actual bossfight in their current stage.

Also I really miss the chain lightning spam on AoE. Even though it's simple, it's just the most satisfying thing in the world. Earthquake completely breaks that flow. They should make earthquake a pvp ability, like an aoe knockdown or something and just let me spam my chain lightning in AoE.
    Last edited by mmoc80fa3faf14; 2016-09-05 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    This spec is incredibly reliant on good RNG. You can be doing 1/4 of the damage you would otherwise do with bad procs on cleave/AoE and poor RNG on a boss makes movement extremely irritating.

I feel like everything about the spec was designed to piss the player off.

Need to move? Take a talent with a long cooldown or get lucky
    Good AoE/cleave? I didn't overload so now my DPS is lower than tanks and healers
    Need Maelstrom? Hope you proc something!
    Lightning bolt damage too low? Use Stormkeeper
    Stormkeeper? Lets just have the duration be absurdly low so you can't use them if you do get lucky
    PotM (Mirana?)? Must be a sub 5% chance to proc even though it should be 15%, get lucky

I really don't know how this spec manages to be utterly undertuned and shite every single expansion launch. Blizzard certainly love keeping traditions but couldn't they just break the habit for once?

Worst (or best) thing is, I'm still having an absolute blast with it. It's still so much fun when things go right, you feel like god, those moments of glory still make this spec so much fun. Even in PvP, you put out insane damage with the right build but melee still truck the shit out of you. I think this is why SWG was removed because if we still had it for PvP, we would be gods with the added mobility we got, being able to gain distance and do a full ascendance on someone and still having Icefury to back you up with would be so difficult to balance.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-09-06 at 09:56 AM.

After finishing up all the Mythics last night. I want to be a keener and have some warm fuzziness. And I actually enjoy playing again which is great.

But.

Our DPS is bad atm. Trash. We're low on 90% of the pulls at current gear levels.

Boss? I'd guess (was a long day of Mythics) 50% have enough movement that you'll be happy to stay within 2-3 % of other classes. On some fights it gets worse.

What can be done ?

Well it's been said above. But I'd like to see something new. Not the standard buff LB. Maybe make critical strikes increase the chance of LO and LS. Bursty but would offer a reward. Movement could be fixed with standard BS such as increase in dot damage or yet again making fire elemental always around.

Bottom line. Our spec fights itself for a feels good rotation which makes it clunky.

But as most addicts know. I just want more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ortund View Post
    So because he's only level 106, his opinion doesn't count... Or he's not entitled to have an opinion?

This is literally everything that's wrong with the WoW Community...
    He's 106, so he can't speak on Heroic damage numbers or other things like that. His experience is more than valid, but it doesn't invalidate the hundreds of other people saying Elemental is weak right now. Heck, I thought Elemental was fine until around 107/108 when I noticed mobs taking WAY too long to die. I swapped to Resto for more survivability in those last couple of levels and noticed that my Lava Burst actually HURT things in Restoration spec. There is something wrong with that scenario when the healing spec deals almost twice the damage with a spell then the caster DPS spec does.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post
    I have just done all the mythic dungeons with cookie cutter build and here's some things I'd like to note:

-The damage range on a LB cast is effing ridiculous. LB with no proc/crit does approx 40k and can probably reach 200-400k with everything proccing.
    -I couldn't outdps tanks on a single target unless I used cooldowns (Guess that kinda makes sense with the heavy investment on CD talents, but it still feels weak)
    -I got completely obliterated on groups with 2-3 targets and on 3+ groups I could be competetive if I got proper ramp up time.
    -Usually topped meters on bossfights with none to light movement and still perfoming quite good on more movement heavy fights.

So far the only problem I have with elemental is Stormkeeper being on a GCD and LB hitting some extremely low numbers.
    This sums up my feelings exactly after week 1. There is definitely some tuning that needs to happen.

While I hear the calls from some in the Ele community that our damage numbers are fine in a raid setting (according to beta logs), so much of our damage being tied up in cooldowns is a bit jarring. Movement is so ridiculously punishing for us as well. Why was SWG removed? I mean even if it was moved to a talent that would be a massive improvement.

I'm really disappointed in Elemental this patch. Mostly the ability to Solo. It's especially difficult at 110. I've since swapped to an Unholy / Blood DK and everything... literally everything is so much easier.

Here's the issues I have:
    - LB: LB non-proc is way too low. When you hit a 110 with it, it may do 5% of it's health. For the cast time, this is very week. We don't have the secondary gear level for crits / mastery to get procs.
    - LvB: LvB hits about right. I think it could be buffed a small amount. I feel like a normal class when I'm in hasted Ascendence form. (no seriously, you do about +15% damage compared to other classes when in Ascendence. You should be doing +30-40% more).
    - Earth Shock / Flame Shock / Maelstrom: Worst combination ever. I really despise this combination for solo content. I think it will work fine for raid content though. Here's how a normal pull will go... Cast FS --> Build enough Maelstrom to ES --> oh... nope, target died, can't ES. Move to next target. Oh, you lost 50 Maelstrom walking to your next target, Oh you lost another large quantity casting FS. You now have 0 Maelstrom and must work from scratch with no real benefit gained. Maelstrom is EXTREMELY weak in solo play.
    - Fire Elemental / Earth Elemental: Fire elemental is probably the best I've ever seen it... really enjoying it's damage and contribution to playstyle. Earth Elemental, is probably the worst I've ever seen it... mostly because of it's 15 second duration and how easy I've been able to pull mobs off of it. It's almost a waste of GCD.
    Stormkeeper - WHY THE CRAP DO WE HAVE TO USE A GCD FOR THIS!?!?! To me, this completely nullifies one of the LB casts. Because i could have cast LB instead of the GCD instead. Which means that Stormkeeper is worth two casts of LB. Extremely weak in comparison to other classes. Especially considering our class mechanics are wonky for solo play already.

Things we do good:
    - 1 Minute burst fights .... no really, we're really good at these.

Things we do bad:
    - AOE of any sort. Although i think there are a few other casters that are similar to us. Spriests also struggle with it. Mobs generally die too fast or there aren't enough mobs to reach high numbers. I think EQ should cost 30 Maelstrom to become truly viable.
    - Long single target fights. After our bursts, we hit like a wet noddle. Expect to be ~30% lower damage than other DPS classes.
    - Solo play, mostly due to gear and LB.

On the horizon:
    - Our secondaries scale really well (mastery and haste). Hopefully once we get some high level gear we'll notice some serious improvements.