Thread: WoW Sub loss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sub count stopped being relevant with tokens, so that's one reason they aren't reported anymore.

What's more important is that Blizz reacted to fan feedback after the debacle that was wod and worked to make Legion much better.

It's amazing how many people care about sub numbers, even after Blizzard said they won't release those figures anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Blizzard's sub numbers are up and down and while they have been slowly declining their profits are actually up year-to-year. Not to mention Legion is currently a huge hit and sub numbers are probably through the roof right now. That is my own speculation; no one has access to those numbers anymore.

My point is that there aren't as many people missing from the game as you might think there is.
    You know what they say when you assume. I would go by WoW Census, but people will disagree with me because their numbers aren't accurate. Then again, "probably" isn't more accurate. If WoW Census is anywhere near right, between America and Europe there's about 4 million active players in the game. What's that mean in subs? Who knows? Not everyone who is subbed is an active player, but then again those players probably won't stay subbed for long.

Going by WoW Census I would say about 5-6 million players are probably subbed in Europe and America, and that's not good for Legion. Its already peaked, and would likely increase much. Compared to WoD which had over 10 million subs on launch.

But like the Op said, this is a good thing and will force developers to rethink the direction WoW should go. A few steps back for WoW would be moving forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subscription numbers have become a pointless topic since Blizzard stopped reporting them. There's really nothing to discuss about them any longer since no one here knows any details.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."