Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Tomorrow? Goddamn Europeans...33 more hours until level 1 for me. 39,525 banked. I'd be so close if I didn't spend points in my alt specs...
    I am Australian and i got my First Artifact power yesterday.
    Would hate to be bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    It's not really a matter of being carried. Mythic dungeons are a joke and can be done at 710 ilvl with an empty artifact. If you are not capable of doing mythic dungeons without A2A then the problem is you, not the lack of the trait.
    at 710? Now I´m deeply humbled by your skill for I sure wouldn´t be able to do that if my entire group had that ilvl. For I am unable to avoid unavoidable dmg please teach me. Also I will tell my raid lead that he is a crap heal for not being able to keep us alive with ilvl 710 equipped and surely I will call for a replacement of our MT for being too squishy with ilvl 710.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is not a single reason to do the reset strategy.
    More DPS, that's kind of a good reason.

There is no hard content out yet, so you don't really need the super fast A2A.
    You don't *need* to take the optimal route but you don't *need* to enchant your gear either, people just like doing things the best way.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not really a matter of being carried. Mythic dungeons are a joke and can be done at 710 ilvl with an empty artifact.
    Lmao, "I wasn't carried! I was just really under-geared and relied on everyone else to make up for my shortcomings!" XD

Can anyone link how the Ashbringer looks when the points are in AFTER the respec? I'm banking right now and really would not like a mistake after the reset.

Deleted
    you basically go left until you have 3/3 wrath of the ashbringer and from there right on the bottom line back to AtA no big magic. If you spend just one point in a non dps talent you are golden

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njay View Post
    Can anyone link how the Ashbringer looks when the points are in AFTER the respec? I'm banking right now and really would not like a mistake after the reset.

I went long route am at trait 16.. im dying without it, not cause I cant clear content but because if I am crushing fools in mythics already once I get it,,,,,muwahahhaha.. and if we get a buff in the balancing patch...........Gonna be a great first raid tier in my opinion for RETS.

Didn't know about this or A2A being the main one to go for. I guess ill be resetting at some point to grab it.

So when u reset is it like you lose one full rank worth of AP? If so ill have 16 talents to use come reset.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaro View Post
    I went long route am at trait 16.. im dying without it, not cause I cant clear content but because if I am crushing fools in mythics already once I get it,,,,,muwahahhaha.. and if we get a buff in the balancing patch...........Gonna be a great first raid tier in my opinion for RETS.
    If you're crushing fools in mythics, you need to find some people that know how to play they're fucking class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Didn't know about this or A2A being the main one to go for. I guess ill be resetting at some point to grab it.

So when u reset is it like you lose one full rank worth of AP? If so ill have 16 talents to use come reset.
    You lose the AP based on the cost of the next point you would buy. So if you have spent 17 points, it will cost you whatever the 18th's AP value is. But if you say only spent 7(random #) and banked a bunch of AP, the cost would only be equivalent to the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    If you're crushing fools in mythics, you need to find some people that know how to play they're fucking class.
    "Their" And Im not sure I do, Clearing content with no wipes for days. Only time you need to play with people that know thier classes is mythic raiding. And most likely Mythic+ dungeons but that is yet to be determined. Continue mouth breathing and neckbearding --------------------------------> that way

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    The widely agreed-upon best strategy for spending artifact power for ret paladins involves spending 9 points (going directly to Ashes to Ashes through the crummy traits like Unbreakable Will and Protector of the Ashen Blade) then stopping spending your artifact power completely until you collect 67000 of it. At that point you respec your artifact, then go the long way around to Ashes to Ashes (y'know... sharpened edge, Wrath of the Ashbringer, Highlord's Judgment, Might of the Templar... Lots of really good amazing traits)
    Yea, I ignored the reset and just built the second part. There's no benefit for AtA now and I'll have AtA by the time raid opens up. What a waste of AP to reset anything.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    You lose the AP based on the cost of the next point you would buy. So if you have spent 17 points, it will cost you whatever the 18th's AP value is. But if you say only spent 7(random #) and banked a bunch of AP, the cost would only be equivalent to the 8th.
    Wish I knew that sooner thx for the info
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njay View Post
    There are two paths to A2A, what kind of mistake were you worried about making? Accidentally picking the short route again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Icy veins guide just done me big style. Rushed A2A while levelling and finally saved up my 67k, only to follow the guide and to be left fucking short of a quarter of the talents.

Its absolutely sickened me and just cba anymore now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Icy veins guide just done me big style. Rushed A2A while levelling and finally saved up my 67k, only to follow the guide and to be left fucking short of a quarter of the talents.

You either didnt actually follow the guide, or you fucked up bigtime and kept spending after rushing, so your reset cost was much higher.

15+ Year Old Account

There is no way you would have run into problems if you followed the guide 100%, you fucked up somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    There is no way you would have run into problems if you followed the guide 100%, you fucked up somehow.
    I never, I followed the guide 100% to my knowledge. Only thing I can think of is filling up ranks that had relics in., which was not made clear at all.
    Last edited by Tart; 2016-09-21 at 07:17 AM.

Deleted
    I never, I followed the guide 100% to my knowledge. Only thing I can think of is filling up ranks that had relics in., which was not made clear at all.
    I don't think relics have any effect on the cost of upgrades... might be wrong.

I just went the long way around in the 1st place and am about to get my 2nd golden trait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I don't think relics have any effect on the cost of upgrades... might be wrong.

I just went the long way around in the 1st place and am about to get my 2nd golden trait.
    They must do mate, its the only logical explanation i can give myself. I followed the first step to A2A while leveling then yesterday i finally got the 67k AP's it said i required. So i went and reset the Artifact, got refunded some AP which gave me a total of around 69k. I then went following it (reset part) step by step again to get to A2A to find i only had 3k Ap left.

If im honest im absolutely fucking fuming and have stopped playing the Paladin now. Ive persevered with this poor dps class for so long in the hope when my artifact is full i could start to compete, fat chance of that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    wow wow wow wow. Mine looks like that now. So the Artifact shouldnt be completely full after the reset?
    Last edited by Tart; 2016-09-21 at 11:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow wow wow wow. Mine looks like that now. So the Artifact shouldnt be completely full after the reset?
    Completely full? That will take a couple months. The only thing you gain from doing the reset route is that you have a2a early on.