Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Legion leveling and ganking

Hey guys!

I'm in desperate need of advice. My server used to have a healthy amount of both horde and alliance. Masstransfers to horde made it more like, idk, 90% horde or something very close to that. And as you probably already guessed, trying to level in Legion on this server, you litterary get ganked by noobs at maxlvl and allways atleast 3v1 pretty much 24/7. I don't think I've done a single quest without being jumped. So far I've spent more time fighting of hordes of horde and running to my corpse than actual leveling. Just takes all the fun out of the leveling experience atm... Even though most of them suck at pvp, theres no way I can beat off multiple lvl110's. Atm this server brings me more frustration than joy...

What should I do, 1h+ dungeon queues makes spamming that option to 110 a no go and transferring all my toons to a more balanced server would be way too costly. Any ideas?

Start over on a PvE server? That's what I did at least after having played (and being annoyed by) a PvP server since vanilla.

Haven't regretted it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh....reroll elsewhere? And a $25 transfer is "costly"? Lol...I hope you are playing with tokens ten because if you can't fork out a measly $25 then why are you playing a monthly sub game. Your options are limited and simple, transfer or start over elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Uh....reroll elsewhere? And a $25 transfer is "costly"? Lol...I hope you are playing with tokens ten because if you can't fork out a measly $25 then why are you playing a monthly sub game. Your options are limited and simple, transfer or start over elsewhere.
    he was saying costly for all his toons.

not just the one, man you got a carrot up your arse?

but on topic, yeah its a bitch, thats why blizzard has pve servers.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

It does bring up the demand for mass character transfers, which is something I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't implemented after all these years.

Deleted
    not much you can do if you want to avoid pvp on a pvp server. transferring wont fix the 1hour que times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It does bring up the demand for mass character transfers, which is something I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't implemented after all these years.
    Would be nice to have 4 characters transferred for about 80 euros instead of 100
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    I have thought of starting over but that would most likely be on a balanced pvp server. What I enjoy most in wow Khubbo is pvp, but what I'm getting now is not pvp, atleast not in my eyes since I stand no chance at all in these "fights". A good ending for me is when I manage to kill one of them before I die at the hands of the other hordes. Or if I manage to jump of a cliff to run away. It's really timeconsuming though and by the time I come back up I just get jumped again... Anyway, I've invested so many years in my characters and abandoning them and starting over from scratch is something I'm not too keen on doing. I'm still considering starting over on a balanced pvp server though.

And yes Kikazz it would cost too much to transfer my characters. It would cost me 275 USD which is way too expensive imo. Ofc I can afford it but it's not worth that kind of money imo. I would probably do a masstransfer if there was such a thing that had a much more resonable pricetag.

Thanks for the input guys, atm I'm leaning towards abandoning my characters and starting over from scratch, even though I really don't want to.

Yesssss this makes me happy, I leveled to 110 within 8 hours and since then I've been doing literally nothing except camping lowbies I'm still ilvl805 for Christ sakes! After millions of hate mail and whispers and posts like this all I can say is worth
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Is it still possible to group with someone who is on a PvE server? I haven't been keeping up with how the whole linked realm thing works in Legion, but that has been an option for the last couple of expansions. I know what I've done before is get a friend on a PvE server to invite me on some lowbie character he doesn't care about then log off, so I'm technically still in a group with his character. If that's still possible, it helps a lot for avoiding "PvP" with gankers while you level.

Although you won't be able to do it forever, and if you have a population balance problem, life is probably still going to suck even when you get to 110. Being level capped and even geared isn't going to help much when there's nothing but a sea of red nameplates every time you go to a contested zone.

And yeah, I agree, the cost of transferring characters is pretty stupid. Should be some kind of discount (or just a mass transfer option) if you want to transfer all of them from server A to server B.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-09-03 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    he was saying costly for all his toons.

not just the one, man you got a carrot up your arse?

but on topic, yeah its a bitch, thats why blizzard has pve servers.
    He is right, can't really complain, the OP selected a PvP server with some favorable numbers to the opposing faction I guess? Or just quite competitive world.

Either cough up the money to move characters, or buy a boost for a PvE server, or level one from scratch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Yesssss this makes me happy, I leveled to 110 within 8 hours and since then I've been doing literally nothing except camping lowbies I'm still ilvl805 for Christ sakes! After millions of hate mail and whispers and posts like this all I can say is worth
    Balanced PvP is too stronk for you, huh? :P

-

On the note of Legion leveling system and PvP though, while I feel that the zone scaling is one of the best things that has happened to WoW in terms of freedom of leveling, the chaotic nature of having way higher\way lower level players roaming around you, almost all the time, to be something that has to be looked at in the future.
    But yes, pvp will happen on WoW PvP Realms; Either handle the less savory experiences in between the awesome fights, or manually change your character(s) to a PvE Realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He is right, can't really complain, the OP selected a PvP server with some favorable numbers to the opposing faction I guess? Or just quite competitive world.

Either cough up the money to move characters, or buy a boost for a PvE server, or level one from scratch.
    Wow, you just assume something thats completely wrong and then go ahead base everything on that? Interesting. Actually no, you are wrong. When I started playing back in TBC the server was pretty much 50/50. A few expansions back there where masstransfers to horde side. So now it's almost unplayable while leveling since it's around 90% horde. Used to work as someone else mentioned to grp up with someone from a different server. Doesn't seem to work that way any longer though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naelwen View Post
    Wow, you just assume something thats completely wrong and then go ahead base everything on that? Interesting. Actually no, you are wrong. When I started playing back in TBC the server was pretty much 50/50. A few expansions back there where masstransfers to horde side. So now it's almost unplayable while leveling since it's around 90% horde. Used to work as someone else mentioned to grp up with someone from a different server. Doesn't seem to work that way any longer though...
    But it wasn't completely wrong. It is a PvP server, unbalanced numbers WILL happen, and you should expect that to be a chance too. There will always be a PvP server with a favorable number to one of the sides, nothing stays balanced forever - at least not until Blizzard adds a cap on how many of a faction can be above the other.

I didn't assume anything else than you picking a PvP server, the reason I marked the two other questions AS questions ('?' normally indicate as a question). So, your situation is just the third question on a list, I'm not going to write some long list when the universal answer is almost always clear for PvP servers. 'Fight through it' or 'Move on'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Although you won't be able to do it forever, and if you have a population balance problem, life is probably still going to suck even when you get to 110. Being level capped and even geared isn't going to help much when there's nothing but a sea of red nameplates every time you go to a contested zone.
    I have tried the serverhopping method, doesnt swap me for some reason. And tbh the server faction balance have been ruined for years. Usually I have been leveling with said method earlier expansions. For some reason I can't in Legion.

And most hordes on my server are so bad you can take on most of em even when outnumbered as long as you have similar gear and level and also they rarely attack when we're all the same level so at 110 I'm gonna be ok once I'm 110. I don't mind world pvp with bad odds, heck, it's what I've been getting since wotlk. It's just that atm when I'm getting ganked by multiple horde who are 5-8 lvls above me, it's not really a fight at all. Strangest part is that way too many tend to stick around my corpse to gank me as well. I just recently had a boomkin, rogue and warlock (all 110) standing in a cirle around my corpse every time I ressed. Just seems like a waste of everyone's time tbh. I'm stuck with 2 min resstimers and they gain, idk, nothing? Perhaps they're thinking I'm raging and are having a laugh at that thought or something. While I'm really just having a laugh at some players being so bad that this is what they have to resort to in order to get a kill. Would be hilarious if I ended up on one of those awful "critvideos" on youtube where some mouthbreather is yelling "omg I totally pwned that noob"!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

unbalanced numbers WILL happen, and you should expect that to be a chance too.
    This is the part I'm having issues with. Perhaps you don't understand the magnitude of the ganking? It's not like Im getting ganked by a group of hordes at level 110 on rare occations. It's more like atleast once every five minutes or so. I'm forced to log off while dead sometimes since they form a ring around my corpse. It's not like Im not trying to run away but after 5-10 resses into instant deaths I tend to log off for a while before trying to grab my corpse again. Making leveling close to impossible. Having the "honorless target" buff stacked at 5 minutes doesn't do any difference at all, idk why they keep that in the game even. :P

I transferred to a pve server. Unbalance gets old after your friends leave and you are the only one left.

if you ead the op he said it was balanced when he started, but majority of the alliance changed faction. and me asking if he had a carrot up his arse was because he went narky with his response from the get go.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    if you ead the op he said it was balanced when he started, but majority of the alliance changed faction. and me asking if he had a carrot up his arse was because he went narky with his response from the get go.
    I read his post, and I answered with, you are to expect that a pvp server can become unbalanced. That is life, people move or change. Don't like it on a PvP server - it is the same for all, 'Fight through it' or 'Move on' - always the same and only advice for all PvP servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naelwen View Post
    This is the part I'm having issues with. Perhaps you don't understand the magnitude of the ganking? It's not like Im getting ganked by a group of hordes at level 110 on rare occations. It's more like atleast once every five minutes or so. I'm forced to log off while dead sometimes since they form a ring around my corpse. It's not like Im not trying to run away but after 5-10 resses into instant deaths I tend to log off for a while before trying to grab my corpse again. Making leveling close to impossible. Having the "honorless target" buff stacked at 5 minutes doesn't do any difference at all, idk why they keep that in the game even. :P
    Well, I have experienced ganking on quite a high amount, having played a PvP server from launch and up half way through Wrath. And sadly, it is going to happen, and there isn't much there can be done until Blizzard adds a cap calculation of maybe 200 of a faction more than the other.

What I meant with my original answer is, you, as a PvP should know that there is a chance of unfavorable numbers and ganking. Even servers where one faction is dominant, the other faction is actually ganking.

Deleted
    I played a holy priest with a shiny Benediction in my back during vanilla in a pvp server. I took a small break and when I returned went to play in a PvE server. My priest is still 60 with her Benediction. Best decision ever.

Deleted
    Well, I have experienced ganking on quite a high amount, having played a PvP server from launch and up half way through Wrath. And sadly, it is going to happen, and there isn't much there can be done until Blizzard adds a cap calculation of maybe 200 of a faction more than the other.

What I meant with my original answer is, you, as a PvP should know that there is a chance of unfavorable numbers and ganking. Even servers where one faction is dominant, the other faction is actually ganking.
    OP gets mad at you because your posts are so general that you would post the same stuff to someone who opens a thread "Was ganked 1st time and rekilled!". He is having an extreme case, where your response is like salt since what you call "can happen" is completely reversed by the fact that doesn't stop to happen in his case. It's a difference if you play on a pvp server with your faction being 95% majority or play within the 5%. Your argument or statement fits both, just the impact is different.