Thread: Soloing spec?

Soloing spec?

So, I generally enjoy pushing soloing content to its extreme. I already have a DH leveled up and I'm working on Warlock now. I imagine I'll be focusing more on my DH, but I've honestly found Warlock to be incredibly enjoyable.

So, For challenging soloing - What spec is looking like Warlocks go-to? I've read that both Afflic and Destro is incredibly tanky, and I've felt how strong Demo is.

I've been hoarding all of my Artifact power and I think it's about time to start spending it.

While leveling, affliction is the best spec because you can grab a pack of 5 mobs and whittle them down with DOTs and AoE.
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting

Deleted
    Affliction by far.
    You can instant tag with dots for quest objectives
    Your infernal pet can tank an entire army while you put dots on everyone
    You heal incredible fast

I don't mean for questing. I was thinking for soloing old world content, like WoD Raids.

Deleted
    I only play DESTRO, havent't put any AP in any other spec. It works bloody good for me in Legion and in old content when it comes to farming. Pefer that over Af and Demo, but thats me. And I do solo loads of old raids and all the WQ group bosses in legion without a single problem.

For me, affliction works like a charm. Of course, WoD mythic content is still a challenge, I've been able to solo everything I've tried on Normal so far. Tanky pet, Life Siphon and Phantom of Singularity gives loads of heals. Paired with demon skin, I think you'll have a good time soloing stuff.

Worth keeping in mind that affliction is currently a bit underwhelming in PvE, mainly due to the artifact (imo). If you want to take your lock to raids and whatnot, I would recommend destruction instead. I just love affliction, so I'll stick to that through thick and thin!

Any of the specs really work. Demo even works and can still instant tag with doom (counts on application of dot).

Destro with FnB and infernal works just as well if not better that affliction for big trash pulls, and conflagration gets you the instant tag.

Basically just play what you like.

I can't speak on the other specs, but demo has worked just fine for me. Nothing different than what the other posters are saying about affliction. And demo's strength in ST shines when doing Wanted or Danger world quests. I can only remember having trouble with only one Danger WQ where the boss was hitting my felguard too hard.

I can't imagine old content being any different either.

Quote Originally Posted by anj View Post
    I can't speak on the other specs, but demo has worked just fine for me. Nothing different than what the other posters are saying about affliction. And demo's strength in ST shines when doing Wanted or Danger world quests. I can only remember having trouble with only one Danger WQ where the boss was hitting my felguard too hard.

I can't imagine old content being any different either.
    Pretty much what I was getting at. I will say the other specs seem to be better at handling a melee train from 2+ melee. Demo has to hard cast everything (unless instant dread stalker honor talent). Between the stuns and kicks and zero mobility it can be tough. 1v1 it's not bad though.

I bring this up because of world PvP. If on a PvE server then disregard
    Last edited by Mongosaurus; 2016-10-03 at 09:26 PM.

Haven't tried WoD content yet, but as far as elite rares go for WQ, I solo them no problem with my Infernal and specced as Affliction. I'm talking about the +35M HP mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    So, I generally enjoy pushing soloing content to its extreme. I already have a DH leveled up and I'm working on Warlock now. I imagine I'll be focusing more on my DH, but I've honestly found Warlock to be incredibly enjoyable.

So, For challenging soloing - What spec is looking like Warlocks go-to? I've read that both Afflic and Destro is incredibly tanky, and I've felt how strong Demo is.

I've been hoarding all of my Artifact power and I think it's about time to start spending it.
    affli. u can pull 8-15mob in suramar city even with elites, they hit like a train and u kill them all in 10sec. and its funny when other classes run there in 5 man groups.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    On topic, what's the best tanking pet? Voidwalker? Infernal with Supremacy talent?

Assuming not demo... Infernal with supremacy seemed the best at tanking and holding agro on tons of mobs due to passive aoe and on command stun. He also seemed beefier.

VW in comparison just can't get snap agro on lots of trash as easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    On topic, what's the best tanking pet? Voidwalker? Infernal with Supremacy talent?
    When it comes to raw mitigation the voidwalker should be best. I haven't checked the tooltip of the shield lately, but it used to give a flat 60% damage reduction at 3 stacks. And you can keep the 3 stacks up as long as the soul leech shield doesn't break, which is pretty easy at 60% damage reduction.

Can't log in now to see if it is still the case though, maybe things have changed and infernal is indeed better.

Infernal does almost as well and a quick health siphon against anything hitting like a truck works wonders. Plus it's one of the few times you get to really use the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I don't mean for questing. I was thinking for soloing old world content, like WoD Raids.
    Are WoD Raids soloable already. Generally with anything that you'd one-shot you want to go with affliction because you'll just be able to instant cast one-shot everything, destro and demo are limited in that.
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting