Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Companion App for Legion

World of Warcraft Companion App
    • A World of Warcraft companion app is coming out Tuesday for Android and iOS!
    • You can do missions from your phone, complete them, get the loot.
    • You can see world quests, rewards, and timers on the app.
    • You can sort and filter the quests.

Cost is free. What does everyone think?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Should've at least implement the Armory & Artefact Knowledge Research in it. That would make it great!

In my opinion, it's worth it. If I'm at work and taking a break or in class with nothing to do I can take care of my missions while not in front of my computer as well as plan ahead for what world quests I want to do.

It's definitely worth while for me. I'm assuming it'll be helpful to anyone who has a job and gets a few breaks during the day. Same goes for anyone in class.

So, overall, its definitely something Im glad to see happen. Will be really helpful to take care of missions and such while I cant get to my computer.

Although, I dont really know what they plan on doing with this app once Legion is over since Class Halls wont be following us into the next expansion as far as I know.

its really good for the world quests

7+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Now I can do a few missions when I'm out of town. I think if legion missions were as "Do this or you're fucking yourself over" as WoD garrisons it would be kinda annoying, but since they're not and after the CH quest is over you can basically abandon your followers and not be losing anything it's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this to be perfectly honest. This is something I thought they would've implemented back with garrisons. Just fits the design. Now we can still be connected and doing things even when away. I don't see any drawbacks to this system either. Also being able to check what world quests are up..that's pretty awesome. Bathroom time just got a little bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
    I love this to be perfectly honest. This is something I thought they would've implemented back with garrisons. Just fits the design. Now we can still be connected and doing things even when away. I don't see any drawbacks to this system either. Also being able to check what world quests are up..that's pretty awesome. Bathroom time just got a little bit better
    I think it would have fit with Garrisons too well. There would have been lots of people who would only load the app and not actually log in to the real game.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I don't like it because it gives Android and iPhone users (it's pretty much guaranteed that only those will be supported) an in-game advantage from outside the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    What does everyone think?
    I think I called it. I've actually had this idea and suggested it here and there for a while now, throughout WoD, harkening back to Neverwinter, which has professions on a web client. I also think Blizzard should add a web client on top of the phone app.

I would rather 100% of the effort was put into the main game instead of side-games.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    I would rather 100% of the effort was put into the main game instead of side-games.
    The app is already done. It was probably worked on during WoD. There will hardly be any deterring from the main game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, pet battles and mythic raiding. Which is the side game? Either? More people do pet battles. I say this only to point out that what you consider a side game is subjective. And since I suspect more people will spend time checking out world quests is that a side game too? And while you dislike missions isn't it better in that case to take care of them this way than spending any login time with them (presuming you need to do missions at all after the first few)?

The people coding the IOS/Android apps are not likely the same people coding the game so I'm not sure I see a problem. But by all means, don't use the app.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This would have been WAY more useful during WoD.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt the people who worked on this have any place on the main WoW team. It's basically a graphical user interface and nothing more.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Hope there's an addition for it to work with garrisons too. I feel that there are not enough missions on the hall for it to be that engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Hope there's an addition for it to work with garrisons too. I feel that there are not enough missions on the hall for it to be that engaging.
    Why? Garrisons are kind of redundant now. No more gold missions and not really anything interesting to go back to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Garrison missions and professions would be perfect. For professions, it could just use stuff in the bags and bank, then send the results via mail to the character. Also, the web interface, sorely needed.

Next step after this would be the auction house. And, again, the web interface, sorely needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can't just have a "main game" though. Let me break it down like this : A game is like a soup. The broth (raiding/quest) is the most important part, but nobody wants a soup that's just broth. You need meat, veggies, and starches to make the best soup.

Sure, use it if you want but i still think the game should remain on the PC and not migrate to other platforms. If you want to do something with WoW do it on the PC. This is basically my biggest concern with it.

I purposely don't compare it to pet battles because they can be done on the pc and they will remain throughout the game even if WoW evolves past them at some point.

But wasting time and effort on a smartphone game which will likely close down at some point is just wasted effort the way I see it.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-09-03 at 09:40 PM.

Sure, use it if you want but i still think the game should remain on the PC and not migrate to other platforms. If you want to do something with WoW do it on the PC.
    Why? It has migrated to phones and tablets way before this with the armory app which is still going after a few years. That allows you to manage your auctions and use guild chat if I am not mistaken. I don't see an issue with an app as long as it does not affect the core gameplay which this doesn't. Also again it is very unlikely the main team worked on this app so no time or effort was taken from the main game to make it. You are not going to lose a raid tier because of an app.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-09-03 at 09:43 PM.