Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I suppose it's nice for those who really care about keeping up with world quests at all times, or if you wanna keep missions going constantly.

Personally, not sure I'll bother with it much unless I'm away from my PC for a whole day.

I love this, will be able to keep missions up while at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should've revamped the armory app and put it inside there. I really hate how broken that app is even though it has so much potential. It would also help to consolidate things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    They should've revamped the armory app and put it inside there. I really hate how broken that app is even though it has so much potential. It would also help to consolidate things too.
    Tbh they might be working on the armory app and merging it in at some point who knows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Agreed. Have 1 app for all purposes and fix the Armory dumpster fire.

And add crafting to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    How is that relevant? If you need to use a smartphone app to decide whether to log in or not because there's a world quest with a reward you covet, then you're a lost cause anyway.
    Then this app is not for you.

Example, you play wow and then decide to go watch a movie and figure you'd see what quests are on.

They should integrate auctions and guild chat, maybe even normal chat, and kill off Armory app

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have made more sense for WoD where these missions were basically all the end-game there was Now when missions are reduced it feels a bit niche, but will likely come in handy at times. Don't really get why sorting quests and seeing world quests, how much use that will be.. sounds like they also felt the mission management was too small of a feature in Legion so that they had to pad the app with something more as well.

I see no drawbacks, however. Will install and will try. Also I don't really know how they will handle missions later on in end-game so maybe it will grow to be a very useful feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Then this app is not for you.

Example, you play wow and then decide to go watch a movie and figure you'd see what quests are on.
    So you'll pause the movie to do a quest?

Man, kids these days have the attention span of a wooden spoon.

I personally really don't like the idea of the game crossing over to phone apps myself. I was not a fan of the auction house app, nor anything else like that. I understand you can make a case that a laptop is mobile and allows constant access to so why not tablets/phones. I do worry about the slippery slope of adding more and more access and functionality while offline. A new wave of bots or uses with people with jailbreak iPhones and things like that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I am pretty neutral to this, but it could end up being one those things that looks great at the start and then becomes a mandatory (hated) chore as it develops.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So, pet battles and mythic raiding. Which is the side game? Either? More people do pet battles. I say this only to point out that what you consider a side game is subjective. And since I suspect more people will spend time checking out world quests is that a side game too? And while you dislike missions isn't it better in that case to take care of them this way than spending any login time with them (presuming you need to do missions at all after the first few)?

The people coding the IOS/Android apps are not likely the same people coding the game so I'm not sure I see a problem. But by all means, don't use the app.
    The mission table shouldnt exist in the 1st place :S

As if a facebook game inside WoW was not enough, now there is an app to track your missions...

Next step, an app to do pet battle outside of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    As if a facebook game inside WoW was not enough, now there is an app to track your missions...

Next step, an app to do pet battle outside of the game?
    I'd say more people would like than dislike that. I'm sure after they announced this there was a resurgence of threads asking for that
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Love it. Always wished Garrisons had this

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    This app sounds great, more for using while playing WoW for me, than when away from the game.

Only strange thing is, it would of made sense to add this as a feature to the armory app, rather than a separate app. So now you have an app for the AH, and an app for Legion questing.

It's only a minor thing tho, and not so relevant to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    I don't like it because it gives Android and iPhone users (it's pretty much guaranteed that only those will be supported) an in-game advantage from outside the game.
    The b.net authenticator app supported Windows Phone too. No mention of such a thing being planned for this app, though. Guess which phone I have?

If only I had a phone that still got the iOS updates... Need one for my birthday or holiday.

Deleted
    IMHO they should have added pvp pet battles to it and it would be the best blizzard app ever!

Does the app have a name? I realize it's not out yet but I'm just curious.