Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    #TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner
    When I first saw this article a couple days ago my first reaction/thought was : Fuck yeah, more taco trucks. That will be awesome. There are already plenty in the city but there is room for more. Some of the best tacos I have are from taco trucks, that goes for burritos as well.

Then I read the article and realized it was a threat. WTF!!!! How is that a threat? How are more taco trucks a bad thing? Bring on the fucking taco trucks!!!!!

This was the first real, valid reason I have to vote against Trump : a vote for Trump potentially stagnates or limits the taco truck population. Fuck that! Hilary could be eating dead babies for all I care. As long as she isn't anti-taco trucks, she's got my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Professional media vs. organization that got a hard lesson in spin.

This is how propaganda works friends.

A serious message, yes, delivered in a haphazard way that could have been stated better.

Media gets it hands on it, then of course the internet does it thing, and now an important concern becomes farce.

Contrary to what those who claim total ownership over minorities would have you believe, not all Hispanics are in favor of wide open borders and all the problems that brings.

But do you get to hear that side of the Hispanic vote? Are you even aware of its size?

Of course not, because media wants you to believe that the "Brown vote" is 100% Democrat owned and that the micro-few who say otherwise are simply misguided dupes.

They do the same thing to Blacks by trying to make it seem like we're all just a bunch of angry oppressed anti-White BLMers.

But you cant tempt the internet with a good meme.

The next time Latinos for Trump makes a public statement, and lets hope they do, they'll probably choose their words more carefully.
    Except it's not a serious message. Illegal immigration has slowed drastically in recent years, especially from Mexico.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Except it's not a serious message. Illegal immigration has slowed drastically in recent years, especially from Mexico.
    Tell that to all the women who've been sexually assaulted by illegals, or the little girls that have been raped by illegals, or the families of people who have been slain by illegals.

Tell that to the lawfully immigrated and assimilated Hispanic Americans this thread is based on who don't enjoy being lumped in with a bunch of criminal invaders nor do they enjoy being treated as if their skin color automatically requires they vote a certain side of the ticket.

They organized so that you would hear them and I think what they have to say is valid and worth listening to.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell that to all the women who've been sexually assaulted by illegals, or the little girls that have been raped by illegals, or the families of people who have been slain by illegals.
    Proportionally, that's a lower per-capita rate of offense than it is for American citizens.

So by your argument, you should be opening the doors, because they'll generally lower that crime rate, by diluting the crime-prone Americans with more law-abiding Hispanics.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth...ime-1436916798

Tell that to the lawfully immigrated and assimilated Hispanic Americans this thread is based on who don't enjoy being lumped in with a bunch of criminal invaders nor do they enjoy being treated as if their skin color automatically requires they vote a certain side of the ticket.
    There we go again with the utterly ridiculous "invaders" hyperbole.

They organized so that you would hear them and I think what they have to say is valid and worth listening to.
    Who "organized"? And if you mean some supposed upswell of support among Hispanic voters, for Trump, the opposite is true;
    https://news.vice.com/article/donald...oters-new-poll

Trump's numbers among that demographic are the lowest any Republican candidate has seen in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Proportionally, that's a lower per-capita rate of offense than it is for American citizens. So by your argument, you should be opening the doors, because they'll generally lower that crime rate, by diluting the crime-prone Americans with more law-abiding Hispanics.

There we go again with the utterly ridiculous "invaders" hyperbole.

Who "organized"?
    The proportional comparison of rapists and murderers doesn't justify importing more rapist and murders to me. It says we have enough of that evil already to deal with and shouldn't be allowing more to come in.

Well there are a significant number of legally immigrated Hispanic Americans that disagree with you and they shouldn't have their opinions suppressed because one party considers the "Brown vote" to be their property.

The organization in question, from the OP article, was Latinos for Trump.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I'll tell you what I won't vomit. Delicious tacos from any corner.
    I agree. I live in the heart of the latino community in chicago and got tacos and tamales for days. I get this now though, it's just another meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    The proportional comparison of rapists and murderers doesn't justify importing more rapist and murders to me. It says we have enough of that evil already to deal with and shouldn't be allowing more to come in.
    I presume you also think that nobody should be allowed to have children? American kids are more likely to grow up to be rapists and murders than immigrants are. That's the point.

You're wildly inconsistent on this and your antagonism towards immigrants on this matter is not based on an actual problem.

Well there are a significant number of legally immigrated Hispanic Americans that disagree with you and they shouldn't have their opinions suppressed because one party considers the "Brown vote" to be their property.

The organization in question, from the OP article, was Latinos for Trump.
    And yet, he's consistently polling poorly, and those numbers are dropping. You are again straight-up ignoring reality because it isn't telling you the story you want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I agree. I live in the heart of the latino community in chicago and got tacos and tamales for days. I get this now though, it's just another meme.
    Precisely. A phrase is taken and people run with it.

Lets have taco trucks on every corner. Then bring on the infinity 1996 Ford F150's with 5 people jammed in and a Martinez old english decal on the back. Also quinceaneras for everybody because telling a 15 yr-old girl she is now a woman could in no way lead to having 5 kids by the age of 22.

I live in a city with around 100k pop that has gone from 15-20% Hispanic to now above 50% in just 20 years. Our school district went from the top 1/3 of the state to the second worst, housing values have been the same since around 2003 while in neighboring cities they have nearly doubled, Nortenos & Surenos have made parts of the city no-fly zones. Ironically all the liberal surrounding cities where the white people moved are pro amnesty for illegal immigrants or even open borders. Ironic because they live in lily-white areas where the only Mexicans they know are the ones who take their taco stands to the city, allowing for the white people to consider themselves cosmopolitan while the city I live in has become a running joke among them.

Mexican food is delicious, but we don't need Mexican people to make it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Shrugs*

If there's a demand for tacos, Tacos it is.

I'll probably stick to Pancheros and tex mex.

I presume you also think that nobody should be allowed to have children? American kids are more likely to grow up to be rapists and murders than immigrants are. That's the point.You're wildly inconsistent on this and your antagonism towards immigrants on this matter is not based on an actual problem.

And yet, he's consistently polling poorly, and those numbers are dropping. You are again straight-up ignoring reality because it isn't telling you the story you want to hear.
    No I don't think that, nor do I think its inconsistent to have two different opinions on two vastly different things. There's a particular logical fallacy in assuming two different things can justify each other. The problem with using proportions to produce a statement like "American kids are more likely to grow up to be rapists and murders than immigrants are" is that the mathematics showing a larger total pool of persons will have a larger index of rapists/murders isn't a factor that causes one to be a rapist/murderer. Its a bad defense Endus because the point isn't who is a rapist/murdere and who isn't, the point is that we're importing rapists/murderers when we already have enough to deal with. A lot of people use that same logically fallacy as a defense in that other thread where the illegal "immigrant" killed two people in a traffic accident even such the point where they were outright denying the basic principles of causality.

And the OP topic isn't polling number its a tale of minority's opinion being mocked and suppressed because it goes against the agenda of a particular party that claims ownership over said minority. Its an act of oppression that media, and that particular party, does very well and I don't like it. I don't like it in this specific instance and I don't like it general because it hits home personally as they do the same thing we Blacks who speak out against the real institutional racism of that same party's policies and tactics.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    No I don't think that, nor do I think its inconsistent to have two different opinions on two vastly different things. There's a particular logical fallacy in assuming two different things can justify each other. The problem with using proportions to produce a statement like "American kids are more likely to grow up to be rapists and murders than immigrants are" is that the mathematics showing a larger total pool of persons will have a larger index of rapists/murders isn't a factor that causes one to be a rapist/murderer.
    And yet, that's literally what you're doing, when denying a particular immigrant entry on the grounds that you don't want to "import rapists and murderers".

Hence the complete inconsistency on your part.

Its a bad defense Endus because the point isn't who is a rapist/murdere and who isn't, the point is that we're importing rapists/murderers when we already have enough to deal with.
    Importing more of a group who offend less means that per-capita offense rates go down, meaning crime becomes less prominent, not more. Basic mathematics.

And the OP topic isn't polling number its a tale of minority's opinion being mocked and suppressed because it goes against the agenda of a particular party that claims ownership over said minority. Its an act of oppression that media, and that particular party, does very well and I don't like it. I don't like it in this specific instance and I don't like it general because it hits home personally as they do the same thing we Blacks who speak out against the real institutional racism of that same party's policies and tactics.
    Nobody's "mocking and suppressing" it. We're pointing out that it isn't demographically descriptive, but is just anecdotal and thus irrelevant.

Nobody is being "suppressed" when people point out that an argument is factually wrong.

And yet, that's literally what you're doing, when denying a particular immigrant entry on the grounds that you don't want to "import rapists and murderers".Hence the complete inconsistency on your part.

Importing more of a group who offend less means that per-capita offense rates go down, meaning crime becomes less prominent, not more. Basic mathematics.

Nobody's "mocking and suppressing" it. We're pointing out that it isn't demographically descriptive, but is just anecdotal and thus irrelevant. Nobody is being "suppressed" when people point out that an argument is factually wrong.
    I just noticed a fracture here in the discussion. And I'm not sure if its due to the age old tactic of trying to blend legal immigrants and illegal immigrants into the same group of people so that the "racist" label is an easier sell, or if the point just got lost in conversation. But just to clear it up, I've been talking about illegal immigrants this entire time. So by that right we're not trying to deny them entry only because we're afraid they might all be rapists/murderers, we're denying them entry because illegal immigration is illegal. The fact that so many of them are rapists/murderers is one line item in a long list of reasons why they need to be kept out. Every single nation on this planet has the right to define its borders and the means by which non-citizens shall be allowed to cross. Except that is, according to the opinions of Left aligned persons, the United States. Why is that?

Skipping over this part since we weren't clear on legal vs illegal.

That group "Latinos for Trump" was mocked, that's the whole story of the OP. And I just don't see how anyone can honestly deny the fact that there is a blatant and organized effort to suppress the opinions of American minorities that don't fall in line with Democrat agendas unless you're just absolutely unaware that it is happening, which is hard to believe. I could personally speak to the fact with stories from my grandfather, father, and my own life but it would turn the conversation into a race discussion so we'll just have to let this one go.
    MAGA

That group "Latinos for Trump" was mocked, that's the whole story of the OP. And I just don't see how anyone can honestly deny the fact that there is a blatant and organized effort to suppress the opinions of American minorities that don't fall in line with Democrat agendas unless you're just absolutely unaware that it is happening, which is hard to believe. I could personally speak to the fact with stories from my grandfather, father, and my own life but it would turn the conversation into a race discussion so we'll just have to let this one go.
    They were mocked because their message was silly, and the shit they're panicking about is already on the decline. There is no "invasion" of illegal Mexicans. Illegal immigration from Mexico is at its lowest point in decades. In fact, many illegal immigrants have been going back to Mexico over the last 4-5 years. Your panic about "rapists and murderers invading from Mexico" is conspiracy idiocy at its finest.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

So suppressed they made it onto TV to spread their message. Or is the suppression the fact that people made fun of their opinions? I thought we were against safe spaces, here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

A somewhat swanky restaurant nearby my job has introduced "unlimited tacos Tuesday" due to this taco truck nonsense. It is exactly as stated, all you can eat tacos for $20 on Tuesdays.

We went today. It was packed beyond belife.LOL, taco trucks on every corner is like a paradise. Everyone loves tacos.

Professional media vs. organization that got a hard lesson in spin.

This is how propaganda works friends.

A serious message, yes, delivered in a haphazard way that could have been stated better.

Media gets it hands on it, then of course the internet does it thing, and now an important concern becomes farce.

Contrary to what those who claim total ownership over minorities would have you believe, not all Hispanics are in favor of wide open borders and all the problems that brings.

But do you get to hear that side of the Hispanic vote? Are you even aware of its size?

Of course not, because media wants you to believe that the "Brown vote" is 100% Democrat owned and that the micro-few who say otherwise are simply misguided dupes.

They do the same thing to Blacks by trying to make it seem like we're all just a bunch of angry oppressed anti-White BLMers.

But you cant tempt the internet with a good meme.

The next time Latinos for Trump makes a public statement, and lets hope they do, they'll probably choose their words more carefully.
    I knew we could count on someone to bend over backwards to defend this, but to claim it was clever too, that's some A+ spin.

Guys only Mexican rapists are bad. American rapists represent freedom and the actual relative crime statistics doesn't matter because it doesn't fit my agenda that illegals are scary rape monsters out to steal my jobs and destroy God and freedom.

-Zombergy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They were mocked because their message was silly, and the shit they're panicking about is already on the decline. There is no "invasion" of illegal Mexicans. Illegal immigration from Mexico is at its lowest point in decades. In fact, many illegal immigrants have been going back to Mexico over the last 4-5 years. Your panic about "rapists and murderers invading from Mexico" is conspiracy idiocy at its finest.

Shhhhhh safe spaces are only bad when it's an evil leftist idea. Making fun of a conservative train of thought means you hate our troops and freedom and is against everything the founding fathers stood for.

Every single nation on this planet has the right to define its borders and the means by which non-citizens shall be allowed to cross. Except that is, according to the opinions of Left aligned persons, the United States. Why is that?

That's not the issue. The issue is the actual scope of the problem which you could not be more wrong about if you lived on Planet Wrong, on continent Wrongsia, in a country named Wrongistan, in the state of Wrongshington, in the city of Wrongsville, on Wrongonia lane and worked at the University of Wrong with a billion dollar grant to research ways in which you could be more wrong.

You try and use the guise at their unlawful presence in this country to blow out of proportion any actual problems on top of making up a million other problems. Your ideology dictates they're a problem and therefore they are a problem. Fact be damned. Everyone understands the guy who speeds did something wrong. Doesn't mean we need to go your route and execute the guy.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-09-07 at 01:33 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post

It's only a matter of time
    the blood elf army will stop these evil invaders.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.