Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Buff tanks/heals when in short supply?

Perhaps the reason that many players don't queue as tank/heals is that they are anxious and don't feel like taking crap from random players as they learn instances. Perhaps the reason that there are 50 min DPS queues is the same.

So instead of a satchel or whatever, why not buff heals by 50-100%, or reduce incoming tank damage by 25-50%, when the role is in very short supply?

Perhaps that would encourage more tanks and heals to queue and learn the instances and become comfortable with the role, et cetera.

Deleted
    i rather have my satchel than make the easy dungeons even easier.

Satchel is perfectly fine where it is. Those of us who play tanks and healers enjoy the perks of playing something with more responsibility. If you don't like the queues, just find a friend that's willing to tank or heal with you....

And I agree with the above, the dungeon difficulties are perfect how they are now, no need to buff for "convenience"

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpark View Post
    with more responsibility
    AKA "Why didn't you heal me? Kick the healer." after they stood in fire and you were healing them.

There are enough horrible tanks and healers, make them even more?

No thanks, plus my satchel is amazing, and at the same time thanks to VoTW and the horrible amount of tanks (groups) out there i get so many satchels in a day and it takes 2mins for each.

I wouldn't que for random hc if not for satchel.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    same, it's the main reason I do
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Satchel is life, satchel is love. The rewards are insane, and i love being able to pick and choose between pleb groups when i choose so.

Buffing things like healing or damage reduction during call to arms is horrible as will only lead to horrible learning, tanks being able face tank things without using their active mitigation tools is doing no one any favors.

The only thing to buff would maybe increase the satchel rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Buffing things like healing or damage reduction during call to arms is horrible as will only lead to horrible learning, tanks being able face tank things without using their active mitigation tools is doing no one any favors.
    Not having tanks isn't doing anyone any favors.

The game needs more new tanks, not the same old tanks getting spoilt by satchels.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post

The game needs more new tanks, not the same old tanks getting spoilt by satchels.
    and do think will happen when they immediately get slaughtered in a normal instance without your purposed super mode?

Deleted

QFT

They could incorporate some tanking-like abilities into some existing specs to make them tankable in dungeons. Like BM hunter or so.

Being a dps should not equal having 30 min - 2 hour dungeon queues. Its a broken system basicly.

If i had a rogue spec with some tanking abilities just for dungeons i'd be spamming the shit out of those

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

lol, reroll tank mate or have someone tank for you. this is silly.

Deleted

Oh well. If they’d remove the satchel altogether the queue time will go way up for dps. The satchel is the incentive to run dungeons with rnd people.
    Whenever I want to queue for daily heroic and there is no satchel up, I’ll just pick 3 good dps and 1 heal available from guild/fl that will always join me for instant queue. And my list is steadily growing, even without running rnd dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    QFT

They could incorporate some tanking-like abilities into some existing specs to make them tankable in dungeons. Like BM hunter or so.

Being a dps should not equal having 30 min - 2 hour dungeon queues. Its a broken system basicly.

If i had a rogue spec with some tanking abilities just for dungeons i'd be spamming the shit out of those
    How many pure dps classes are there? 4.
    How many classes can tank? 5.
    How many classes can heal? 5.

Does throwing more tank specs help? No. Because even the classes with tank/healing spec available will queue for dps if that’s the role they want to play. Giving some dps specs survivability on par with actual tank specs will not increase the available tanks because those hybrids could easily just respec to whatever role currently lacks.

Players do not play tanks and/or healers because they do not want to play that role. I play a Demon Hunter, and while I am fully capable of playing Vengeance I prefer to play Havoc as it is my main specialization I will be playing throughout Legion. Another thing to consider is that there is only one spot for tanks and only one spot for healers in dungeons compared to the three spots open to damage.

Only reason I queue up as a tank is instant queues. Works out great even though I don't have a single trait in the tanking artifact or any tanking trinkets. Dungeons are really not that challenging number-wise up to heroic. Most tanks can probably keep themselves alive regardless of how terrible the healer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post

The only thing to buff would maybe increase the satchel rewards
    Yep it's just like going to do stuff you outgear and it's really easy so than you do harder stuff and you don't know what your doing.

Deleted
    It wouldn't work, even if Blizzard implemented it. A proportion of the tanks in LFD hasn't yet discovered that the mechanics are somewhat harder in dungeons in Legion. Meaning they insist on chain pulling half the trash in the dungeon at once, despite the AoE damage going out on the group as a result. So with a bad tank even a normal mode dungeon turns into a wipe fest. If you increased healing and tank mitigation, the dummy tanks would just try to speed things up by pulling more still, until we wipe again.

I'm pretty close to refusing to run a dungeon as healer with anything but a guildie/friend as tank. I don't care how quickly or not I would get geared as a result, as no amount of satchel gold or phat lewt can offsets the aggravation of having to heal a party with a dummy tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    What he said

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to do this for LFD and LFR, specifically to relieve the queue times. They should do what they did in PvP in WoD - automatically adjust the healer (and maybe the tank, too) gear level up to a certain amount, to make up for an unleveled artifact.

I have been a resto druid for the last 4 expansions. But this time, because of the GD artifact, and the fact that leveling resto was a pain in the effing ass, I said screw it and went balance. So now I'm sitting at 110 but no points in G'Hanir yet. I'm pretty reluctant to queue as heals and get screamed at if my healing isn't up to par.

I may try it later... I am tired of 60-90 minute queues as balance. I have more than half my quest log limit of quests requiring me to go into dungeons, including multiple class hall and profession quests. Having so many quests blocked by the dungeon queue is making it a pain in the ass to pick up quests out in the world, because so many quest areas give 3-6 at a time.

So if some resto druid with an unleveled G'Hanir comes into your LFD, please have mercy. :P