Question about ashamane's frenzy

I've seen in multiple places stating that ashamane's frenzy can hit multiple targets. Here's a quote from icy veins about it.

"Whilst Ashamane's Frenzy is listed in the single target priority, in situations where you could hold the spell to hit multiple targets at once, it is worth saving for up to 50% of it's needed for priority target burst. Bear the encounter in mind due to this, and plan ahead for situations that would allow you to capitalise on that."

I don't really see how this makes any sense. I've tried it out just to see and it only hits the current target I'm attacking and even switching targets during its animation does nothing. Am I missing something or are people just stupid?

Deleted
    they need to be right in front of you.

I'm pretty sure it only hits your actual target(it's effectively a fancy DoT)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

So... If you're not seeing how it works, you're missing something. If the others are wrong, they are stupid...

From what iv noticed it only hits the target you have targeted at the time of use, iv tried swapping targets and it does not change. I aint seen it AOE.... unless that was a beta thing? i know it takes your snap shotting into account tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    I've seen in multiple places stating that ashamane's frenzy can hit multiple targets. Here's a quote from icy veins about it.

"Whilst Ashamane's Frenzy is listed in the single target priority, in situations where you could hold the spell to hit multiple targets at once, it is worth saving for up to 50% of it's needed for priority target burst. Bear the encounter in mind due to this, and plan ahead for situations that would allow you to capitalise on that."

I don't really see how this makes any sense. I've tried it out just to see and it only hits the current target I'm attacking and even switching targets during its animation does nothing. Am I missing something or are people just stupid?
    I was actually testing a few things about AF, because the whole ability is a bit vague regarding how it works.

1) It doesn't cleave. It really only hits one target, no matter how tightly you group mobs. Easily trackable by dps meters as well, mine always shows 15 direct hits (set amount) and 5 DoT ticks (not sure if affected by haste, but I'd guess it is).
    The target is always the target you have selected, not the closest one or whatever.

2) You can "interrupt" the ability with other stuff and you'll keep all your damage. For a while i was worried that using a different ability might actually cancel what looks like a channel.

3) Going out of range or facing away from the target actually DOES interrupt Ashamane's Frenzy. Not only do you get less direct hits, you also get less DoT damage/less DoT ticks, which might suggest that they're dependent of one another.

Those were mostly the things that were unclear to me and I tested these on target dummies, and I also tested the cleave possibility on some mobs so I could get them stacked right on top of each other, to exclude that it might be a 5y cleave or whatever. There is also no artifact trait or something that makes it cleave, so I'm not sure where some sites/articles got that idea; it could be likely that it actually did cleave back in the alpha/beta and that they changed it. God knows why though, because feral could use some AoE love. Not that I mind being weaker in AoE and stronger ST, but in this case the pros don't really outweigh the cons.