Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WishLimit View Post
    My friend who plays shadow is struggling too. I think perhaps s.priest is more artifact dependant than other classes.
    Didn't have a single gold trait until today(went utility route 'up then turn right' to Mass Hysteria). Been pulling 80-90k at the same ilvl and now at 814 pulling low 100's/mid 100's depending on the fight. I think moreso than pretty much any spec out there, there's a high room for failure if you do parts of the rotation even slightly wrong. I'm not saying people need to 'L2P NUB', but sometimes there's one part of the many things shadow manages that can get forgotten in the heat of combat. It's definitely pretty layered with nuance depending on your talent choices. Especially if you pick some of the non-standard things and misuse them even a little wrong, like not using Shadow Crash on single target or overshooting 70 insanity(with Legacy of the Void) by a large margin with a Shadow Word Death(with Reaper of Souls) when you could have mind flayed for a fraction of a cast to tick over saving the SW charge.

Edit: Looking at simcraft, I noticed something interesting. Surrender to Madness in particular seems to be the pinnacle of 'room for error' that I've ever seen on dps rankings. It's 7th on the charts, pretty high up there....but the room for error, the 'minimum' of that, is lower than the lowest on the chart by 40k(the biggest margin between any spec in anything). The range between the minimum and the maximum on StM is as big as half of the entire damage is does on that ranking. Most others are barely a quarter if that. Just food for thought about the 'room for error', and how even the tiniest of mistakes from competent players can hurt your dps.
    Last edited by Ilfayt; 2016-09-06 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    60k isn't normal, absolutely no way.
    I haven't seen a SPriest pull higher than that in dungeons at that item level =/

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I haven't seen a SPriest pull higher than that in dungeons at that item level =/
    It's more likely it's misperformed rotation than the actual performance of the Spec. Yes in single target they're one of the worst outside of using StM, but not that bad. It's just really that hard to play or has big room for error it seems. You won't believe the amount of S-priests I see trying to multidot everything when they're IN their voidform, wasting precious insanity. It's an instinct we've built up with the playstyle for years that we have to 'temper' back a bit depending on Void Bolt/Mind Blast Cd's.

Just for the record i do around 80k now and in some cases i reached 100k , im still with 786 ilvl but i got mass hysteria , i think the rotation is exceptionally hard , i havent seen another class being so hard and the mana mechanic make it even harder , my hunter and dk are far easier to play tbh , im starting to get used to it though , i think my biggest errors are refreshing dots , i need to get an addon or something for it , when everything goes smoothly i do more than 90k dps , dots annoy me a lot though.

Ps: i like legacy of the void because since its better to open void at 85 insanity then i can spend the 70-85 to refresh dots aud use form after , thats easier even though too general and in some cases incorrect but if i read correctly there is a mechanic where clipping dot time is added to the new dot so you dont miss anything. Surrender to madness is a bit complicated and not very reliable.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-09-06 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    definitively naaaaaaaaaaaah