Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

"Karazhan feels like a love letter to five man dungeons, fans will really love it."

Are you ready for this? I'm bouncing like a kid before Christmas.

From the news bulletin:

Karazhan
    •Khadgar was shoring up the defenses of Karazhan last time we were there.
    •When we come back in Patch 7.1, the demons have broken in to Karazhan.
    •You can quest with Khadgar outside of Karazhan to rid the area of Legion influence.
    •Karazhan is slightly more challenging than five player Mythic and is on a weekly lockout, so the team can be very generous with the loot.
    •Karazhan feels like a love letter to five man dungeons, fans will really love it.
    •There is an upside down section, a chess encounter, an Alice in Wonderland section, and all new plays.
    •In Legion, there are more endgame activities other than raiding and PvP, there is something for almost everyone.
    •The team has gone back to old raids in the past and turned them into dungeons, but Karazhan is done differently.
    •In the past, the team has changed the art or added a few new mechanics to a boss, but Karazhan deserves much more.
    •When the team did Karazhan, they wanted to add entire new areas and bosses to the dungeon.
    •There will be a mix of the nostalgia that makes Karazhan feel awesome and a fresh new experience.
    •This isn't an update of the old Karazhan.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Of course "fans will realliy love it". There are millions playing the game. Many will love it. Many will hate it. They could say that absout absolutely everything in the game and it'd be an equally vapid statement.

They make stupid fluffy statements unrelated to reality to hype people up all the time, so anything a PR rep has to say holds no weight whatsoever with me. Personally I'm not interested until we get to see the thing ourselves.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It does sound pretty awesome. Just hope the new chess event is a bit more responsive than the previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Of course "fans will realliy love it". There are millions playing the game. Many will love it. Many will hate it. They could say that absout absolutely everything in the game and it'd be an equally vapid statement.

They make stupid fluffy statements unrelated to reality to hype people up all the time, so anything a PR rep has to say holds no weight whatsoever with me. Personally I'm not interested until we get to see the thing ourselves.
    Boy I bet you're fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Parties are overrated.

10+ Year Old Account

Ok. That seems a rather empty statement about how you dislike anything that has any emotional connotation whatsoever. So you'd rather have them say: "Here's a mostly new 5 man dungeons that will last a few hours per weeks tuned for mythic dungeonneers."? It sounds as if they didn't believe in their product. That's not only bad PR, but outright depressing. Plus, they aren't hyping in hope of attracting people. It's going on the PTR very soon, we'll get to see for ourselves. They're just confident and they have a right to say it damnit.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Ok. That seems a rather empty statement about how you dislike anything that has any emotional connotation whatsoever. So you'd rather have them say: "Here's a mostly new 5 man dungeons that will last a few hours per weeks tuned for mythic dungeonneers."? It sounds as if they didn't believe in their product. That's not only bad PR, but outright depressing. Plus, they aren't hyping in hope of attracting people. It's going on the PTR very soon, we'll get to see for ourselves. They're just confident and they have a right to say it damnit.
    5 mans haven't been remotely challenging or interesting since like cataclysm (which they even said was a mistake), so no I don't think they have a right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account

Who hurt you? Who hurt you?!?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    5 mans haven't been remotely challenging or interesting since like cataclysm (which they even said was a mistake), so no I don't think they have a right to say it.
    If you really can't find a challenge with the current mythic / mythic + model then maybe it's just time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    What the fuck... As someone excited about Karazhan, how are people who think this real? Yes, obviously it's to attract people. Obviously it's to sell their product. Why the fuck else would they even make Karazhan in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What the fuck... As someone excited about Karazhan, how are people who think this real? Yes, obviously it's to attract people. Obviously it's to sell their product. Why the fuck else would they even make Karazhan in the first place?
    Sorry, I've been misunderstood. I meant "overhyping reality in hope to trump customers into buying a product that isn't remotely close to what was marketed".

Someone has yet to try mythic+.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

my personal opinion:

I'm expecting something along the line of zul'gurub/aman rehash it will be a pain in the ass to do it, long probably 2h or more, peoples will start asking absurd item level to pug it and some classes will been auto rejected from it (i already see it in current mythic).
    As for the preview, moroes, shade of aran, maiden of virtue, the opera, the chess, the curator are in that leave attuman, the satyr, the two dragons, the beasts and malky as possible replaced bosses.

I'm not hyped at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted

Man, you're a little sunshine aren't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    my personal opinion:

I'm expecting something along the line of zul'gurub/aman rehash it will be a pain in the ass to do it, long probably 2h or more, peoples will start asking absurd item level to pug it and some classes will been auto rejected from it (i already see it in current mythic).
    As for the preview, moroes, shade of aran, maiden of virtue, the opera, the chess, the curator are in that leave attuman, the satyr, the two dragons, the beasts and malky as possible replaced bosses.

I'm not hyped at all.
    Did you even watch the video on the front page...? I know you did but how can you compare that video to the rehashed ZG?

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    i bet he is fun at something lol.

This is what withdrawal of affection does to kids, people.

Yeah M+ aren't challenging, that's why worlds first raiders were wiping on them in beta. Lol.

cant wait to raid this place again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    This is what withdrawal of affection does to kids, people.
    No, it's more "fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me" type of thing. While I hope for the best regarding the Kara revamp, I will reserve my judgement until the day I have played this dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    No, it's more "fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me" type of thing. While I hope for the best regarding the Kara revamp, I will reserve my judgement until the day I have played this dungeon.
    Well it's a problem when you're a personality that gets emotionally shaken by video game stuff. "I will reserve my judgement ..." Well no shit. You can't judge anything before you experienced it. And who even cares? The moment a person can't even be mildly excited about something or just have a good time because they're traumatized by past video game experiences, you know they should look for hobbies that don't involve computers.