Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #241
    I actually had a pretty shitty set of Elite Strike missions today. While I don't bother with the Nethershards (not worth the potential gain I get from not doing it), I had 3/3 missions have Balance+Starfall, and almost all counters on every mission was Powerful.

    I'm actually considering making Brightwing, Zen'tabra, Mylune, and Shitmantle as Elite Strike bitches since they could probably solo it with just troops and 70% > 8h items (and a saddle or carrot).

    Oh and Naralex is like 70% of the way through to Titled /cheer


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm actually considering making Brightwing, Zen'tabra, Mylune, and Shitmantle as Elite Strike bitches since they could probably solo it with just troops and 70% > 8h items (and a saddle or carrot).
    Yeah I just did the same thing. Activated Brightwing due to bad counters and threw on the >8 hours equipment. Makes a nice elite mission sniper.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Warlocks don't. I can attest to that as it's one of my four 110s.
    You must have the daily demon then too. Just checked and second row same as mage's blink there is "Ritual of summoning - enables ritual of summoning ability for all missions, reducing mission duration by 20%", but I don't have it until I get hidden artifact, it was same for druid I had the garden but after I got resto appearance and both pets (took me longer to get nightmare lasher than the seed for resto really) I swapped to travel form.

    And warlocks have Jubeka too with the perk "Dreadsteed - reduces mission duration by 20%".

    Btw about Rogue, are you sure Valeera's perk is 100% proc chance? I didn't level my rogue yet so I wasn't sure is it always on or one of the random perks that sometimes proc?

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Right now on my Main I'm close to 200k and I just hope they add stuff to spend this.
    I wish I could trade them for my alts, since I'm always struggling for OR... Like 2k for 500 would be cool
    Just farm bloods on your main with the shoulder enchant. Turn each blood into 200 resources. That's what I do for my alts because I'm super lazy lol

  5. #245
    Bloodsail Admiral Ogait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just farm bloods on your main with the shoulder enchant. Turn each blood into 200 resources. That's what I do for my alts because I'm super lazy lol
    I know I do that as well
    | Realm First Monk | Empire's Twilight (7/7 Mythic) | Ironbane (10/10) | 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel |

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Inersho View Post
    Yeah I just did the same thing. Activated Brightwing due to bad counters and threw on the >8 hours equipment. Makes a nice elite mission sniper.
    Deffo make sure you get at least a carrot (if not saddle) on them too. Those missions are way too long to only leave it up to Travel Form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You must have the daily demon then too.
    And warlocks have Jubeka too with the perk "Dreadsteed - reduces mission duration by 20%".
    I meant the T2 advancement and fuck I forgot Jubeka even existed. I'm losing my touch :X Granted, you can't use her to optimize due to your other 2 Destruction champions being way too good, and if you want to keep specs balanced, that's pretty hard to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Btw about Rogue, are you sure Valeera's perk is 100% proc chance? I didn't level my rogue yet so I wasn't sure is it always on or one of the random perks that sometimes proc?
    Not sure from personal experience; all my non-110s I'm going off of data/word of mouth. Valeera's bonus, Leeching Poisons, says: "A random troop on the mission will recover 1 Vitality". "Will" is a very strong and for sure word. Blizzard rarely ever uses the word "will" unless it means 100%. I mean, anything with a chance usually says "may" or "has a chance". This straight up says a random troop WILL heal. That said, I don't know if a troop that would die would gain 1 vitality, but I'd assume it would (so if you put a 1 vit troop on a mission, it should go back up to 1). I'm curious to see if it recovers troops that die to Lethal... Might have to ask my Rogue friend to test some things out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just farm bloods on your main with the shoulder enchant. Turn each blood into 200 resources. That's what I do for my alts because I'm super lazy lol
    Yeah I think I'm up to 1600 bloods across my 4 110s (most of it on the Druid though), which gives me up to 320k resources if I wanted.

    While you're still doing WQs on alts though, it definitely helps to have a resource-stacked CA with you.


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah I think I'm up to 1600 bloods across my 4 110s (most of it on the Druid though), which gives me up to 320k resources if I wanted.

    While you're still doing WQs on alts though, it definitely helps to have a resource-stacked CA with you.
    Geez, I haven't ever had that many at once. I usually hover around 400-500 and then spend a bunch on my alts to boost them to about 5-10k because I'm super lazy to do WQ with them, but still spam missions for AP.

    But yeah, regardless I always keep at least a 50 Resource item on CA (unless I can get a 100 one). Other than that it's all gold since it just feeds into earning me free playtime and other goodies lol.

    Most resources I had was on my pally main who had 40k then I'm now at 20k because after I hit exalted with Legionfall I stopped doing WQ altogether. Unless they are gear upgrades on an alt, give a piece of PvP gear that I don't have for mogging or Marks of of Honor. Even then I just use the insta-WQ complete token on most.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Geez, I haven't ever had that many at once. I usually hover around 400-500 and then spend a bunch on my alts to boost them to about 5-10k because I'm super lazy to do WQ with them, but still spam missions for AP.
    Since both my DH and Paladin have all (but 1) Tilted champions, and I don't actively play them, I skip most of the missions. I only do gold, Legionfall Supply, and follower equipment missions on them. When I get AK 50 on my Druid, I'll bump them up to AK 45 and then get the last 5 AK, THEN worry about AP for them

    Though yeah I'm also too lazy to WQ on them, but all of them have the free WQ completion every 18h thing, so they at least get a solid 50-100 resources per WQ.


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  9. #249
    On the bright side,

    http://imgur.com/a/ttN5S

    I think it's questionable if the elite strike missions are even really all that worth doing, at least the AP (and especially nethershard) one. 33.7m AP for tying up 1-2 followers for 2 days (maybe down to about 1.5 days with heavy speed buffs) is a really big opportunity cost, and the AP reward isn't even all that that great. You get ~10m AP from a regular 6-12 hour AP mission with the bonus roll, and if you tie up your followers on elite missions, chances are you will miss out on some of the shorter missions. Even if you have dedicated +8 hour geared followers to activate, you still are limited to 1 per day, and still have the opportunity cost of having your better followers deactivated.

    I don't know, I am half inclined to ignore them - at least except the Legionfall supplies mission, which gives 5 caches with a chance at legendaries.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I think it's questionable if the elite strike missions are even really all that worth doing, at least the AP (and especially nethershard) one. 33.7m AP for tying up 1-2 followers for 2 days (maybe down to about 1.5 days with heavy speed buffs) is a really big opportunity cost, and the AP reward isn't even all that that great. You get ~10m AP from a regular 6-12 hour AP mission with the bonus roll, and if you tie up your followers on elite missions, chances are you will miss out on some of the shorter missions. Even if you have dedicated +8 hour geared followers to activate, you still are limited to 1 per day, and still have the opportunity cost of having your better followers deactivated.

    I don't know, I am half inclined to ignore them - at least except the Legionfall supplies mission, which gives 5 caches with a chance at legendaries.
    Yeah, the Legionfall Supplies one is by far the most lucrative and should always be done (if done quickly enough, you can do it three times per Command Center, netting you up to 15 turnins!), while AP isn't as powerful, and Nethershards... meh. By the time you can do Elite Strikes, your character should be way past needing 880 pieces (and the "chance for a legendary", please; much better spent trying to get 3x of the 500 caches per CC).

    I might need to figure out some better optimizing strategy for the Elite Strikes to really get the most out of them. That, or Blizzard should consider nerfing the ludicrous duration just a bit. Or maybe they could make it so each % above 100% gives Reduction. That'd be really nice.


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah, the Legionfall Supplies one is by far the most lucrative and should always be done (if done quickly enough, you can do it three times per Command Center, netting you up to 15 turnins!), while AP isn't as powerful, and Nethershards... meh. By the time you can do Elite Strikes, your character should be way past needing 880 pieces (and the "chance for a legendary", please; much better spent trying to get 3x of the 500 caches per CC).

    I might need to figure out some better optimizing strategy for the Elite Strikes to really get the most out of them. That, or Blizzard should consider nerfing the ludicrous duration just a bit. Or maybe they could make it so each % above 100% gives Reduction. That'd be really nice.
    The value of nethershards isn't the 880 pieces, it's the ability to spam for Dauntless Trinkets, with the potential to drop any Legion trinket that exists at 880 base ilvl, with the chance to TF to 925. That includes stuff like Arcanocrystal, which gives it incredible value. Still not worth it to do the 7500 nethershard mission though, because there are more effective and less costly ways to get them.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The value of nethershards isn't the 880 pieces, it's the ability to spam for Dauntless Trinkets, with the potential to drop any Legion trinket that exists at 880 base ilvl, with the chance to TF to 925. That includes stuff like Arcanocrystal, which gives it incredible value. Still not worth it to do the 7500 nethershard mission though, because there are more effective and less costly ways to get them.
    ??? I thought Dauntless trinkets are specific to that token (and also start at 850 base iLvl). Relinquished I know can be anything (including Arcano).


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ??? I thought Dauntless trinkets are specific to that token (and also start at 850 base iLvl). Relinquished I know can be anything (including Arcano).
    Yeah, Relinquished is what I meant.

  14. #254
    So here's an update for any Druids with alts, I finally have a Moroes and a non-Moroes build (as well as some notes or possibly a second non-Moroes build) for every class! The numbers and stuff are pretty much all that's left and should be done in the next day or so!

    Update: Also changed the Druid page so it's no longer the primary focus (rip). The rosters are also on the Druid page as well now.
    Druid is still the most detailed atm, but this is pretty much where it's not just going to be a focus on Druids
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-16 at 12:38 AM.


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  15. #255
    Question about Valeera/Rogues: Doesn't her effect basically mean your unit is neither losing nor gaining vitality on a certain mission? (losing because of the mission, winning because of Valeera equals 0). If so, doesn't that make her quite useless as you are bound to use her with one unit you don't want to lose without even healing it?

  16. #256
    the nethershard one seems like a waste to me; 1.5 880 token rolls just seems like a bad return on follower time unless you get an extremely favorable set of counters.

    the artifact power one imo is worthwhile; it's the equivalent of 3-4 regular AP missions w/bonuses, which is probably more than you could get out of 1-2 followers in an equivalent amount of mission time.

    the legionfall resources one is a must-do, especially since the boxes seem to be such a good source of legendaries.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvar View Post
    Question about Valeera/Rogues: Doesn't her effect basically mean your unit is neither losing nor gaining vitality on a certain mission? (losing because of the mission, winning because of Valeera equals 0). If so, doesn't that make her quite useless as you are bound to use her with one unit you don't want to lose without even healing it?
    True, but there are times when you're sending Sylendra and get 0 benefit since you already have 5 shrooms, or you simply don't get a shroom, while also providing no bonus outside of Resto and Spell counters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    the nethershard one seems like a waste to me; 1.5 880 token rolls just seems like a bad return on follower time unless you get an extremely favorable set of counters.

    the artifact power one imo is worthwhile; it's the equivalent of 3-4 regular AP missions w/bonuses, which is probably more than you could get out of 1-2 followers in an equivalent amount of mission time.

    the legionfall resources one is a must-do, especially since the boxes seem to be such a good source of legendaries.
    Nethershard: Even then, you're likely out of some troops and/or 1-2 champions for at least a day, which is no bueno.

    AP: It's not bad; best timed when an AK will come up just before the mission completes. I currently have an AP mission still on my board, will probably start it today since tomorrow is an AK day.

    Resources: Yes. You do that shit and you don't stop. Gold, resources, shards, and decent chance at legendaries/BLP.


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    True, but there are times when you're sending Sylendra and get 0 benefit since you already have 5 shrooms, or you simply don't get a shroom, while also providing no bonus outside of Resto and Spell counters.
    At least Sylendra allows me to act flexibly. I might just keep my troops at home for several days and can heal them to full health. If I have a mission that is countered by a Rogue-DGW I necessarily have to put Valeera on the same mission even if she does not fit the needed counters.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvar View Post
    At least Sylendra allows me to act flexibly. I might just keep my troops at home for several days and can heal them to full health. If I have a mission that is countered by a Rogue-DGW I necessarily have to put Valeera on the same mission even if she does not fit the needed counters.
    I agree that it's better to bank on the Shrooms so you don't have to send Valeera+T7 troop, but the 100% guarantee is pretty nice. Plus it gives a class a reason to use the T7 Troop 20% Success item, while I'd highly recommend that NO OTHER CLASS EVER USE because it's worthless otherwise.

    If I ever get around to making a Rogue and testing it out instead of just using Feelycraft, I'll definitely update that.


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  20. #260
    Hi, I like to optimize my Followers. I found your Order Hall Champion Optimization by Polarthief/Frozenclaws and I have some questions about it please.

    Is there a Order Advancement recommendation ? I can see that you are using 7 followers. I took Wardens of the Grove was then a bad decision of me?

    I do not have Moroes. What is the different between Non-Moroes Druid Main and Non-Moroes Druid build in your google doc?

    Thanks !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •