Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Used to. Got fed up with her shit. I'd rather have a mostly useless ability that is sometimes super useful when it works on some of the Argus rares than Faerie Dragons that do almost no damage and keep me in combat.
    Told you

*thumbs up*
    I haven’t been to Argus yet though – so even if I get nothing that might be due to not having unlocked something necessary.

They're items (like Balls/Healing Items), so no you cannot build them, but you can use them like any other troop.

Also do you know if you can only have 2 of the new troops up at any given time or is it 2 of EACH of the new troops? I didn't do PTR so idk.
    Important troops you can’t build via app? I just feel my interest in Orderhall stuff decreasing a lot… No idea about said counter.

I mean some people really want to use her. It's suboptimal but only by 10% tops and not the massive amount it used to be (15% + T2 Items over a weaker build for non-T2 champs).
    True that. We’ll see how it plays out.

Checked out my alts with Champion stuff work orders on the App: Mage, Priest, DH, Rogue, Paladin, all with 4/4 ready - I got only Champion equipment, no Armor items at all. Possibly because you can buy a BoA item that brings a Champion to iLvl 880 for 400 Nethershards, and I assume the Argus items for iLvl 900 will be similarly easy to come by.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Used to. Got fed up with her shit. I'd rather have a mostly useless ability that is sometimes super useful when it works on some of the Argus rares than Faerie Dragons that do almost no damage and keep me in combat.
    Heh, at least in the current circumstances using Remulos as a CA is not so bad anymore, I was wondering should I swap him for Thisalee in the end never did because clicky button convenience was just too nice for me to pass up.

Only problem is now for my mage, I have Vargoth as CA and while you said greater troop affinity champions are not a big deal, having only 1 Blizzard counter (Meryl) might be. But Millhouse just seems to have too much of a downside really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvar View Post
    Important troops you can’t build via app? I just feel my interest in Orderhall stuff decreasing a lot… No idea about said counter.
    You're only going to use them on Argus Elite missions, especially if they also have Hazards.

I'm just REALLY worried about the QoL of them if when we get the others it's 2 new troops total or 2 of EACH type. Huge difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Heh, at least in the current circumstances using Remulos as a CA is not so bad anymore, I was wondering should I swap him for Thisalee in the end never did because clicky button convenience was just too nice for me to pass up.
    Remulos wouldn't be a bad choice either no. The only mediocre choice really is Thisalee purely for balancing Dash.

Granted my Naralex has two legendaries so I refuse to swap him until I get those back.

Only problem is now for my mage, I have Vargoth as CA and while you said greater troop affinity champions are not a big deal, having only 1 Blizzard counter (Meryl) might be. But Millhouse just seems to have too much of a downside really.
    Millhouse's 2x duration sucks and his 20% against bosses is weaker (due to Argus Elites), but if you deck him with >8h/16h stuff, he'll be able to 200% pretty much anything, albeit on a really long timer.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Naralex is caca on Argus rares, you don't get the sleep or the damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Naralex is caca on Argus rares, you don't get the sleep or the damage buff.
    You do on about 5-10% of them. About the same as it's been in 7.2.

Regardless, he's non-intrusive and one of the probable CAs most people have had from before. If you don't have legendaries used, feel free to swap to someone better (Remulos is arguably best non-intrusive CA), but I used Naralex simply because he didn't keep me in combat, not because I needed help.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I use Naralex myself. His CA ability is really nice for world PvP, since it's a 3 second stun that isn't affected by stun DRs, and you can't trinket or bubble out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Checked out my alts with Champion stuff work orders on the App: Mage, Priest, DH, Rogue, Paladin, all with 4/4 ready - I got only Champion equipment, no Armor items at all. Possibly because you can buy a BoA item that brings a Champion to iLvl 880 for 400 Nethershards, and I assume the Argus items for iLvl 900 will be similarly easy to come by.
    I second this. I got old equipment and neither armor nor Argus stuff. As the latter comes in different crates I assume our T3 option to be useless and I'll switch back if the weekend doesn't provide anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    I use Naralex myself. His CA ability is really nice for world PvP, since it's a 3 second stun that isn't affected by stun DRs, and you can't trinket or bubble out of it.
    The ability is nice for the PvP towers as it helps you bring down the boss faster. Otherwise it's as Polarthief pointed out: He doesn't annoy you but provides gold and ressources. That's just fine.

Y(Remulos is arguably best non-intrusive CA)
    I don't think any combat ally we have can mess with a passive Thisalee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvar View Post
    I don't think any combat ally we have can mess with a passive Thisalee.
    Thisalee can be 100% passive? News to me since I never used her. I assumed the 7.2 bodyguards all had the same similar toggle.

Deleted
    Thisalee can be 100% passive? News to me since I never used her. I assumed the 7.2 bodyguards all had the same similar toggle.
    Passive as in never ever showing up but still buffing? No. She will still pop up in combat now and then, but her form-specific buffs will always be on.

I assumed the 7.2 bodyguards all had the same similar toggle.
    They do, passive just means putting them in "proc" state but I think the proc AI for 7.2 champs is a bit better than the old proc champs (I remember endless annoyances of proc champions like Altruis/Kayn, Alonsus, Finna, Thassarian, Taran Zhu and so forth).

Another issue I have with 7.2 champions is they talk way too much. I tried the banshee on my Priest and omg the spam was real.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Passive as in never ever showing up but still buffing? No. She will still pop up in combat now and then, but her form-specific buffs will always be on.
    Oh well then she'd still be a huge hindrance. No thanks.

I also don't want to have to swap my counters around again, much less wanting to use Mylune or even worse, Shitmantle (who's also not Titled; I'm already dealing with Brightwing and trying to get a Balance AoW).

Also regarding the T3 Order Hall trait, let's chalk it up to being nearly useless on both ends. I'm going to assume you only get old pre-7.3 gear (could still get leggos), but the other trait doesn't fair much better anyways! No real room for the troops on the new missions . I guess their best use is for old rare missions (the raid missions that aren't SoT)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-09-01 at 02:05 PM.

I'm considering dropping meatball of all things because his bonus doesn't apply to argus elites with random side things. Not saying I'm going to do it, but his "weakness" is finally made clear.

Also regarding the T3 Order Hall trait, let's chalk it up to being nearly useless on both ends. I'm going to assume you only get old pre-7.3 gear (could still get leggos), but the other trait doesn't fair much better anyways! No real room for the troops on the new missions . I guess their best use is for old rare missions (the raid missions that aren't SoT)
    I haven't swapped, but my guildy did say he did get new green gear from it (he plays a class that gets the 12 hour boxes). So it might be worth swapping back, especially now that it seems like having more T1/T2 troops is almost useless with how the new missions are laid out. Especially if once we get to 950 champions the "old" quests might stop spawning, so using T1/T2 will be very rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebull View Post
    I'm considering dropping meatball of all things because his bonus doesn't apply to argus elites with random side things. Not saying I'm going to do it, but his "weakness" is finally made clear.
    He's still really good though on a lot of the boss encounter 2 slot missions, almost guarantee you'll get to 200%. It's worth keeping him around, even though he's proven not useful on some missions.

Those new missions that are 2 slots and require argus elite + hazard/minions/spell are hard in general to get high completion on. We don't have access to all the new argue elite troop types, and you need your champions geared to the teeth in +hazard/minions/spell to even get remotely close to 200%.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-09-01 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebull View Post
    While true, there's still plenty of 2-slot non-Argus Elite missions (also plenty of 3-slot missions without Argus Elites). Yes, he's WORTHLESS on Argus Elite missions (which I'm from now on referring to "AE" because typing that every time is a pain), but he's stupidly helpful on 2-slotters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    He's still really good though on a lot of the boss encounter 2 slot missions, almost guarantee you'll get to 200%. It's worth keeping him around, even though he's proven not useful on some missions.

Those new missions that are 2 slots and require argus elite + hazard/minions/spell are hard in general to get high completion on. We don't have access to all the new argue elite troop types, and you need your champions geared to the teeth in +hazard/minions/spell to even get remotely close to 200%.
    ^

The 30% against Threat gear is pretty dang helpful atm. I've also been stockpiling the old epic (40%) <4h/>8h and just switching around when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I haven't swapped, but my guildy did say he did get new green gear from it (he plays a class that gets the 12 hour boxes). So it might be worth swapping back
    WTB proooooooooooof.

PS: If anyone gets new gear from it, please try to provide proof (Druids/Monks/Shamans, a screenshot of your timestamps in chat will suffice since it'll be the same timestamp as your mission reward). Hearing about a "guildie of someone claiming something" isn't proof enough for me nor the spreadsheet sadly. I will however swap over because I'm never using T1/T2s and as a Druid, it doesn't even cost me resources.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a guildie of my own claiming he got an Argus equip from a Work Order (he's a Priest), so I'm going to assume it's just rare with all the garbage clouding up the work orders. Consider it unofficially confirmed.

No confirmation on Druid/Monk/Shaman equivalent, but I'm swapping my T3 right now so I'll know in a week or so if I get one.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got to use a T2 today. You'll NEVER see them 200%ing 2-slot missions though, guaranteed, especially now that Tokens and Embers are quite garbage (Sledgehammer and the 30% Threat-Specific items are > everything else right now)

Yeah, when you assign her as a bodyguard you get a buff which works like a toggle switch. Set her to bodyguard she's like Meatball and fights with her. Switch it the other way and she vanishes, popping in to pounce on things with her proc from time to time. Is it mylune who does that? Literally never used her as a follower.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    ---popping in to pounce on things with her proc from time to time. Is it mylune who does that? Literally never used her as a follower.
    That doesn't sound 100% passive, esp if it puts you in combat. Mylune summons faerie dragons and they keep you in combat and do piddly shit for damage.

Regardless, just gonna stick with Naralex cuz he's got 2 leggos and I don't really care for the help

Also RIP elite strike

"Contributing to a building on the Broken Shore no longer awards a Legionfall Recompense item, and the Artifact Power value of the Artifact Power token awarded has been reduced."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...3-patch-notes/

If I read that correctly, no more "legendary satchels" and AP from turn ins gets heavily nerfed. So it was fun while it lasted but I guess their focus is now on the new argus missions that will require the new argus special troops...
    Was 16m, now is 32. But AK became 4x stronger. So base token was halved. So you get that and the 150 rep. Just not the bag with bonus shards, resources, and chance at leggo.

re: Thisalee

You always get the buffs. The pounce is an instant aoe that can proc on single mobs and she vanishes afterward - so she never keeps you in combat.
    She's my CA and I've ran with all of them. But interested to see how things pan out now b/c of course I've set her up with leggos as well..

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Was 16m, now is 32. But AK became 4x stronger. So base token was halved. So you get that and the 150 rep. Just not the bag with bonus shards, resources, and chance at leggo.
    Yeah and 32m x5 isn't really worth the time you lose the followers for. You might as well be going for the 500m token instead, which also isn't worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lycanious View Post
    re: Thisalee

You always get the buffs. The pounce is an instant aoe that can proc on single mobs and she vanishes afterward - so she never keeps you in combat.
    She's my CA and I've ran with all of them. But interested to see how things pan out now b/c of course I've set her up with leggos as well..
    Gotcha. Yeah that sounds like she'd be fun but I have my leggos tied to Naralex so I don't really have options. Just swap out Naralex for Mylune and running a Feral AoW using the Meatball roster I posted.