Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post
    guys what would you recommend for 6 followers if I don't have Moroes and don't want to play with wild mushrooms on troops ?
    Why would you not want the wild mushrooms?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    Why would you not want the wild mushrooms?
    Because I'm a fat, lazy bear, that's why. Playing with the +20% extra success chance balls is enough clicking for me.

    EDIT: I'm sure other people might reference having to dedicate a bag slot to the mushrooms.

  3. #43
    You've spent more time typing your reasoning for not using mushrooms and moving your mouse than it takes to use mushrooms

  4. #44
    Some people also prefer not to use something that might be classified as an exploit.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Some people also prefer not to use something that might be classified as an exploit.
    But... its an item being used to keep your troops alive. There is no exploit here.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    But... its an item being used to keep your troops alive. There is no exploit here.
    The exploit is that you can double-dip on both class hall researchs, which is clearly not intended. If it becomes wide-spread enough i'm sure they will fix it somehow either way.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The exploit is that you can double-dip on both class hall researchs, which is clearly not intended. If it becomes wide-spread enough i'm sure they will fix it somehow either way.
    While that can be done, you can still use it on the basic troops to keep them alive longer and save resources having to re train them often. I was not referencing using the item to keep exploited troops alive in my original post.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    Why would you not want the wild mushrooms?
    too lazy with this gardening stuff

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post
    too lazy with this gardening stuff
    Not talking about the order hall advancement choice where you plant the 2 seeds every 3 days. I'm talking about the item you get from one of your champions just for sending them out on missions.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Well with 7 followers there's a lot less need for "best" or "optimal". There will be plenty of combinations.

    I would suggest at a minimum you make sure you have 2 of every spec, and 2 of every hazard countered. That leaves 1 extra. The follower from Brawlers guild would be a good choice. You'll also want to use the new class 7.2 follower as they typically have a "powerful" 3rd ability.
    Is it actually a good idea to get 2 of each spec though? prior to 7.2 resto only had a tiny fraction of missions. Unless they added many more resto missions I would say it is smarter to get a 3rd feral (or balance) and stick with 1 resto follower.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Is it actually a good idea to get 2 of each spec though? prior to 7.2 resto only had a tiny fraction of missions. Unless they added many more resto missions I would say it is smarter to get a 3rd feral (or balance) and stick with 1 resto follower.
    That's a really good point! I'm looking at my mission table right now, I got 9 missions available and only 1 of those is Resto. Do we have some more concrete statistics available anywhere?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    That's a really good point! I'm looking at my mission table right now, I got 9 missions available and only 1 of those is Resto. Do we have some more concrete statistics available anywhere?
    If you want more anecdotal evidence, out of the 7 i have open right now, 6 are resto.

    Anyhow, this rule was true in 7.0, but they added a bunch of missions since then, so its unclear (to me) how this may have shifted. Someone would probably have to analyze the mission list again.

  13. #53
    To be fair, I don't see a lot of point in speccing out of Ancient of War. You get such ridiculous quantities of order hall resources in 7.2 with the extra emissary caches, legionfall supply caches, Broken Shore chests, etc., that even without a bodyguard with an Order Hall resources item, I am swimming in them to the point of having 150k and increasing. You can easily buy all 3 rolls with resources every week. May as well just stick with Ancient of War and use your shrooms on Wardens of the Grove (greatly reducing the need for shrooms too).

    Also, as soon as you can get one of the items that gives you an AP item plus either 50 gold or 100 resources, it is kind of silly not to run a bodyguard. Those 2 items stack too, so you could in theory set up a bodyguard such that you get as a bonus:

    100 gold / 100 order resources / 88,000 AP (at AK29) for every single world quest. I think that's well worth the follower slot. Thisalee is by far the best follower to use. She gives you a buff based on form (10% movement speed in Travel, 10% haste in Moonkin, 10% vers in Bear, etc.), which is a pretty huge buff for world quests, and you have the option of either using her as a Broll style bodyguard or just having her proc when you "are threatened" - which I suggest to keep her from being too annoying and messing with Shadowmeld, etc. You can use another follower as a bodyguard if you want, but you're then giving up 10% haste/vers/mastery (dependent on spec), which is just too big to give up IMO.

  14. #54
    it definitely seems to me as though there are more feral counters than anything else, at least on the missions I actually want to run (AP, gold.) I was going to bench one of the three ferals for another resto or balance follower, but it seems like that might not actually be a good choice (specially with meatball to cover when there are two resto or balance missions at once.)

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post
    guys what would you recommend for 6 followers if I don't have Moroes and don't want to play with wild mushrooms on troops ?
    I highly don't recommend doing this because there's no point to it and Brightwing is the only other resto, making this an incredibly silly choice since his effect is just a significantly weaker version of mushrooms. There's also no "playing with mushrooms" here. You collect mushrooms and use them on your Ancient of War/Dreamgrove Wardens when they don't have max HP.

    Regardless, since no one else did it yet, I'll give you your list:

    - Meatball (obviously) [None/None]
    - Remulos (obviously) [Balance/Spell]
    - Thisalee (obviously) [Feral/Hazard]
    - Brightwing [Resto/Minion]
    - Mylune [Balance/Hazard]
    - Hamuul [Feral/Minion]
    Totals: 2 Balance, 2 Feral, 1 Resto, 2 Minion, 2 Hazard, 1 Spell (+1 to 2 of the ability counters since you're going Wardens with this build)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The exploit is that you can double-dip on both class hall researchs, which is clearly not intended.
    I disagree. If it wasn't intended at all, her effect would be rather weak (practically pointless, even). Plus, not being able to recruit Ancients of War only amounts to 1k gold or 4k resources a week, which isn't huge (considering WQs giving thousands of resources/bloods for resources and a single 850+ gold mission gives well over 2k gold). The only useful thing from this is getting both the Wardens and extra champion. We're also not the only class who can benefit from this, and I find it odd they wouldn't outright remove troops that you can't recruit since that's their usual MO for "things that are intended". There's no way they don't know about this, yet it's still here in 7.2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Is it actually a good idea to get 2 of each spec though? prior to 7.2 resto only had a tiny fraction of missions. Unless they added many more resto missions I would say it is smarter to get a 3rd feral (or balance) and stick with 1 resto follower.
    I'm pretty sure they added more, plus you should have Meatball to cover any mission you have no champions for that moment anyway if need be (or to get the extra 100% for the bonus).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    To be fair, I don't see a lot of point in speccing out of Ancient of War. You get such ridiculous quantities of order hall resources in 7.2 with the extra emissary caches, legionfall supply caches, Broken Shore chests, etc., that even without a bodyguard with an Order Hall resources item, I am swimming in them to the point of having 150k and increasing. You can easily buy all 3 rolls with resources every week. May as well just stick with Ancient of War and use your shrooms on Wardens of the Grove (greatly reducing the need for shrooms too).
    If I spent an extra 4k per week for my 3rd seal, that would easily add up though. I may have 44k resources now, but 7k a week will easily eat into it. It also lets me completely ignore resource WQs and just go for AP, Blood, and Gold ones for my emissaries instead.

    Also, 4k/week resources is pretty nasty for alts to deal with (if you get coins on them) while dealing with mushrooms is super easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Also, as soon as you can get one of the items that gives you an AP item plus either 50 gold or 100 resources, it is kind of silly not to run a bodyguard. Those 2 items stack too, so you could in theory set up a bodyguard such that you get as a bonus:
    Keep in mind you don't need a BODYGUARD, you just need a combat ally. My go-to was Naralex when I was farming resources, and should I ever get one of the legendaries that gives AP from every WQ, I'll probably use him as my 7th. I personally hate Bodyguards because of my experience with them in WoD and I personally don't want to bother experiencing it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    100 gold / 100 order resources / 88,000 AP (at AK29) for every single world quest. I think that's well worth the follower slot. Thisalee is by far the best follower to use. She gives you a buff based on form (10% movement speed in Travel, 10% haste in Moonkin, 10% vers in Bear, etc.), which is a pretty huge buff for world quests, and you have the option of either using her as a Broll style bodyguard or just having her proc when you "are threatened" - which I suggest to keep her from being too annoying and messing with Shadowmeld, etc. You can use another follower as a bodyguard if you want, but you're then giving up 10% haste/vers/mastery (dependent on spec), which is just too big to give up IMO.
    Except then you're giving up Thisalee, arguably one of the best 3 followers (4 if Moroes is included) for a Bodyguard slot. Like, if you need the Bodyguard, sure, but outside of rares on BS (which aren't really needed anymore) and harder WQs (that you can just WQGF for), there's no need for a Bodyguard. I don't think I've ever been in any world content scenario and thought "man I sure could use a bodyguard right now".


    I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

  16. #56
    If you're not aiming for top 100 world there's no real need to go hard on AP, so all you're using class hall quests for is gold, which bodyguards give you with the appropriate items. You will appreciate the extra gold you got next expansion and not necessarily the extra AP due to AK scaling. Also follower buffs means less time spent world questing

  17. #57
    mushrooms are still useful even if you don't wanna do the thing where you baby along an ancient of war; they keep your grove wardens alive which saves you a small amount of resources and prevents you from occasionally having both die and not having one available for 30 minutes. Also if you're using thisalee to run missions, it's better to have a 3/3 health guy than a 1/3 health one.

    and assuming you want a resto follower the only alternative to sylendra is brightwing, who's not really any great shakes

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I highly don't recommend doing this because there's no point to it and Brightwing is the only other resto, making this an incredibly silly choice since his effect is just a significantly weaker version of mushrooms. There's also no "playing with mushrooms" here. You collect mushrooms and use them on your Ancient of War/Dreamgrove Wardens when they don't have max HP.

    Regardless, since no one else did it yet, I'll give you your list:

    - Meatball (obviously) [None/None]
    - Remulos (obviously) [Balance/Spell]
    - Thisalee (obviously) [Feral/Hazard]
    - Brightwing [Resto/Minion]
    - Mylune [Balance/Hazard]
    - Hamuul [Feral/Minion]
    Totals: 2 Balance, 2 Feral, 1 Resto, 2 Minion, 2 Hazard, 1 Spell (+1 to 2 of the ability counters since you're going Wardens with this build)



    I disagree. If it wasn't intended at all, her effect would be rather weak (practically pointless, even). Plus, not being able to recruit Ancients of War only amounts to 1k gold or 4k resources a week, which isn't huge (considering WQs giving thousands of resources/bloods for resources and a single 850+ gold mission gives well over 2k gold). The only useful thing from this is getting both the Wardens and extra champion. We're also not the only class who can benefit from this, and I find it odd they wouldn't outright remove troops that you can't recruit since that's their usual MO for "things that are intended". There's no way they don't know about this, yet it's still here in 7.2.



    I'm pretty sure they added more, plus you should have Meatball to cover any mission you have no champions for that moment anyway if need be (or to get the extra 100% for the bonus).

    - - - Updated - - -



    If I spent an extra 4k per week for my 3rd seal, that would easily add up though. I may have 44k resources now, but 7k a week will easily eat into it. It also lets me completely ignore resource WQs and just go for AP, Blood, and Gold ones for my emissaries instead.

    Also, 4k/week resources is pretty nasty for alts to deal with (if you get coins on them) while dealing with mushrooms is super easy.



    Keep in mind you don't need a BODYGUARD, you just need a combat ally. My go-to was Naralex when I was farming resources, and should I ever get one of the legendaries that gives AP from every WQ, I'll probably use him as my 7th. I personally hate Bodyguards because of my experience with them in WoD and I personally don't want to bother experiencing it again.



    Except then you're giving up Thisalee, arguably one of the best 3 followers (4 if Moroes is included) for a Bodyguard slot. Like, if you need the Bodyguard, sure, but outside of rares on BS (which aren't really needed anymore) and harder WQs (that you can just WQGF for), there's no need for a Bodyguard. I don't think I've ever been in any world content scenario and thought "man I sure could use a bodyguard right now".
    Sure, Thisalee is a good champion for missions. However, her unique mechanic is kind of clunky (forces you to worry about having high health troops vs any troops, etc.), and unless you are maxing that bonus out with something like 7 health (1 Ancient + 1 Druid of the Grove) on missions you send her on, she isn't all that much better than another Feral follower like say Broll for example.

    In comparison, she is by far the best bodyguard option, because no other bodyguard gives you that 10% haste buff. By using something like Naralex as a bodyguard instead of her, you're basically doing close to 10% less damage in the open world, which is huge. The difference between Thisalee and other bodyguard options in terms of value is significantly more than the difference between Thisalee and a different mission follower. If bodyguards annoy you, you can just use her extra action button to set her to only "appear when you are threatened". This causes her to not show up/aggro/fuck up Shadowmeld and only come in to do a massive damage attack when you are at low health or something. You still get the DPS bonus and the bonus from any bodyguard resource items you have equipped on her with her in that mode too, so there's no real downside (aside from the follower slot).

    As far as order resources, what I am saying is that my total income of order resources each week greatly exceeds the 7000 I spend on bonus rolls, plus the resources to send out missions. I started 7.2 with about 80,000 resources and now have 150,000+, despite buying bonus rolls, building the order hall upgrades, and sending out missions as much as I can. That extra bonus roll has no value if you are taking in so many resources that it more than covers it.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    In comparison, she is by far the best bodyguard option, because no other bodyguard gives you that 10% haste buff. By using something like Naralex as a bodyguard instead of her, you're basically doing close to 10% less damage in the open world, which is huge. The difference between Thisalee and other bodyguard options in terms of value is significantly more than the difference between Thisalee and a different mission follower. If bodyguards annoy you, you can just use her extra action button to set her to only "appear when you are threatened". This causes her to not show up/aggro/fuck up Shadowmeld and only come in to do a massive damage attack when you are at low health or something. You still get the DPS bonus and the bonus from any bodyguard resource items you have equipped on her with her in that mode too, so there's no real downside (aside from the follower slot)..
    It sounds to me like you actually haven't played with Thisalee and all of the other followers.
    Her "massive damage attack" is rather weak (maybe 4% of my own damage in an average solo fight against a Broken Shore rare), and while the 10% buffs are pretty nice, overall its rather underwhelming. Mobs don't die significantly quicker from that, since they already die rather fast.

    The strongest combat ally follower by far is Keeper Remolus, his charge does 10 million damage easily on a single target (ie. a huge rare), which does significantly speed up kills that actually take a while - or you can basically insta-kill a huge group of mobs (after you collected them).

    I rather use her instead of Broll as a Feral champion, even though her second ability might not be that great, its still better then Brolls resource cost reduction, which is entirely useless for any half-active player (as you say yourself, we swim in resources)
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-04-17 at 01:50 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    It sounds to me like you actually haven't played with Thisalee and all of the other followers.
    Her "massive damage attack" is rather weak (maybe 4% of my own damage in an average solo fight against a Broken Shore rare), and while the 10% buffs are pretty nice, overall its rather underwhelming. Mobs don't die significantly quicker from that, since they already die rather fast.

    The strongest combat ally follower by far is Keeper Remolus, his charge does 10 million damage easily on a single target (ie. a huge rare), which does significantly speed up kills that actually take a while - or you can basically insta-kill a huge group of mobs (after you collected them).

    I rather use her instead of Broll as a Feral champion, even though her second ability might not be that great, its still better then Brolls resource cost reduction, which is entirely useless for any half-active player (as you say yourself, we swim in resources)
    I haven't played with Keeper Remulos as a body guard since about September, but even with his active ability being quite strong, it's still a 3 minute CD that is only going to be up for like every 10th pull. I'd much rather a passive 10% haste buff that is on all the time and that I don't have to worry about while doing world content than a 3 minute CD.

    Sure, Broll's resource cost ability is close to worthless. He's only there so that you have a Dash/Hazard counter or a second Dash if you also use Mylune. The reality is that with the 3rd equipment slot, having a weak second ability isn't the biggest deal in the world; you can still easily counter everything that you need to. My point is that Thisalee's second ability isn't so amazing that I find it worth keeping her on missions when she has (at least for me) the best bodyguard setup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •