Deleted

Darkmoon trinket for Restoration Druid

I've been debating if it's worth getting this trinket.
    We know that it's extremely expensive to make because of the amount of herbs needed for it so i'm not sure.
    But the mana reduction looks a lot like Socrethar's trinket in HFC, which was amazing. Thoughts?
    What dungeon trinkets do you guys think are the best? The suramar dungeon trinket for one, probably.

I've been dealing with the same issue; no clue which trinkets I really want.

But the Darkmoon card seems very mediocre ...

** Sorry can't post links cuz I'm a newb on the forums **

the WoD mana reduction cost trinket, Demonic Phylactery, gave 397 mana reduction on ilvl695 and 502 on ilvl720. (wowhead /item=124233/demonic-phylactery&bonus=1799)
    the Darkmoon card gives 230-920 (average of 575) mana reduction on ilvl850. (wowhead /item=128710/darkmoon-deck-promises&bonus=669#comments)

the Darkmoon card gives only a fraction more per cast as Phylactery but we have 5x as much total mana (idk how I managed to forget this quickly but WoD was 200k mana right xD?)

yeah the trinket is bad, it's like a 1% cutoff on a lot of spells and would maybe be an extra cast or 2 a minute most the time

you're a lot better off just trying to get amalgam's 7th spine from black rook hold as it gives the same amount of extra man, assuming you use you're just using your OoC procs, and will refund even more if you go beyond that, and the mythic version is a 15-20% refund depending on which version to healing touch and will be mana positive in general with OoC/MoC

for instance, just compare the max discount of 920 on the 7/7 obliterum version (http://www.wowhead.com/item=128710/d...ises&bonus=669) to rejuvenation's current 110 cost it's about 4.2% of the cost, giving you maybe 1 extra rejuvenation for every 24th rejuv (assuming the trinket actually does what the tooltip states it does, this is wow of course) and the trinket isn't always gonna' be rolled to the ace, usually it'll be 2/3 as effective on average

and then once raids unlock the cocoon trinket from elerethe will hilariously outclass it instead of just being a dungeon drop that is slightly above or equal to it

then again this IS assuming darkmoon deck: promises funcions the way it describes itself on tooltip

and as a sideline the trinket might still be decent on disc priests with plea anyways (?) (I don't actually know how hard the dps trinket hotfix nerf hit disc, but just in case they dont want shoot nuke on 1min cd trinkets anymore)
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-09-06 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeny95 View Post
    I've been debating if it's worth getting this trinket.
    We know that it's extremely expensive to make because of the amount of herbs needed for it so i'm not sure.
    But the mana reduction looks a lot like Socrethar's trinket in HFC, which was amazing. Thoughts?
    What dungeon trinkets do you guys think are the best? The suramar dungeon trinket for one, probably.
    The HFC trinket was great because it reduced the cost by a lot. I don't think the DMF trinket does that.

If you look at rejuvenate the DP trinket from HFC reduced the mana cost by something of 6-10% per cast.

The DMF trinket on average reduces the absolute mana cost of spells by a little more than DP, but our spells have become 4 times more expensive. Making the trinket reduce the mana cost of rejuvenation by like 1-2%. Making it much much worse.

I'm not sure how good the intellect is on top of that; but I don't see me taking it for the mana reduction in this state.

at ilvl 850 the average reduction (assuming the tooltip is accurate/intuitive) is 575. Assuming a cast every 1.5s (which realistically you probably don't do but w/e), that's a shade under 2000 mp/5, which is quite a bit more than the 840 spine with less active management.

I dunno, I think it's a clear BiS pre-raid trinket... but I'm not sure whether it's worth dropping 250k on crafting and upgrading it.

ed: by comparison the 850 cocoon is 3600 mp/5 equivalent, if you can sit and channel for the full duration (not necessarily realistic.)
    Last edited by Cheze; 2016-09-06 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    at ilvl 850 the average reduction (assuming the tooltip is accurate/intuitive) is 575. Assuming a cast every 1.5s (which realistically you probably don't do but w/e), that's a shade under 2000 mp/5, which is quite a bit more than the 840 spine with less active management.

I dunno, I think it's a clear BiS pre-raid trinket... but I'm not sure whether it's worth dropping 250k on crafting and upgrading it.

ed: by comparison the 850 cocoon is 3600 mp/5 equivalent, if you can sit and channel for the full duration (not necessarily realistic.)
    I mean the bigger thing is that you're really really never going to be casting that much so it's not anywhere near that much while 7th spine isn't really high mangement, OoC procs take care of themselves (the debuff that provides the refund falls onto the spell target rather than on the caster) what I'd guess to be 0.9k mana per 5 after haste from OoC regrowths (realistically the range of and 0-1k more if they actually fix lifebloom refreshing from healing touch depending on the amount of movement and how much you need to move it and can also be abused to some extent with innervate if needed

I mean that said though, if the boss is blowing up you're raid while you have ace out it's actually pretty damn good, but I mean so is every random proc trinket

and the other big issue is how absurdly long the regen on either of those trinkets takes to provide any extra casts though, I was just using a trinket that had a similar amount of mana for the example, I mean realistically though this early on an extra rejuv and a half per minute isn't really that bad though, just it's really not great either

but I mean I don't really think those ones totally compete with some of the throughput ones available in dungeons atm, look into moonlit prism (~10% more healing for big damage things if you're able to pre-hot and use it well with flourish+g'hanir it can be great) or obelisk of the void (assuming they're both usable in resto, obelisk at least should be, but has its limitations), and the proc ones will always be mediocre just cause you can't control the procs of course, and bottled hurricane seems ok, but I really would have to see it in a raid environment to make a good judgement
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-09-06 at 12:34 PM.