Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Terrified to change loot spec.

So I main a Resto Shaman and just recently hit 840 ilvl. I figured that I have some guildies who still need heroics so maybe I should set my spec to enhance for better relics and trinkets for the spec. But then I get terrified that the first boss I kill after setting the spec will drop a legendary for my off spec. Anyone else have this fear? I feel like no matter what spec I am in or how geared it is, my loot spec has to be set to my main spec or I could potentially miss out.

Deleted
    Yes! Exactly! I have 843ilvl outlaw rogue with 3x840 weapon relics and i would really love to get relics for Sub and Assa (have only crap ones from WQs) but i am afraid this what u say would exactly happen...

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I feel the same way. The best thing to do is group up with guildies that share the same relics and then trade ones they don't need.

10+ Year Old Account
    im at 840 ilvl and got same feeling.... Tanking in fury loot spec all the time risking it for some relics :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

You also have the added bonus that you'll roll titanforged stuff for your offspec as well. I ran a few dungeons as a tank with DPS loot spec without thinking about this, rolling a worthless 850 trinket before I realized my mistake...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

7+ Year Old Account
    It is the chance you have to take. Maybe if you get an awesome legendary for your offspec, it might push you to make it your main There is always a risk when it comes with leveling an off-spec, since you might get the wrong loot. Back in the days, you might do a dungeon as your healer offspec and get that rare epic trinket from a dungeon, so it is not something new. Take the risk or don't take an offspec.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It is the chance you have to take. Maybe if you get an awesome legendary for your offspec, it might push you to make it your main There is always a risk when it comes with leveling an off-spec, since you might get the wrong loot. Back in the days, you might do a dungeon as your healer offspec and get that rare epic trinket from a dungeon, so it is not something new. Take the risk or don't take an offspec.
    And so, the LFG pool is further desaturated with tanks and healers. Surely to everyone's benefit...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I was changing my loot spec constantly in dungeons depending on what the boss dropped. Now something like 100 heroics in I'm afraid to switch loot specs at all. I always feel like with the bad luck protection the next boss I kill will drop a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    And so, the LFG pool is further desaturated with tanks and healers. Surely to everyone's benefit...
    I feel like there's plenty of tanks and healers in the queue right now. As a dps I don't think I've had to wait longer than 12-14 minutes once yet. This is a far cry from 30m queues that used to be there during WoD / Cata.

I know I will get flamed for this, but I truly believe Blizz should have (and maybe will in the future), implement a 2nd loot toggle for Legendary items. I see all of this going south really quickly once more gear is acquired without a legendary drop (or the one legendary you are after). Adding a 2nd loot toggle for legendaries would really benefit the community, I believe.

Example: Tommy is a Ret Pally. He just hit 843 in his Ret set, but no legendary. He wants to tank heroics and speed up the process, but will not be able to get tank gear while doing it. This makes Tommy afraid to tank in suboptimal gear, as it also makes his groups sad that he is a blessing to tank for them, but a difficult tank to run with.

Now Tommy can switch regular loot to Tank and keep Ret for legendaries. After a few Heroics and WQs, Tommy has certifiable tank gear, and another tank is added to the LFG pool. Everyone is happy!

For some reason I thought legendaries are independent of loot spec

Quote Originally Posted by Crewsix View Post
    For some reason I thought legendaries are independent of loot spec
    They probably should be class-wide for this reason, yeah. Ideally the effects would apply to all specs, too.

Deleted
    i dont know how the bad luck protection works, but i have to assume right now that once ANY legendary drops it resets.

SO i will never change my loot spec until i hear otherwise.

Im in the same boat. 840 tank with dps trinkets because I will not risk getting a tank legendary when I'm raiding as dps.

One can over-obsess about things.

Slightly off topic: But does anyone know, whether there is an ilvl requirement for legendaries to drop? Ilvl alone makes them very strong...and so far nobody in my guild has seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Slightly off topic: But does anyone know, whether there is an ilvl requirement for legendaries to drop? Ilvl alone makes them very strong...and so far nobody in my guild has seen one.
    There is not. A casual from my guild got one two days ago while still wearing greens. I don't think he was over 800

Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    So I main a Resto Shaman and just recently hit 840 ilvl. I figured that I have some guildies who still need heroics so maybe I should set my spec to enhance for better relics and trinkets for the spec. But then I get terrified that the first boss I kill after setting the spec will drop a legendary for my off spec. Anyone else have this fear? I feel like no matter what spec I am in or how geared it is, my loot spec has to be set to my main spec or I could potentially miss out.
    Yes, this is a major concern I have, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    There is not. A casual from my guild got one two days ago while still wearing greens. I don't think he was over 800
    Okay, thank you.

One of arms warriors top 3 trinkets drops off Odyn. It ONLY drops for tank specs though. So every time I change loot spec I'm terrified of getting a legendary for a spec I will never play. At least you don't have to risk it for your best trinkets . I do have guildies come with to increase my chances as well