Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

World Quests probably best addition ever to the game?

for the first time we have something in the game that ACTUALLY brings players together in the open world. if the rewards should keep getting better with each patch AND Blizzard adds World Quests to all zones in the game AND improves the cross-realm-stuff (so that all of eu/us do one quest) ... then WoW will be the first ever REAL MassiveMultiPlayerOnlineGame in existence.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    for the first time we have something in the game that ACTUALLY brings players together in the open world. if the rewards should keep getting better with each patch AND Blizzard adds World Quests to all zones in the game AND improves the cross-realm-stuff (so that all of eu/us do one quest) ... then WoW will be the first ever REAL MassiveMultiPlayerOnlineGame in existence.
    Yeah, having the entire Diablo 3 Adventure system baked into Legion was such a phenomenal change. Doing the same quests I did while leveling for RNG rewards is super interesting too. I love slaughtering harpies over, and over, and over again. /sarcasm

I don't disagree that it's pretty cool to have in WoW (honest, not sarcasm), but to pretend it's going to bring players together in the open world and/or that it's not going to get incredibly redundant incredibly quickly is asinine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Best addition to the game? I don't think so. Really they are just glorified dailies. If they updated them to give better and better rewards as Legion went on then that would be great but to me still not the best. One thing i hate about them is they give so little rep. Would much rather have rep dailies back or even the tabard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving it, too, though it is frustrating that some quests won't work in groups and the quest progress is calculated per person instead of for the group. It's really nice getting to pick and choose what you do for the rewards you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the variety, both in the types of quests and the rewards, but they are already starting to feel stale. Not a design fault, really, but doing the same quest over and over isn't going to be engaging forever. Absolutely loved the T-Rex quest in Suramar the first and even second time but now I dread it.

Deleted
    guys...imagine...every zone scaling to max level...World Quests in every zone in all of WoW...different rewards each time.
    that would literally revive EVERY expansion.

and hell...it's not even impossible for them to do if they just change some normal quests like Nesingwary in Northern Stranglethorn to be World Quests instead.

just thinking about it gives me nerd chills.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    guys...imagine...every zone scaling to max level...World Quests in every zone in all of WoW...different rewards each time.
    that would literally revive EVERY expansion.

and hell...it's not even impossible for them to do if they just change some normal quests like Nesingwary in Northern Stranglethorn to be World Quests instead.

just thinking about it gives me nerd chills.
    It doesn't matter how many they add or what they give. At the end of the day they are dailies and will get boring fast.

Deleted
    If only it would show profession quests on the map....

10+ Year Old Account
    Copy from FFXIV Fates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh they are nothing like FATEs.

Yeah , world quests is awesome addition.

Good addition, but best ever? No. It is basically global daily quests on different timers without the requirement of flying directly to the hub and doing the same quests over and over. I don't find it to be all that "new" and really just to be a better version of daily questing, mixed with Diablo Adventures, mixed with what other MMOs have done.

I think the custom group finder is a better add when it comes to enhancing gameplay. I feel like world quests are a solid evolution to rep grinding daily quests, with some solid rewards. A great revamp and a good advancement. Best addition ever...nah.

While I do enjoy world quests alot, no feature will ever top /ignore.

*jazz hands*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Best addition to the game? I don't think so. Really they are just glorified dailies. If they updated them to give better and better rewards as Legion went on then that would be great but to me still not the best. One thing i hate about them is they give so little rep. Would much rather have rep dailies back or even the tabard.
    You know what it means + on itemlvl? It means that it can proc upto max itemlvl what is curently in the game. Yes you can atualy get raid quality gear from world Q.

They need to do a better job at randomizing them, seeing the same quest over and over again is disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    Copy from FFXIV Fates.
    Even if they were (which they aren't), why would that be a bad thing? Most products/services/features in the world are copies of something else.

Between the world quests and the withered scenario, I'm enjoying WoW more than I have in a long time. Very happy with Legion thus far!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Even if they were (which they aren't), why would that be a bad thing? Most products/services/features in the world are copies of something else.
    They are the same (not sure how you dont see the similarities?) and I never implied it was bad. I like them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    Copy from FFXIV Fates.
    Blizzard should copy every single thing ever implemented in any other game that worked well. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Blizzard should copy every single thing ever implemented in any other game that worked well. All of them.
    You should pitch that idea to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You should pitch that idea to them.