Lightbulb Holy Nonbo?: Divine Purpose and Second Sunrise

Loving the Artifact and Holy Paladin in general! Been healing Mythic dungeons and having a blast for the past 2 days. I've noticed what I think is an unintentional interaction between Divine Purpose (Talent that gives a 15% chance to make Light of Dawn / Holy Shock not incur a cooldown) and Second Sunrise (Artifact Talent, chance to make Light of Dawn cast again for free).

When both of these trigger at the same time, I can't use the Divine Purpose proc. I'm not sure if it's the original Light of Dawn or the Second Sunrise Light of Dawn triggering Divine Purpose, but Light of Dawn goes on cooldown but is highlighted by the proc. You can't cast it before DP runs out, macking the proc wasted.

This is a definite nonbo, if I find time between running around the Broken Isles and Dungeons I'll try and test it to get a definite answer.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cross-post from the Blizz forums!

I have also noticed the issue you are talking about. Light of Dawn is on cooldown but it's highlighted for a proc. I don't know what to make of it however.

Game goes:

1. Cast Light of Dawn
    2. Trigger Second Sunrise! Put Light of Dawn on Cooldown
    3. Trigger Divine Purpose!
    4. Second Sunrise Light of Dawn
    5. Trigger me Mashing 1 with nothing happening while wasting DP proc.

I think it works fine when instead:

1. Cast Light of Dawn
    2. Trigger Second Sunrise!
    3. Second Sunrise Light of Dawn
    4. Trigger Divine Purpose!
    5. Cast Free Light of Dawn

Yeah, this is happening to me too.

Confirmed with some screenshots last night. Happened 3 times in a single dungeon. Could be higher than the 3% I thought given the compounding probability of DP and Second Sunrise Procing.

This bug is still occurring.

I am pretty sure plenty of people have submitted this bug. I personally have been reporting this almost every week since the start of the expansion, still nothing. Feels so bad being neglected like this, its just a bug, fix it jesus christ

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    I am pretty sure plenty of people have submitted this bug. I personally have been reporting this almost every week since the start of the expansion, still nothing. Feels so bad being neglected like this, its just a bug, fix it jesus christ
    I've reported it several times since alpha. Meanwhile if it's <popular dps class> shit gets fixed within a day. I've tweeted, made a forum post, reported in game on release, reported in game during beta, reported in game during alpha, nothing happens. The only thing left I have in mind is everyone coming together and upvoting a reddit thread but that's against their rules.

I'm fairly new to HPaladin:

Is Second Sunrise an active or a passive proc? I thought it would cast another LoD automatically and it works like: I use LoD and the game procs another LoD right after mine. Or is it a buff like Divine Purpose that I can cast another LoD right after?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm fairly new to HPaladin:

Is Second Sunrise an active or a passive proc? I thought it would cast another LoD automatically and it works like: I use LoD and the game procs another LoD right after mine. Or is it a buff like Divine Purpose that I can cast another LoD right after?
    It casts another LoD automatically.

Noticed this bug on Ursoc Mythic too, reported it several time, and still no answer. This is quite annoying since we are wasting a LOT of proc and it looks like things aren't going to get fixed soon...

Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    It casts another LoD automatically.
    Thank you. I tried to replicate the effect but it seems to not work out of combat. Haven't had much luck testing it in combat either.

But I recognized the bug as well - very annoying.

It happens a LOT for me as well where the proc for DP is highlighted but you cant use it bec it says LOD is on CD.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."