10+ Year Old Account

legion first aid bandage

am i doing something wrong or does legion bandage require shaldorei silk and ORE ?

i wanted to learn bandages from the first aid trainer in dalaran. since when do bandages require ore ?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since now. You just need a hell of a lot of Silver Mackerel fished up before you can even learn it!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because it's a splint not a bandage. Legion first aid is coming at it from a new angle, instead of only bandages we now have ointments, splints, along with normal bandages. Quests involve using these things to cure burns, stabilize NPC's, and set bones.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there introductionary questline for first aid like there is with main proffs/cooking ??

i dont get anything from dala trainer despite being 700skill.

and bandages start from 730skill. srsly wtf is this

10+ Year Old Account
    bump
    10chars

When out questing you'll occasionally get quest item drops. These will ask you to go find an NPC (often at a very annoying location) and use a specific (Legion) First Aid ability on that NPC. I haven't had one of these quests ask for something that I lacked the required skill level for. Once you heal/cure/bandage the NPC the quest completes and gives you some gold, order resources and +x skill level in First Aid. These skill level rewards are your best bet of leveling First Aid (along with the DMF quest). Most items you can craft will be green before the trainer can train you a new ability.

The trainer in Legion Dalaran should allow you to train Legion First Aid along with a few new abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    When out questing you'll occasionally get quest item drops. These will ask you to go find an NPC (often at a very annoying location) and use a specific (Legion) First Aid ability on that NPC. I haven't had one of these quests ask for something that I lacked the required skill level for. Once you heal/cure/bandage the NPC the quest completes and gives you some gold, order resources and +x skill level in First Aid. These skill level rewards are your best bet of leveling First Aid (along with the DMF quest). Most items you can craft will be green before the trainer can train you a new ability.

The trainer in Legion Dalaran should allow you to train Legion First Aid along with a few new abilities.
    why i never did get those kind of quests ?? i was 700 first aid when leveling and still didnt any get past 110

Randrom drop from random NPC. I did the quest 3 times while leveling and 2 in Suramar. Each quest gives +5 FA.
    If you doing the quest I advise do not find the quest in Suramar which will requires x5 more mats for only +5 FA

Completed every quest in all zones (except Suramar) here and have not seen a single First Aid quest drop yet.
    Either they are rare, or they are on mobs that are out of the way and not ones you find normally questing

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As said, it is a random drop item. Not sure if it is zone wide or certain mobs drop them, though I usually got them on beasts. Once you loot it a quest pops up in your log and you must hit the question mark and accept. Maybe you have an addon that is causing a conflict?

10+ Year Old Account
    sooo with the new legion first aid concept (totally fucking rng) there is no way for me to actually skill up first aid ? not even a bandage that i could use a DH since it requires 730 ?

just

10+ Year Old Account
    first something from legion is 730. so eventhough 700 was max in wod there is nothing i can start from in legion
    ??

Silvery Salve is the item that you can craft initially for some skill-ups. It's taught by the first aid trainer in Dalaran.

Deleted
    Check every checkbox at the first aid trainer. Legion First aid will be hidden at first for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silvery Salve is the item that you can craft initially for some skill-ups. It's taught by the first aid trainer in Dalaran.
    yeah and it requires 730 skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I just went to the first aid trainer in Dalaran to check on my druid (700 first aid skill, hasn't touched any Legion first aid stuff yet). There were three Legion skills she taught me: Legion First Aid, Silkweave Bandage, and Treat Fever. With just Silkweave Bandages I got up to 730 within a few minutes before it went gray. Treat Fever is still yellow though so I could get even higher without effort (the materials are bought off the vendor next to the trainer). You just need to check the trainer and buy the right recipes and leveling first aid is easy.

Edit: Just out of curiosity since you mentioned doing it on a demon hunter and it could be bugged, I jumped on my demon hunter and checked. Same deal: I was able to buy Legion First Aid, Silkweave Bandage, and Treat Fever all at skill level 1.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2016-09-29 at 02:35 AM.

Yeah, I was wrong about the first items you can learn. First one you can actually craft is indeed Silkweave Bandage. If you don't have it in your First Aid list and it's not on the vendor you can try making a ticket to get a GM to look at it. Have to say that the leveling process for First Aid is rather stupid. There are a few points at which you're just waiting on a random quest item drop to get additional skill points. Technically there's also the DMF quest, but I assume they didn't design the leveling process to require it. Having to rely on RNG to max out your profession is just stupid. At least First Aid isn't exactly the most important profession and you can craft everything without needing a max skill. Alchemy is not so lucky. The only way to get to 800 is to craft level 3 flasks. The only one way to get the recipe for a level 3 flask is to craft level 2 flasks and hope that you're lucky. Some people crafted hundreds of flasks without getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Treat Fever is still yellow though so I could get even higher without effort
    Treat Fever isn't something you can craft whenever you want. It's only use is to complete a quest objective from those random drop quest items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Treat Fever isn't something you can craft whenever you want. It's only use is to complete a quest objective from those random drop quest items.
    Yep, didn't realize that when I was checking for that post. Oops.