Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i play enh and ele. ele is far behind. super random. eeeeextreeeemly long aoe ramp up. low dps. i like ele. would love to play that spec. but at the moment its like someone said trash besides everything else than bloodlust and and relativly long living aoe packs in some instances. said but true

this is my first time raiding for legion(no beta) and i dont know if its because im not used to the fights yet, but my dps is fucking piss poor. im talking like near tank levels.

in dungeons i can top dps, in raids... its pathetic :/..

just did first boss of the new raid on normal and i was top dps as a ele shammy.

Yea my guilds dps sucks but got a few more days to improve b4 we do the rest of the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    just did first boss of the new raid on normal and i was top dps as a ele shammy.

Yea my guilds dps sucks but got a few more days to improve b4 we do the rest of the bosses.
    can you post your talent build? like i know a lot of it can be attributed to me not knowing shit on fights AND not being used to playing ranged(something that is happening a lot it seems is i will accidentally click a raid memeber and lose dps because im trying to do a spell while raid member is targeted.)

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    can you post your talent build? like i know a lot of it can be attributed to me not knowing shit on fights AND not being used to playing ranged(something that is happening a lot it seems is i will accidentally click a raid memeber and lose dps because im trying to do a spell while raid member is targeted.)
    Totem Mastery, Ancestral Swiftness, Primal Elementalist, Elemental Mastery, Lightning Rod.

I usually pull around 200k on dungeon bosses.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2016-09-21 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    I love the playstyle of ele, but there are some things that could be done better imo.

Mastery could use a rework/buff.
    Make it increase the chance of a LS proc?
    Or maybe make it further buff our crit damage (ie the +50% from passive +mastery), this would have great synergy with crit and wouldn't move crit away from biggest priority stat (assuming Blizzard wants it to be). Although this could buff our burst even further, so it might not be the best idea.

Also buff/completely rework Stormkeeper.
    Such a shit ability if you compare it to the artifact ability of say a Boomkin or Mage.
    Take it off the GCD, no reason it's on there.
    Increase the duration of the buff to 30sec (more would be fine too, would make for some neat pre-casting).
    Make LB castable while moving if its active.
    Guarantee a crit? This might be too strong tho.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Totem Mastery, Ancestral Swiftness, Primal Elementalist, Elemental Mastery, Lightning Rod.

I leveled from 100-110 using this spec, glad to see it's decent while raiding/instancing. Don't really like how badly Ascendance works with Stormkeeper.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I leveled from 100-110 using this spec, glad to see it's decent while raiding/instancing. Don't really like how badly Ascendance works with Stormkeeper.
    Ascendance doesn't synergise that badly with it. You get a guaranteed PotM and if you get blessed by rng one lightning bolt can hit for 500k+.

Ele needs a talent similar to Druids "Warrior of Elune" that gives us 75-100 Maelstrom at use (with a CD of <1min). It would decrease our ramp up time for AoE and would give us some room for an extended FS.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    Ascendance doesn't synergise that badly with it. You get a guaranteed PotM and if you get blessed by rng one lightning bolt can hit for 500k+.
    So... Hope for some rng? That sure sounds badly synergized. Besides, how is it not? It affects different abilities. Perhaps if Stormkeeper also affected Lava Beam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So... Hope for some rng? That sure sounds badly synergized. Besides, how is it not? It affects different abilities. Perhaps if Stormkeeper also affected Lava Beam.
    You have basically a 100% chance to line Stormkeeper up with PotM while you could get no overloads without it, I'd rather take the additional 15s cd and deal guaranteed +75% damage.

It also lines up almost perfectly, and I doubt that those first 15 seconds where you don't pop it will net you an additional use in most encounters.

However in cleave fights, lighning rod is, without a doubt, the clear winner.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    You have basically a 100% chance to line Stormkeeper up with PotM while you could get no overloads without it, I'd rather take the additional 15s cd and deal guaranteed +75% damage.

It also lines up almost perfectly, and I doubt that those first 15 seconds where you don't pop it will net you an additional use in most encounters.

However in cleave fights, lighning rod is, without a doubt, the clear winner.
    Ooh like that, right, now I get your point.

Deleted
    elem is for now the worst caster. in each fight all others caster deals more than 20% and more except one or two fight where the second worst caster is just 10/15% better than us

those were the exact talents i used but i was literally battling with warrior tanks. I will chalk it up to me always playing melee til now. a lot of things such as accidentally targeting raid members is definitely screwing my dps in some instances. but out sustain just seems so bad. while i can stand still and cast i look at the dps meter and all i do is fall behind if i dont have my CDs popped. like thats terrible imo.

150k? Actually thats terrible dps.

So cleared normal easily last night with guild. All ele has right now is the 45 of burst damage. I can hit up to about 400-600k depending on RNG as the beginning of the fight then it just falls out and usually ends up around 200-230 on single target fights. I used ascendence instead of lighting rod all night. I think a boost in just LB damage would help us move to the middle of the pack in single target fights. It hits like a wet noodle unless stormkeeper is up. For the love of God take stormkeeper off of the GCD. Having to use stormkeeper on a trash pack and hope for a overload proc is the only way our AOE can start to ramp up. Our AOE just seems like garbage.

- Broshóck- Bleeding Hollow.

I'm sorry, but if you are "Topping the dps charts" with a elemental, your guildmates are just bad at the game...its that simple... Logs are coming today and everyone can clearly see that Elemental is the worst spec right know... the only class that is worse is Frost DK... and no one is playing Frost DK's as they can switch to Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you are "Topping the dps charts" with a elemental, your guildmates are just bad at the game...its that simple... Logs are coming today and everyone can clearly see that Elemental is the worst spec right know... the only class that is worse is Frost DK... and no one is playing Frost DK's as they can switch to Unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    150k? Actually thats terrible dps.
    I know guys i said when i posted it that my guild does terrible dps. Keep in mind most of the people in my group are around 840 ilvl. The hunter marksman was the only dps that i know of (pally was a pug) that was a higher ilvl than me.

150k dps terrible? sure i agree. but it was our 2nd attempt and i normally do around 200k like i said.

I know guys i said when i posted it that my guild does terrible dps. Keep in mind most of the people in my group are around 840 ilvl. The hunter marksman was the only dps that i know of (pally was a pug) that was a higher ilvl than me.

150k dps terrible? sure i agree. but it was our 2nd attempt and i normally do around 200k like i said.
    Dungeon bosses is very different from raid bosses. So these numbers shouldnt be compared.

Mythic 4 finished last night.

That's when our group basically said my AOE is so bad they don't think we can get higher without changing the comp.

Fml